Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

School Reunion Yes / No

School Reunion Yes / No

Old May 19th 2011, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice
Default School Reunion Yes / No

School Reunion
Do tell the BORED, as Ramadam is coming up, me and my son are going back to UK for the month. I have been getting loads of emails ( well four actually ) asking if I want to go to a farewell school reunion,since they are going to knock down my old school.
What have been your experiences at these events, and secondly if you haven't been, would you go to one for old times sake if you was back home?
Personally, I am thinking of going because I know that Gina ( divorced and apparently as fit as a butchers dog ) is going to be their......school trip to Inverliever, Scotland aged 13, MMmmmmm

Last edited by markinbahrain; May 19th 2011 at 2:04 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Reunion Yes / No

Go, it'll be a laugh. I've been to a few and had a grand old time. A friend from school was killed in an accident in Bali a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to go the last few so didn't get to catch up with her before she left the planet permanently.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
School Reunion
Do tell the BORED, as Ramadam is coming up, me and my son are going back to UK for the month. I have been getting loads of emails ( well four actually ) asking if I want to go to a farewell school reunion,since they are going to knock down my old school.
What have been your experiences at these events, and secondly if you haven't been, would you go to one for old times sake if you was back home?
Personally, I am thinking of going because I know that Gina ( divorced and apparently as fit as a butchers dog ) is going to be their......school trip to Inverliever, Scotland aged 13, MMmmmmm
Definitely go.......... you'll be amazed at what everyone looks like, and what everyone's been doing...... especially if it's taking place at the school itself.
Old May 19th 2011, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no- I can't think of anything worse. If I wanted to stay in touch with people I would have done. I hate reunions and can't think of anything worse! Its bad enough when old school mates contact you on facebook let alone actually seeing them and having to talk to them.
Old May 19th 2011, 5:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Never ever. I only keep vaguely in touch with a couple of the guys I was at school with and really have little interest in the rest of them, most of whom I believe are still living within a 20 miles radius of the school. Frankly, I can barely remember the names of most people I was at secondary school with.
Old May 19th 2011, 5:38 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would rather gargle wasps.... I moved 5000k's to get away from them in the first place...

But then I am grumpy and antisocial at the best of times....
Old May 19th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

sadly, the town I went to school in, 99% of the pupils had no intention of ever leaving the town. I go to the The Plough Inn on a Saturday night and see 3/4 of the people I went to school with! No need for a reunion for me!
Old May 19th 2011, 6:24 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

School Reunion
Do it , unless since you went there last are now a fat balding failure. As the idea of these things is that the successful people can go back examine the train wreck of other peoples lives.
I went to one of mine and was surprised at the amount of divorces, alcoholics, general ****-ups and in fact success stories that had come from the unlikeliest of people.
You can bedazzle Gina with knicker loosening tales of foreign exploits.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go. I hate these things, but I'd still do it. If only to remind myself why I don't keep in contact with half of the people I went to school with. You never know you might get into Gina's knickers as an upside.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

School Reunion
Why not, could be fun.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Old Boys and even the various houses host quite a few reunions all over the place. Not just the main one at the school but regional/London get togethers and dinners.

I like to go along. It's fun. Some people are....too attached to the school but it's good times with old friends and teachers.

My year is now at the point of our lives when it's becoming quite clear who's going in what direction. The successful versus the non-successful.

Last edited by Ethos83; May 19th 2011 at 6:58 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:49 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
The Old Boys and even the various houses host quite a few reunions all over the place. Not just the main one at the school but regional/London get togethers and dinners.

I like to go along. It's fun. Some people are....too attached to the school but it's good times with old friends and teachers.

My year is now at the point of our lives when it's becoming quite clear who's going in what direction. The successful versus the non-successful.
I thought you were still AT school
Old May 19th 2011, 8:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

my old school has had a few but I have been here when they have taken place, if I had been in the UK I think I would have gone just to see how many Grandmothers there were in my class now
Old May 19th 2011, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not been back to any of my secondary school reunions. It seems that they are only attended by either those that are such a low ebb, the reunion is seen as a social calendar highpoint, or by those who feel the need to brag about their timeshare in wherever it may be.

I keep in touch with those that I want to, I see those that I want to, and the rest I couldnt give a badgers bum to.

I did wonder if it was because I can be a miserable bugger, or whether as an ex-RAF brat I am quite used to the nomadic/transient life whereby instead of having a gajillion "friends", I have a small but fantastic group who I actually do make time for and who I can trust no matter what.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:27 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch Grosse Pointe Blank

the best film about a school reunion. Fact.

http://www.zuguide.com/#Grosse-Pointe-Blank

John Cusack and Alan Arkin are brilliant in it and it has the fantastic Jeremy Piven as an added bonus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.