Saudi - Why?

Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - Why?

You do the job take the money then leave . It can be done easily but it's an oppressive horrible place . You just need to remind yourself every single day to why you're there in the first place .

I'm lucky , i only go for a maximum of 2 weeks at a time and it's a rat hole , there's no doubt about that whatsoever . My quickest immigration entry stands at 2 hours my longest at 10 hours and that's with a multi entry visa !

I'm not parochial about any place in the Gulf , i've worked in nearly all of them and there's just different depths of shite in each country and Saudi is up to it's neck in it .

Crap country that offers nothing except cash .
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
My quickest immigration entry stands at 2 hours my longest at 10 hours and that's with a multi entry visa !
Since you visit so frequently I guess you already know, so for the benefit of others: if your destination is Dhahran area, DON'T fly into Dammam, fly to Bahrain then cross the causeway: you can stay in the air-conditioned comfort of a car while the immigration / customs formalities are completed (you may have to step out for a short while if its your first visit on your current visa), as opposed to being abused while standing in a queue at Dammam Airport for Buddha-knows how long. The only caveat is that if you're leaving on a Wednesday you could have to queue with all the soon-to-be-pissed-up Saudis going to Bahrain for revellery, but that's a relatively small price to pay to avoid Dammam.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Causeway can be very busy. I always preferred flying into Damnmam !
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Why ? Because working in Saudi is better than being on benefits in Solihull !

Of course you also get those who go to KSA for religious reasons !!!

And some go there coz you are safe there from ex-wives pursuing you for alimony.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:06 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I completed my 2 year sentence in Saudi just over a year ago. I will never go back! And the money is not that much better in Saudi than UAE, not for my kind of work anyway.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by norsk
I completed my 2 year sentence in Saudi just over a year ago. I will never go back! And the money is not that much better in Saudi than UAE, not for my kind of work anyway.
Hallelujah. If only everybody knew that.