British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sausages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sausages-805997/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Sausages

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10851654)
BTW - my top tip for today is to check out the pork section at the Organic Supermarket, now in the SZR megastore. Unlike most things in there, their pork is very well priced and actually often cheaper than the main supermarkets. Your're welcome.

Is this the Organic Café? (Assuming it has a store attached....)

Meow Aug 19th 2013 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10858069)
Is this the Organic Café? (Assuming it has a store attached....)

It's always been a supermarket with a cafe attached. Used to be in Dubai Mall, now a massive storefront on SZR.

http://www.organicfoodsandcafe.com/

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 12:47 pm

As Meow says, it is next door to the Oasis Centre :)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10858077)
It's always been a supermarket with a cafe attached. Used to be in Dubai Mall, now a massive storefront on SZR.

http://www.organicfoodsandcafe.com/

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858084)
As Meow says, it is next door to the Oasis Centre :)

Sweet, thank you Ladies. We were planning on making a visit there post-holiday anyway.

Garden Centre is nearby too I think, so will buy something to kill on the new balcony.

Meow Aug 19th 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10858092)
Sweet, thank you Ladies. We were planning on making a visit there post-holiday anyway.

Garden Centre is nearby too I think, so will buy something to kill on the new balcony.

You'll be appalled at the prices in the Organic supermarket. Most of it is very expensive - apart from the pork.

Can I also recommend that you don't buy anything from Dubai Garden Centre as that's overpriced too? I can give you directions to two 'mosque garden centres' not far from me that stock good ranges of decent plants, and pots, at way better prices.

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10858092)

that is a lot further up, that is near the Gold and Diamond Park and a total rip off, use a local garden shop, Meow knows one in Jumeirah if not I will tell you the one I use, half the price of the garden centre

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10858096)
You'll be appalled at the prices in the Organic supermarket. Most of it is very expensive - apart from the pork.

Can I also recommend that you don't buy anything from Dubai Garden Centre as that's overpriced too? I can give you directions to two 'mosque garden centres' not far from me that stock good ranges of decent plants, and pots, at way better prices.

same minds :)

Interestingly we got juice in Organic place cheaper than Choithrams, it's not organic but they were selling it about 3 dhs a pack cheaper than the supermarket.

Meow Aug 19th 2013 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858100)
same minds :)

Interestingly we got juice in Organic place cheaper than Choithrams, it's not organic but they were selling it about 3 dhs a pack cheaper than the supermarket.

It's a funny place. The odd item is reasonably priced and the rest you go around saying "how flipping much?" :)

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10858110)
It's a funny place. The odd item is reasonably priced and the rest you go around saying "how flipping much?" :)

like a chicken for 77 dhs :)

Meow Aug 19th 2013 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858112)
like a chicken for 77 dhs :)

For that I'd expect it to be covered in truffles and cook itself!

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10858117)
For that I'd expect it to be covered in truffles and cook itself!

compared to the crap chicken we get here it looked like a turkey!! :)

Meow Aug 19th 2013 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858119)
compared to the crap chicken we get here it looked like a turkey!! :)

In that case, not so bad. I was exaggerating, but they never seem to have then in stock, just very expensive turkey legs the size of a small dog.

I can't buy local chickens as the fresh ones just smell funny.

mentalist Aug 19th 2013 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858098)
that is a lot further up, that is near the Gold and Diamond Park and a total rip off, use a local garden shop, Meow knows one in Jumeirah if not I will tell you the one I use, half the price of the garden centre

I thought the cheapest nurseries were out beyond Dragonmart. There are more? Mind you, Dhs2 for a flowering plant at DGC is hardly extortionate.

Millhouse Aug 19th 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10858240)
I thought the cheapest nurseries were out beyond Dragonmart. There are more? Mind you, Dhs2 for a flowering plant at DGC is hardly extortionate.

Yes, near Dragonmart or the plant souq.

Tockalosh Aug 19th 2013 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10858096)

Cheapest weber barbeques by 100 aed though