Schools - Kings Dubai

Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools - Kings Dubai

We are off to Kings Dubai open evening tomorrow, does anyone have children there or have opinions of the school?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools - Kings Dubai

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
We are off to Kings Dubai open evening tomorrow, does anyone have children there or have opinions of the school?
are you putting her name down already...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
are you putting her name down already...
Hello you! Not seen you around lately

We are staring to look at putting her name down as she is now 8mths old These past 8mths have flown by, and with the shortage of good school places in Dubai we wanted to try and secure the best for her. A British Curriculum is a must in our quest to find a good school.

p.s. I hear you with regards to the traffic recently, see you should have chosen Warqaa, its much more civilised over here. God knows what its going to be like when all the villas an apartments are occupied that border tripolis st and algeria st.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hello you! Not seen you around lately

We are staring to look at putting her name down as she is now 8mths old These past 8mths have flown by, and with the shortage of good school places in Dubai we wanted to try and secure the best for her. A British Curriculum is a must in our quest to find a good school.

p.s. I hear you with regards to the traffic recently, see you should have chosen Warqaa, its much more civilised over here. God knows what its going to be like when all the villas an apartments are occupied that border tripolis st and algeria st.
oh I am still around...not seen your blue monster either

jeez, 8 months old and already looking for schools...were you in the boys scouts...
My kids are at Uptown which I love, but that's IB curriculum...
Isn't Kings in Umm Sequim though, or do they have another one here...there is also Royal Dubai School, in Mizhar...

yeah...traffic will get completely crazy once people move into those new villas and apartments...it doesn't bear thinking about...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

oh I am still around...not seen your blue monster either

jeez, 8 months old and already looking for schools...were you in the boys scouts...
My kids are at Uptown which I love, but that's IB curriculum...
Isn't Kings in Umm Sequim though, or do they have another one here...there is also Royal Dubai School, in Mizhar...

yeah...traffic will get completely crazy once people move into those new villas and apartments...it doesn't bear thinking about...
I'm hoping to show you my blue monster some day (don't you engineer conversations well MH!!)

Yeah, kings is in Umm Suqeim, Royal Dubai is on our to do list (as well as 5 or six others).
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:23 am
hmmmm...nice

I'm hoping to show you my blue monster some day (don't you engineer conversations well MH!!)

Yeah, kings is in Umm Suqeim, Royal Dubai is on our to do list (as well as 5 or six others).
it's all in the mind...

so do schools actually take registrations for 8 month olds...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

it's all in the mind...

They allow registration for a fee of AED500, but this does not guarantee acceptance (which is based upon an assessment, yep, assessment even for a 3yr old).
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

err no they dont

or if they do, id be interested to hear about it...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:31 am
hmmmm...nice

They allow registration for a fee of AED500, but this does not guarantee acceptance (which is based upon an assessment, yep, assessment even for a 3yr old).
well...my kids got accepted which means that they'll basically let everybody in...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:32 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by commander
err no they dont

or if they do, id be interested to hear about it...
surely you are too old to have a small one...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

surely you are too old to have a small one...
i have a grandaughter of 9 months
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:37 am
hmmmm...nice

i have a grandaughter of 9 months
that explains it then...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:59 am
banned

so you pay 500AED now and in 2yr and 3months, when you may not even be living here anymore, you may get into the school, but its not guaranteed?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

so you pay 500AED now and in 2yr and 3months, when you may not even be living here anymore, you may get into the school, but its not guaranteed?

I am willing to sacrifice 500dhs on the chance that everything goes in our favour and she gets a place at a good school. There is obviously a limit (not really considered what it would be), but I don't think 500dhs is too great a deal to worry about when compared to the potential happiness and success of my daughter.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:03 am
banned

I am willing to sacrifice 500dhs on the chance that everything goes in our favour and she gets a place at a good school. There is obviously a limit (not really considered what it would be), but I don't think 500dhs is too great a deal to worry about when compared to the potential happiness and success of my daughter.
i agree, i am warming to the idea. Just hope the school hasnt been bulldozed by that time, you do know what Dubai is like!!

like you say 500AED is nothing really..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.