British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Scammed by Group360 Property Management (similar to MFR) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/scammed-group360-property-management-similar-mfr-763925/)

sophia6396 Jul 4th 2012 8:02 pm

Scammed by Group360 Property Management (similar to MFR)

I just want to warn people not to deal with a company called Group360 Property Management, they have taken our money and it is proving really difficult to get back.

Basically we rented out villa out back in Dec 2011, Group360 approached us with the intention of subletting it, we signed the deal for 95k in 3 cheques. However the cheques bounced and despite telephone calls and a couple of visits to Dubai, all the way from UK we are still chasing them. It transpires that they have done this to many people as the Police informed us that they had around 11 cases pending against them. There has been similar cases lately involving a company called 'MFR' this seems to be a copycat scam.. These people take full payment from the tenant in 1 cheque at a lower amount, in our case they took 85k from the tenant and then do whatever they wish with the money, we on the other hand are left with a tenant who we are unable to evict and a mortgage that needs to be paid every month!

The Police have been of little help and we are absolutely desperate to get justice as the guy who owns the company is literally laughing at us! he told the Policeman yesterday on the phone "tell the owner to take me to court!"

My husband is currently in Dubai, desperately trying to sort this out, if anybody has been stung by this company or can help please contact him on <snip> :(

sophia6396 Jul 4th 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Scammed by Group360 Property Management (similar to MFR)

Hi Bob, desperate hence the phone number, also its our Dubai sim which is temporary, only use it whilst we are here...

Originally Posted by sophia6396 (Post 10154899)
I just want to warn people not to deal with a company called Group360 Property Management, they have taken our money and it is proving really difficult to get back.

Basically we rented out villa out back in Dec 2011, Group360 approached us with the intention of subletting it, we signed the deal for 95k in 3 cheques. However the cheques bounced and despite telephone calls and a couple of visits to Dubai, all the way from UK we are still chasing them. It transpires that they have done this to many people as the Police informed us that they had around 11 cases pending against them. There has been similar cases lately involving a company called 'MFR' this seems to be a copycat scam.. These people take full payment from the tenant in 1 cheque at a lower amount, in our case they took 85k from the tenant and then do whatever they wish with the money, we on the other hand are left with a tenant who we are unable to evict and a mortgage that needs to be paid every month!

The Police have been of little help and we are absolutely desperate to get justice as the guy who owns the company is literally laughing at us! he told the Policeman yesterday on the phone "tell the owner to take me to court!"

My husband is currently in Dubai, desperately trying to sort this out, if anybody has been stung by this company or can help please contact him on <snip> :(