Schools - Kings Dubai

Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools - Kings Dubai

Originally Posted by commander
i agree, i am warming to the idea. Just hope the school hasnt been bulldozed by that time, you do know what Dubai is like!!

like you say 500AED is nothing really..
Because it is a only a small 'administration fee' I have not even asked whether this is refundable, I will do so on the open evening.

Anyway, i now will be able to write off this 500dhs in only two months as I have call barred all mobile and international calls from our etisalat landline as our phone bills to Sri Lanka and UAE mobiles (guess who made them) started to take the piss even after a polite conversation and showing of an itemised bill. Am i being too harsh?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

the reason i queried this was that we have a child of 9 months and have asked around a lot of the schools about putting her name down and most wouldnt entertain it until the child is at least 2yo.

Let me know how your open day goes, id be interested to hear if your sucessfull.

Personally i think its a nice little earner for the school capitalising on the known panicing of parents given the competition for places in schools, and when the time comes for your child to enter, if there are no places, then she will 'fail' the assessment.

cynical but i would imagine accurate
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
the reason i queried this was that we have a child of 9 months and have asked around a lot of the schools about putting her name down and most wouldnt entertain it until the child is at least 2yo.

Let me know how your open day goes, id be interested to hear if your sucessfull.

Personally i think its a nice little earner for the school capitalising on the known panicing of parents given the competition for places in schools, and when the time comes for your child to enter, if there are no places, then she will 'fail' the assessment.

cynical but i would imagine accurate
the registration fees are non refundable as far as I know...which seems logical cause people put their names down for loads of schools 'just in case' and it does involve work for the schools...
with the comings and goings here in Dubai it's hardly worth it for schools to do that kind of long term planning I would think...registering from 2 years old seems more logical...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
registering from 2 years old seems more logical...
Can you tell she is my first child?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:39 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
Can you tell she is my first child?
lol...yeah...in a couple of weeks time you'll be worrying about boyfriends
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...yeah...in a couple of weeks time you'll be worrying about boyfriends
She's not going out until she is 25! And then there will be a curfew
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:51 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
She's not going out until she is 25! And then there will be a curfew
yeah yeah yeah...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:27 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kings is building a new school up here at academic city which is going to be primary through to secondary, not sure if they are keeping the original one in Um seq as well but would be much closer to al warqaa