Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Selling the car - how does it work??

Selling the car - how does it work??

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:55 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling the car - how does it work??

Selling the Mrs' Prado and have a quick Q about how it works.

Had plenty of the usual dubizzler's sending SMS 'What is last price?' within minutes...

Do they just turn up with a wad of cash when you go to RTA to sign over the paperwork?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling the car - how does it work??

Many will turn up with a bouncing cheque.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc

Had plenty of the usual dubizzler's sending SMS 'What is last price?' within minutes...

Do they just turn up with a wad of cash when you go to RTA to sign over the paperwork?
pretty much. Personally, I have only paid upon having the RTA test completed though. Seems only fair.

You can mess around with MoUs and deposits if you thing they won't come back or will piss you around.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:05 am
Banned

Max Fly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ctfc

Wow..Do you need someone to teach you how to wipe your ass too?

C'mom man
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:48 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max Fly
Wow..Do you need someone to teach you how to wipe your ass too?

C'mom man
Max Fly its not as easy and staright forward as you would think so

CTFC .......Basically you both agree the sale and meet at RTA, he may ask for a thorough test as opposed to a standard test in order to satisfy himself as far as he can there is nothing wrong with the car, the thorough test takes approx 40-45 mins, can’t remember the cost but it wasn’t expensive, if I was buying a car I would insist on it.
Providing there is no HP on the car the sale can then go through, however if he lives in Sharjah then the car is “exported”, the number plates have to be removed and you have a choice to give them up or keep them registered for another car. If the purchaser lives in Sharjah then he needs top pay to have the car put on a trailer and taken there, the trailers are usually waiting outside RTA.
Hope that helps you and good luck with your sale.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:56 am
Banned

Max Fly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rowell
Max Fly its not as easy and staright forward as you would think so

CTFC .......Basically you both agree the sale and meet at RTA, he may ask for a thorough test as opposed to a standard test in order to satisfy himself as far as he can there is nothing wrong with the car, the thorough test takes approx 40-45 mins, can’t remember the cost but it wasn’t expensive, if I was buying a car I would insist on it.
Providing there is no HP on the car the sale can then go through, however if he lives in Sharjah then the car is “exported”, the number plates have to be removed and you have a choice to give them up or keep them registered for another car. If the purchaser lives in Sharjah then he needs top pay to have the car put on a trailer and taken there, the trailers are usually waiting outside RTA.
Hope that helps you and good luck with your sale.
Oh I apologize then..Its real easy here
Sorry
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

sold mine in a minute to a fella who was taking it to Oman
no need for test due to age

he had to pay for insurance to the border, export plates and yes a wad of cash
don't forget discharge letter from bank if you had a loan

didn't take long though
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:09 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
sold mine in a minute to a fella who was taking it to Oman
no need for test due to age

he had to pay for insurance to the border, export plates and yes a wad of cash
don't forget discharge letter from bank if you had a loan

didn't take long though
Yes you are right, if the car is to be exported a test is not actually required but if I was the buyer I would have one done before purchase.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right, if the car is to be exported a test is not actually required but if I was the buyer I would have one done before purchase.
they wanted to test it mind, we argued it wasn't required as it was only 2yr old
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:46 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We exported our seven year old car to Oman last week and were told it didn't need to be tested because the Dubai registration was still current.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by hnd
We exported our seven year old car to Oman last week and were told it didn't need to be tested because the Dubai registration was still current.
I sold my car to someone in Sharjah and it only needed an export test even though it was 6 years old, the export test was simply a chassis no check, however I had it tested for piece of mind to myself and the buyer, it cost me an additional 8k but at least I knew as far as I could the car was in good order.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:48 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I sold my car to someone in Sharjah and it only needed an export test even though it was 6 years old, the export test was simply a chassis no check, however I had it tested for piece of mind to myself and the buyer, it cost me an additional 8k but at least I knew as far as I could the car was in good order.
The test cost you 8k?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by norsk
The test cost you 8k?
No 4 new tyres due to age of tyre not because they were worn and also repairs. From memory the test was around 150dhs
Old Oct 7th 2012, 3:31 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, helpful.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:01 pm
Banned

ssautomobile is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, saved me starting a new topic on this topic