Sean Emmett

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:32 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sean Emmett

Originally Posted by al dente
Whoa! I have no idea of guilt or not but he says that he paid the fine ages ago. In fact 50% more than they quoted. His friends feel like it's a 7 days vendetta and not to believe everything in the papers and that The National picked it up. That is naive too. However, on the fine they are adamant that it is paid and had been for a long while.

There is a lot of righteous anger from the UK about the legal system here, which we all can have sympathy with as we often feel the same way. Whatever the situation, he should be either accused or given his passport back.
If that is the case then I'd be down the police station (sober) making an official complaint of lying against both papers.

Why hasn't he got his passport back? The Police say it's because he's not paid his fine - which would make sense as that is why his passport is being held.

I'm guessing that at least the news coverage has now brought things to a head.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
If that is the case then I'd be down the police station (sober) making an official complaint of lying against both papers.

Why hasn't he got his passport back? The Police say it's because he's not paid his fine - which would make sense as that is why his passport is being held.

I'm guessing that at least the news coverage has now brought things to a head.
I'm thinking the same, going to the press has forced their hand.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:05 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
But the Lee Brown case just sort of tailed off, I wondered if a deal was struck. It does seem to be a whiff of presumed guilt over Emmett, no idea whether it is justified but it's odd that they can just keep a passport with no justification and the BE aren't doing anything about it.
No surprises there then !
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:47 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Update, Home for Xmas and as usual no explanation at all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-25199200
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

My friend flew out for a brunch with him at the weekend and didn't contact me, so I guess I made all the wrong noises. Anyway, looks resolved now.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read on sky news tha someone has been arrested at Heathrow in connection with the case.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ADteacher
Just read on sky news tha someone has been arrested at Heathrow in connection with the case.
Wow, wonder who that could be?

BBC names him.

Last edited by Kix; Dec 5th 2013 at 11:16 am.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wife-dead.html
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will be watching with interest.