British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Scumbag labour blighting the Corniche.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/scumbag-labour-blighting-corniche-769459/)

britexpat76 Aug 25th 2012 3:56 pm

Scumbag labour blighting the Corniche....

I cannot believe some people...........Though the Comments quite rightly defend them.

As long as they are sitting on the grass and not your cars eh!?

http://dohanews.co/post/30099262215/...#disqus_thread

Boomhauer Aug 25th 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Scumbag labour blighting the Corniche....

The people who want to segregate the labourers are amongst the worst type of excuses for humans.
Labourers built everything there for s@^t wages, under s@%t conditions but far be it for them to enjoy the fruits of their labour.

Their passports are confiscated, essentially making them indentured servants, they can't bring their families over, they live in shite conditions . What the f$%k else are they supposed to do on holidays, stay cooped up inside their shite quarters because the ubermenschen don't want to be around these lesser humans.:frown:

Yeah I know leering/staring pisses off people (understandable) but these folks come from poverty stricken backgrounds unfamilair with Worldly-wise ways. Locals and other Arabs stare too, they just are better at hiding it. Some people are just not good at PR/putting on an act.

Edit
Also lets call a pig a pig, just call it a ghetto instead of "Entertainement Complex for Bachelors". Are they going to set up complexes for all the single Western and Arab (non Local) males too?

auzdafluff Aug 25th 2012 4:36 pm

I think the blame should be put squarely on the employers. It should be made law that they need to provide their labourers with appropriate swimming attire (boardshorts). They also need to educate them on beach etiquette, such as resisting the urge to stare.

Ultimately, if this doesn't happen, the poor guys are going to get banned permanently from the beaches. These countries are even more capitalist than the US. At the end of the day, it'll come down to which group are more valuable to the businesses down there, and of course the labourers will lose on that one every time.

Boomhauer Aug 25th 2012 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10246062)
I think the blame should be put squarely on the employers. It should be made law that they need to provide their labourers with appropriate swimming attire (boardshorts).

Also no hairy chests:D

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...-chain_opt.jpg

Peter Stringefellow (NSFW):sick:

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/2618196-post19.html
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541591

AirBender Aug 25th 2012 9:19 pm

such racists...........iv commented on the story......

Southlondoner Aug 25th 2012 10:28 pm

This is painful and sad, but Qatar is way more humane in this regard than Riyadh. Some of the (presumably local) commenters in the newspaper are sympathetic and understanding towards the immigrant labourers.

Can you imagine Saudis tolerating the subcontinental workers even entering malls in swanky parts of Riyadh? Cafes/restaurants where the locals go are also totally off limits to the workers. You would rarely see south Asians in any restaurants outside the ghetto areas. The security guards would just shoo them away.

auzdafluff Aug 26th 2012 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Southlondoner (Post 10246416)
This is painful and sad, but Qatar is way more humane in this regard than Riyadh. Some of the (presumably local) commenters in the newspaper are sympathetic and understanding towards the immigrant labourers.

Can you imagine Saudis tolerating the subcontinental workers even entering malls in swanky parts of Riyadh? Cafes/restaurants where the locals go are also totally off limits to the workers. You would rarely see south Asians in any restaurants outside the ghetto areas. The security guards would just shoo them away.

They are shooed away from Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall.

In fact, the whole reason Grand Mall and Al Quoz Mall exist is to give labourers a place to go shopping and hang out so they don't have any reason to go Dubai Mall or MoE... or so the thinking goes.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 4:34 am

Swings and roundabouts.

I turned up at a basketball game on an open court (mostly Filipino's of whom I knew two of them)...was largely ignored then politely asked to leave.

As much as some people, rightly or wrongly, like a divide for 'us' at the beach or don't like lots of single subcon lads around the mall or whatever, it can almost certainly be said the same in reverse.

mentalist Aug 26th 2012 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10246739)
Swings and roundabouts. I turned up at a basketball game on an open court (mostly Filipino's of whom I knew two of them)...was largely ignored then politely asked to leave. As much as some people, rightly or wrongly, like a divide for 'us' at the beach or don't like lots of single subcon lads around the mall or whatever, it can almost certainly be said the same in reverse.

What absolute rubbish.:thumbdown: You were probably asked to leave simply because you were perceived as being a threat with regard to their women, nothing else.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 5:28 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10246743)
What absolute rubbish.:thumbdown: You were probably asked to leave simply because you were perceived as being a threat with regard to their women, nothing else.

What the ****?

'Threat with regard to their women'? What does that mean?

The lads told me it was because only they would understand what I was getting at and they had their regular little teams etc.

Took it on the chin and left.

Was just an example that for all the moaning that some people do about these chaps, it can...sometimes, work both ways.

co durham boy Aug 26th 2012 5:35 am

I read the story yesterday and the worst thing about it is that it doesn't even shock me in the slightest .

It's far more prevalent here than The Emirates and it goes with the whole aggressive arrogance of Qatar and keeps in tune with the pig ignorant views of the region .

Also the guys with families from the sub-continent are just as ignorant with their views as our delightful hosts , they will walk over a dying man to get where they need to be and will not bat an eyelid either .

After many many years in this part of the world i try and keep all this shit outside my door as it will eventually drive you mad thinking about it at any great depth.

The basics of human decency is missing from all these countries and i won't lose a wink of sleep when i eventually walk away to leave these people to wallow in their own big bucket of festering shite !

goonerseba Aug 26th 2012 5:44 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10246761)
I read the story yesterday and the worst thing about it is that it doesn't even shock me in the slightest .

It's far more prevalent here than The Emirates and it goes with the whole aggressive arrogance of Qatar and keeps in tune with the pig ignorant views of the region .

Also the guys with families from the sub-continent are just as ignorant with their views as our delightful hosts , they will walk over a dying man to get where they need to be and will not bat an eyelid either .

After many many years in this part of the world i try and keep all this shit outside my door as it will eventually drive you mad thinking about it at any great depth.

The basics of human decency is missing from all these countries and i won't lose a wink of sleep when i eventually walk away to leave these people to wallow in their own big bucket of festering shite !

+1...an accurate and honest observation co.durham boy.

Boomhauer Aug 26th 2012 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10246739)
Swings and roundabouts.

I turned up at a basketball game on an open court (mostly Filipino's of whom I knew two of them)...was largely ignored then politely asked to leave.

As much as some people, rightly or wrongly, like a divide for 'us' at the beach or don't like lots of single subcon lads around the mall or whatever, it can almost certainly be said the same in reverse.

You were taller than them ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10246770)
You were taller than them ;)

Well, yeah, the chaps invited me but then realised it was a bad idea. Such is, they probably want to have a laugh with their mates, not be constantly blocked and demolished by a big fat white bloke.

Boomhauer Aug 26th 2012 6:26 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10246761)

SubCon is callous; just look at the malnutrition rates ,extreme mind assaulting poverty, farmer suicides, brutal treatment of lower castes and unimaginable wickedness of the upper castes. There are soo many children begging/starving ; wtf have the elites done since British independence. Would have been better for the poor if Britain stayed and ran the show.