British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Saudis and their moobies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/saudis-their-moobies-713111/)

lullabelle Apr 12th 2011 7:12 pm

Saudis and their moobies

Ok so we went to aquaventure at Atlantis today after the kids had finished school. I deliberately picked midweek so it would be quiet. WRONG. It appeared we chose a Saudi holliday to visit and the place was teeming with niquabs, burkinis and MOOBS. Great, massive man boobs. Never seen so many in one place. Many of them bigger than mine and that's saying something. All on young guys.

So, is it now law that 90% of Saudi youth have moobs? Is that what these "days of rage" are really all about? A rebellion at having jugs bigger than yer mum?

norsk Apr 13th 2011 6:28 am

Re: Saudis and their moobies

Originally Posted by lullabelle (Post 9301129)
Ok so we went to aquaventure at Atlantis today after the kids had finished school. I deliberately picked midweek so it would be quiet. WRONG. It appeared we chose a Saudi holliday to visit and the place was teeming with niquabs, burkinis and MOOBS. Great, massive man boobs. Never seen so many in one place. Many of them bigger than mine and that's saying something. All on young guys.

So, is it now law that 90% of Saudi youth have moobs? Is that what these "days of rage" are really all about? A rebellion at having jugs bigger than yer mum?

The obesity is a side effect of the strictness of saudi society combined with an excessive love of fast food and video games. Kids here don't go out and play football or ride their bikes in the street like they do in other countries. Also of course for much of the year it is simply too bloody hot..

There was no holiday that I'm aware of, but as you may have read in the papers recently the king distributed a shitload of cash to people to stop them protesting. This money is being spent all over the place also on small holidays to Dubai I guess (now that Bahrain is a warzone - actually they can't get into the country without an excuse).

Retailers in Saudi are commonly reporting year on year increases in the hundreds of percent over the last month or so! The impact on inflation this year is going to be huge..

Ethos83 Apr 13th 2011 7:34 am

Apparently Saudi raised chicken is pumped full of hormones and Saudis love their cheap chickens even more than they love their marlboros. One of the side effects are the manboobs....

Originally Posted by lullabelle (Post 9301129)

Millhouse Apr 13th 2011 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9302088)
Apparently Saudi raised chicken is pumped full of hormones and Saudis love their cheap chickens even more than they love their marlboros. One of the side effects are the manboobs....

How was/is Vietnam? did you catch the yellow fever?

Ethos83 Apr 13th 2011 7:43 am

Shitty.

No. Ugly women. Then again who am I to complain? I leave for the UK day after tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9302101)
How was/is Vietnam? did you catch the yellow fever?

Boomhauer Apr 13th 2011 8:16 am

An enterprising chap could sell them mansiers!

typical Apr 13th 2011 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9302107)
Shitty.

No. Ugly women. Then again who am I to complain? I leave for the UK day after tomorrow.

Then you were in the wrong place(s).

kittycat1 Apr 13th 2011 8:41 am

Boomhauer- girdles are already available but they dont sell here as men would never accept being that uncomfortable and also they dont do anything for moobs- I was reading something the other day that one of the most common plastic surgery procedures is moob liposuction. Why strap it down when you can get it sucked out?

I'll suggest it at work though ;)

Ethos83 Apr 13th 2011 8:44 am

We were mostly in central and north Vietnam. Never got further south than Hoi An. Perhaps it's different in Saigon.

But Asian girls aren't my thing. Dubai's ruined them for me. I once associated elegance, intelligence and style with East Asian women. Now I only see them as maids and wonder if she skips the corners when mopping.

By the way, don't fly Cathay Pacific. I last flew with them about a decade ago when it was still a stellar airline. These days it's just a maid express to the Philippines.

Originally Posted by typical (Post 9302160)
Then you were in the wrong place(s).

Millhouse Apr 13th 2011 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9302205)
We were mostly in central and north Vietnam. Never got further south than Hoi An. Perhaps it's different in Saigon.

But Asian girls aren't my thing. Dubai's ruined them for me. I once associated elegance, intelligence and style with East Asian women. Now I only see them as maids and wonder if she skips the corners when mopping.

By the way, don't fly Cathay Pacific. I last flew with them about a decade ago when it was still a stellar airline. These days it's just a maid express to the Philippines.

Well, it is good to see that travel has broadened your mind.

Ethos83 Apr 13th 2011 9:16 am

I've been to 37 countries and counting.

How about you?

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9302208)
Well, it is good to see that travel has broadened your mind.

Millhouse Apr 13th 2011 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9302240)

How about you?

Well, if you include the Isle of Wight, I think it's 3 now.

typical Apr 13th 2011 9:40 am

It IS different in Saigon, but there are pretty girls to be found up north too.

I live somewhere between Hanoi and Hue right now.

I've never really had a thing for Asian girls (or any "kind" of girl) in general, though I did marry one. My wife has been asked by a JJ if she'd do her mopping, actually. I'm the mopper in our house :frown:

The hard product is really quite poor now, but can't say I saw any maids. And the service was still as good as you'd expect. The IFE blows EK's away. (Last week I flew HAN-HKG-SFO // LAX-HKG-SGN on CX.)

How about you?

13 countries in Europe, 9 in MENA, 11 in Asia, and the US of A.

Ethos83 Apr 13th 2011 9:52 am

How can you live in such a shitty country?

The pollution and congestion would drive me absolutely batty. I'd be toting a machine gun and mowing down the leagues of vendors/hawkers.

Originally Posted by typical (Post 9302267)
It IS different in Saigon, but there are pretty girls to be found up north too.

I live somewhere between Hanoi and Hue right now.

I've never really had a thing for Asian girls (or any "kind" of girl) in general, though I did marry one. My wife has been asked by a JJ if she'd do her mopping, actually. I'm the mopper in our house :frown:

The hard product is really quite poor now, but can't say I saw any maids. And the service was still as good as you'd expect. The IFE blows EK's away. (Last week I flew HAN-HKG-SFO // LAX-HKG-SGN on CX.)

13 countries in Europe, 9 in MENA, 11 in Asia, and the US of A.

weasel central Apr 13th 2011 9:59 am

How about you?

Dude I am surprised you were able to get your head out of your ass to see where you were.