Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi women sport World Cup themed abayas

Saudi women sport World Cup themed abayas

Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi women sport World Cup themed abayas

Women in Saudi Arabia have joined in the football fever that has sweeped the world with colourful abayas sporting the flags of the teams they support.

Saudi designer Rania Khoger created the unique line of abayas, the traditional loose-fitting garment worn by most Gulf women, to commemorate the FIFA World Cup taking place in South Africa.

“I’ve designed abayas for all of the teams that are participating in the World Cup. Although Saudi Arabia has not qualified, I’ve designed an abaya especially for them. Many of my costumers have told me that they are going to wear Saudi abayas,”

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...bayas-1.643723
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi women sport World Cup themed abayas

Cool.

Thought I'd get the first reply in before the cynics start...
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok they look a bit more sophisticated and subtle than they sound, I was imagining women smothered in stars and stripes!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Now they look even more like trash bags, you know those with a colored ribbon/band in it to close them.....

reminds me of the prom my daughter had. The prom-committee came up with the brilliant idea, that the theme for the prom should be black and white!

They are soooo inventive and creative aren't they?