Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saved in the nick of time...

Saved in the nick of time...

Old Jan 16th 2020, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saved in the nick of time...

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Nope , Ocean Beach Dubai opens this year along with the incoming hoards of full sleeve tatted protein shake farting whoppers .
Isn't that already The Five?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 3:14 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Totally agree with you on this. Although, I think you've broken the first rule of fight club
I Have indeed mate.. Altho not the first time.. First time was when the Admin spoke about charging for a 'Discount Card',... I asked him why he suddenly wanted to monetize an FB page, and was summarily banned..!!
Old Jan 16th 2020, 3:15 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with the above , a lot of people are just risking everything for what ? I look at some people around me and also who work directly for me and see a totally unsustainable life which will end one way and that is right up shit creek. Not much empathy left in the tank after nearly 20 years.

Iv struggled to really get my head around why for many years . Saying that there's a reason why smack heads like bedsits in coastal towns in the UK . Same probably applies here. One of the most important parts of working overseas is to know when to pull the ripcord.
Ripcord just pulled - got an internal transfer which was very attractive, after 16 years it time to head back and be able to go the Stadium of Shite on a weekend.

I'm a lurker on that FB page, its mindblowing how many of the members are only just surviving on crap packages or are out of work and hoping for something new to come their way. This is not the place to be doing that.

Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:10 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Try renting a flat in Worthing or Hastings fella
Maybe not Worthing because it's the right side of Brighton but Hastings is cheap.....compared to London anyway which is where a lot of problem tenants get moved from.

Plenty of bedsits down there. St Leonards was full of them.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Isn't that already The Five?
No mate that's the other hell hole
Old Jan 19th 2020, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Ripcord just pulled - got an internal transfer which was very attractive, after 16 years it time to head back and be able to go the Stadium of Shite on a weekend.

I'm a lurker on that FB page, its mindblowing how many of the members are only just surviving on crap packages or are out of work and hoping for something new to come their way. This is not the place to be doing that.
There's definitely a new breed of numb nut around the city in general I've noticed , i can understand the twenty somethings just blagging whatever out here as it's what twenty somethings do but the older guys who should know better i scratch my head at.

Good time to be heading back , we're on the march for promotion with Parkiola !!!!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Taking your own life or depression isn't necessary linked to financial stability though. And I wonder what a thread bare NHS would be able to provide in this particular case.
Old Jan 28th 2020, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Plenty of bedsits down there. St Leonards was full of them.
10 years in the dust bowl and your looking at bedsits in gods waiting room! Now that's depressing...
Old Jan 28th 2020, 10:04 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
10 years in the dust bowl and your looking at bedsits in gods waiting room! Now that's depressing...
Don't know if you're serious there or not , but it's completely untrue.

Only been in Saudi 8 years.