Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi threatens to lay seige to Qatar

Saudi threatens to lay seige to Qatar

Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:18 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi threatens to lay seige to Qatar

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I do wish PAE would not disclose soo openly their satirical nature, it ruins the fun from what would otherwise surely be far more posters showing genuine umbrage.
i dont know, i find it even more amusing when its says satire at the top of the page and the comments and others so called journos take it seriously
Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i dont know, i find it even more amusing when its says satire at the top of the page and the comments and others so called journos take it seriously
Yup..that stuff makes my day. lol
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I was soo hoping for this...

Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Imagine if they just filled the catapult with dirty mags, beer and bacon?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:21 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

According to the (always accurate ) wikipedia, Qatar has a standing army of around 12,000 people so if the Saudis really get fed up I'm pretty sure it won't come to an outright war....
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
According to the (always accurate ) wikipedia, Qatar has a standing army of around 12,000 people so if the Saudis really get fed up I'm pretty sure it won't come to an outright war....
I think 'standing' is right. They stand about, but put to the test, they might be a 'running army'.....
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:47 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I think 'standing' is right. They stand about, but put to the test, they might be a 'running army'.....
More than likely considering Saudi has 20 times that (plus millions ready to be mobilised). I wonder if FIFA would take away the World Cup if they were incorporated into the kingdom..
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely considering Saudi has 20 times that (plus millions ready to be mobilised). I wonder if FIFA would take away the World Cup if they were incorporated into the kingdom..
it would never turn to war. more of a big cheque and power-sharing arrangement that is good for about... two generations of leadership.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

As Bahrain invited the Saudis in, are we going to see Qatar 'inviting' them to quell internal difficulties?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:00 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

As Bahrain invited the Saudis in, are we going to see Qatar 'inviting' them to quell internal difficulties?
What internal difficulties do they have in Qatar?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What internal difficulties do they have in Qatar?
They seem to approve of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Saudis don't and thus internal difficulties arise...
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:08 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

They seem to approve of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Saudis don't and thus internal difficulties arise...
Okay. I get you.
When you said internal I assumed internal to the country itself...
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okay. I get you.
When you said internal I assumed internal to the country itself...
Saudi views the other GCC states, with the posible exception of Oman, in the same way the Soviet Union viewed the Warsaw Pact states - a buffer zone.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So how come the Qatari royals are warm to the Brotherhood ?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:07 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

So how come the Qatari royals are warm to the Brotherhood ?
Aren't the Qataris also hosts to the international office of the Taliban?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.