School Discipline

Old Apr 8th 2011, 7:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Discipline

Nice to read about a headmistress putting unruly kids firmly in their place for a change. If you read the many pages of comments from readers, you will see that she gets the thumbs up from the overwhelming majority.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Discipline

Completely agree with this, I had some proper little shits in my school and they completely disrupted the class- was sometimes very funny (as a teenager obviously now I recognize our behavior at the time was appauling) but I have no idea how teachers are meant to teach the little shites they have today with no power over them.

I can remember one teacher being shut in the stationary cupboard by one of the lads in my class- after about 10 minutes of screaming 'let me out' he started crying, we left him there for the next class to find- the whole class did get detention mind. The same teacher (bless him) chased one of boys out onto the scaffolding ( 1st floor classroom during some maintenance) we let the lad back in but not the teacher- so he had to go down to the next classroom and knock on the window to be let in- causing much amusement to my class and the one next door- again full class detention. I am amazed that particular teacher carried on teaching as he used to get such a hard time although I was in a particularly bad year! My school did have one of the better reputations at the time so god knows what the other schools where like!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
.... in the stationary cupboard .....
Is this the cupboard that's not moving?

Note - stationery relates to stationery items (pens, pencils, paper etc) - stationary means not moving. Can be remembered by a stationer sells stationery items.

Here endeth today's lesson.

I'll get my coat.......
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

What can I say- we pissed about in english as well!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:28 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It shows how far down we have sunk when juveniles think they have the right to behave disrespectfully to their elders without punishment and even their parents support that twisted way of thinking.

I am glad to see that the majority consensus however still seems to be proper discipline for school children...I am still wondering why corporal punishment was removed as we saw a huge decline in pupil behaviour (and often performance)...

N.