Scottish Cities

Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:19 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Cities

[QUOTE=Roadking;7667412]
Originally Posted by Eva
Canal side shit hole it was called last time I was under a bridge... If you think that's nice, you can't be frequenting the right bridges or you left the cap off the bostik!
You take me right to the Bridge of Sighs...........

Last edited by Eva; Jun 15th 2009 at 7:24 pm. Reason: ommitted me
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:21 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eva;7667418]
Originally Posted by Roadking

You take me right to the Bridge of highs...........
Sorted...
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Roadking;7667424]
Originally Posted by Eva
Sorted...
Eeedjit
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:14 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
The voice of reason, once again my dear Eva!

So they are, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling and Inverness

I was about to send a mail to ITV and call them a 'crock' !
I thought a city was defined as to whether or not it had a cathedral. For example, the City of Dunblane (on signs when entering the city), and which has a cathedral.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
I thought a city was defined as to whether or not it had a cathedral. For example, the City of Dunblane (on signs when entering the city), and which has a cathedral.

A cathedral and a University is what I thought......
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:40 pm
Banned

J0nah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
A cathedral and a University is what I thought......
I thought city status was granted by the Queen (or previous kings/queens) thus before CofE usually only to towns that had a cathedral...or something like that anyway! Never thought of the Uni thing, could be right though, although now you get university of whatever county i suppose
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:45 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
or Brechin....
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:49 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
or Brechin....
And I never knew that they had removed the City status from my auld hame toon, Elgin......

Eeejits!!!

So, Elgin City FC, Brechin City FC etc are noo a' liars!!!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

York and Cambridge are cities.Neither has a Cathedral.....
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:05 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
York Minster | Welcome to York MinsterInformation on visiting, worshipping, learning, & being involved at York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

York Minster | Welcome to York MinsterInformation on visiting, worshipping, learning, & being involved at York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe.

Minster is a minster i.e a house of worship once a monastary or place of religious teaching but I agree it's confusing....one doesn't talk of York Minster Cathedrasl but certainly of Westminster..........

A cathedral was the home of the Bishop in the olden days when TGFKASE was a lad

Last edited by Eva; Jun 16th 2009 at 1:11 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:09 pm
Banned

J0nah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
York Minster??

Cambridge was granted city status in 1951 by royal assent
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:17 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Eva
Minster is a minster i.e a house of worship once a monastary or place of religious teaching but I agree it's confusing....one doesn't talk of York Minster Cathedrasl but certainly of Westminster..........

A cathedral was the home of the Bishop in the olden days when TGFKASE was a lad
eva, i took that straight off the internet..(wiki)

York Minster is a Gothic cathedral in York, England and is one of the largest of its kind in Northern Europe alongside Cologne Cathedral. The Minster is the seat of the Archbishop of York, the second-highest office of the Church of England, and is cathedral for the Diocese of York; it is run by a Dean and Chapter under the Dean of York. The formal title of York Minster is The Cathedral and Metropolitan Church of St Peter in York. Services in the Minster are sometimes regarded as on the high church Anglo-Catholicism side of the Anglican scale.[1]
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:24 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eva, i took that straight off the internet..(wiki)

York Minster is a Gothic cathedral in York, England and is one of the largest of its kind in Northern Europe alongside Cologne Cathedral. The Minster is the seat of the Archbishop of York, the second-highest office of the Church of England, and is cathedral for the Diocese of York; it is run by a Dean and Chapter under the Dean of York. The formal title of York Minster is The Cathedral and Metropolitan Church of St Peter in York. Services in the Minster are sometimes regarded as on the high church Anglo-Catholicism side of the Anglican scale.[1]
Commander, York Minster dates back I believe to 12th C,was that Anglo Saxon times??.It was a Minster i.e monastry or place of learning.No Bishop lived there initially.No Bishop lives there now-it's an Archbishop.

Yes I'm being an anorak, forgive me it was the Nuns.....
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

See what Wiki has to say on the issue

To be honest I'm still not any clearer on it though...

(I know it's a bit off topic but why the hell has Preston a city? It's a dump!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.