Scamp Summer Holiday

Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scamp Summer Holiday

I think most of the things have been mentioned but Phuket is fairly shite although the phi phi islands are really nice. My wife and 2 boys 8 and 3 went there last summer. I would check out Chiang Mai was the best place we visited, no beaches but a nice sized city and a very cool atmosphere. Lots to do. We stayed at the Shangri La. Great hotel and a great atmosphere when the Chinese are not there, which can be said for most hotels and places in Thailand. www.shangri-la.com/chiangmai/shangrila/
You can't go wrong in Bangkok great city. We also stayed in Khao Lak which is great if you just want a week of chilling. The weather was good and a little bit of rain but not enough to ruin anything. We stayed at Le Meridien very nice and they had half price spa treatments so it was lovely. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1847
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Definitely stay put and go for day's to other islands

OR

Stay on KS for a few days and KP for a few days?

We have PHD's in the art of doing nothing (except drinking at the swim up bar), so with only 5 days in hand to practice our PHD's we stayed put on KS.

That said if we'd had more time our preference would have been stay a week on KS then a week on KP. KP is only a half hour boat ride away so good for a day trip if you'd prefer. No idea about other islands.

Whatever floats your (& your Mrs) boat mate. Enjoy whatever you book
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Equestra
We have PHD's in the art of doing nothing (except drinking at the swim up bar), so with only 5 days in hand to practice our PHD's we stayed put on KS.

That said if we'd had more time our preference would have been stay a week on KS then a week on KP. KP is only a half hour boat ride away so good for a day trip if you'd prefer. No idea about other islands.

Whatever floats your (& your Mrs) boat mate. Enjoy whatever you book
You're a helpful one. Thanks Equestra.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

You're a helpful one. Thanks Equestra.
If you do end up on KS make sure you visit Fishermans Village Night Market. Starts around 5.30pm when the place comes totally alive. Cocktails served in PINT sized plastic glasses from street vendors for about 40p.....verrrrrry strong!! Fabaroooony!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse..._Province.html
Old Jun 9th 2013, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Update.

Getting fleeced left/right/centre for flights between places but I'm gulping and taking that lot on the chin.

Bangkok for one night, booked.
Fly to Singapore, two nights in the Pan Pacific. Got a club room which equals champers for brekkie and free grog between 6-8pm and a free late checkout (we don't fly onwards until 8pm)....by free, yes I've paid for it, but it's not as expensive as some hotels and looks very nice indeed.
Fly to Koh Samui

That's all that's booked so far.

I've got to look at the Mantra place suggested by Equestra...other suggestions welcome.

We'll be on KSamui for 5/6 days and Koh Phagnan(sp) for 2.

It's ****ing ages away and I'm buzzing already.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 4:05 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Pan PAcific in Singapore - top notch choice old chap it's awesome
Old Jun 9th 2013, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Pan PAcific in Singapore - top notch choice old chap it's awesome
Get in. Thanks!
Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If there is decent surfing at the places you visit, could you post some pics please
Old Jun 10th 2013, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If there is decent surfing at the places you visit, could you post some pics please
That's on my list for today. 5/6 days in Koh Samui which will involve chilling out, so after hour 2 on the first day I'll be bored and off exploring. If I can find some surf, I'll be a happy lad.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

I've not been there but have a close friend who stayed at the Anantara on Koh Phangan who said it was the absolute mutts nuts....

http://phangan-rasananda.anantara.co...FdIPtAodMngAEA
Old Jun 10th 2013, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been there but have a close friend who stayed at the Anantara on Koh Phangan who said it was the absolute mutts nuts....

Stayed at the Anantara in Bali (Uluwatu) and the hotel was pretty boss - jacuzzis on every balcony. The finishing was a tad average to shit tho. It seems they had skipped the snagging stage.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Looks stunning but 3,300 for the cheapest room for two nights is a bit lumpy for me

Thanks though Equestra and keep 'em coming...
Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp, when I was last on Koh Phangan I stayed in Hadd Yao (or summit like that). It's up on the west coast and a good deal nicer (and cheaper) than Hadd Rin. It's easily taxiable into Hadd Rin for the full Moon etc.

I managed to get a brand new bungalow on stilts on the hillside overlooking the bay. Awesome bedroom, LCD flatscreen, kitchen etc. No hotel service tho. £15 a night in 2006.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Scamp, when I was last on Koh Phangan I stayed in Hadd Yao (or summit like that). It's up on the west coast and a good deal nicer (and cheaper) than Hadd Rin. It's easily taxiable into Hadd Rin for the full Moon etc.

I managed to get a brand new bungalow on stilts on the hillside overlooking the bay. Awesome bedroom, LCD flatscreen, kitchen etc. No hotel service tho. £15 a night in 2006.
Sweet. Thanks mate, will be looking at KP tonight.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 7:10 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet. Thanks mate, will be looking at KP tonight.
Scampy, me and Mrs Shed have been to Ko Samui about 20 times already as we totally love the place. The two main entertainment venues (as mentioned) are fishermans village and Chaweng. Chaweng is a bit too loud for me so most evenings we tend to be in FV. Good bars, nice restaurants, plenty of life.

One thing you MUST do is take a trip to the Big Buddha Cafe for sundowners or early dinner. It is THE spot on Samui to watch the sunset.

Not sure if you like fishing, but if you do check out Topcats Samui. A closed lake with HUGE catfish and it is an absolute blast for a morning. They also serve the best bacon buttie on the island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.