British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Saudi Princess is given asylum in the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/saudi-princess-given-asylum-uk-621156/)

Blue Cat Jul 20th 2009 12:05 pm

Saudi Princess is given asylum in the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...UK-asylum.html

the comments at the bottom of the article support her being refused Asylum and returned to Saudi so her and her baby can be killed :( what the hell has happened to people feeling compassion?

Norm_uk Jul 20th 2009 4:14 pm

Re: Saudi Princess is given asylum in the UK

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7767712)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...UK-asylum.html

the comments at the bottom of the article support her being refused Asylum and returned to Saudi so her and her baby can be killed :( what the hell has happened to people feeling compassion?

If she wants asylum why did she go all the way to the UK when there are a dozen countries between there and Saudi who she could apply to?

I think asylum should only be given if the person has gone to the nearest friendly state...so in her case she should have gone to Turkey...now she's in the UK she'll sap benefits and housing...unless they force her British lover to pay for everything (which of course they won't).

Also, she's a married woman and got knocked up by her lover...why should we help her? Doesn't she have a brain of her own to use contraception? Married women carrying other men's children is dimly viewed in most countries as it is. She knows her wonderful culture demands her stoning for that so why risk pregnancy?

Bloody disgrace - I'm so glad I haven't been a taxpayer for nearly a decade now...why would I support a system that tells the whole planet "you can come here for anything and we'll take our citizen's tax money and feed, clothe and shelter you because we are dumb...oh and stay five years and we'll give you a passport and make you equal under our law: integration optional".

N.

elfman Jul 20th 2009 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7767712)

"compassion" is not something I've come to expect from the comments section following daily wail articles

Shadya Jul 20th 2009 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7768160)
If she wants asylum why did she go all the way to the UK when there are a dozen countries between there and Saudi who she could apply to?

I think asylum should only be given if the person has gone to the nearest friendly state...so in her case she should have gone to Turkey...now she's in the UK she'll sap benefits and housing...unless they force her British lover to pay for everything (which of course they won't).

Also, she's a married woman and got knocked up by her lover...why should we help her? Doesn't she have a brain of her own to use contraception? Married women carrying other men's children is dimly viewed in most countries as it is. She knows her wonderful culture demands her stoning for that so why risk pregnancy?

Bloody disgrace - I'm so glad I haven't been a taxpayer for nearly a decade now...why would I support a system that tells the whole planet "you can come here for anything and we'll take our citizen's tax money and feed, clothe and shelter you because we are dumb...oh and stay five years and we'll give you a passport and make you equal under our law: integration optional".

N.

You utter ponce. The baby's father is British, that's why she went there for help. :curse:

sassy Jul 20th 2009 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7768160)

N.

If you had read it properly you would have seen that they havent heard from her since as she is wealthy enough not to be asking for the state support.

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7768315)
You utter ponce. The baby's father is British, that's why she went there for help. :curse:

Ponce? I fail to see how you deduced I am an "effeminate man or poser" based on my post but good on you for trying to find a word to express your disagreement of my comments :thumbup:

It's still a case of huge irresponsibility and in reality if the child's dad is a Brit the child has citizenship and will be ok. The mum should marry the father...but oh wait, she can't because she's still married to some old codger in Saudi. Classy girl! And what a classy guy daddy is - probably a right ponce :rofl:

N.

Blue Cat Jul 21st 2009 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7769796)
Ponce? I fail to see how you deduced I am an "effeminate man or poser" based on my post but good on you for trying to find a word to express your disagreement of my comments :thumbup:

It's still a case of huge irresponsibility and in reality if the child's dad is a Brit the child has citizenship and will be ok. The mum should marry the father...but oh wait, she can't because she's still married to some old codger in Saudi. Classy girl! And what a classy guy daddy is - probably a right ponce :rofl:

N.

and if he is a Christian they can't marry anyway. Irresponsible yes I agree but to lose her life for it and the baby? no.

Zico2009 Jul 21st 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7769805)
and if he is a Christian they can't marry anyway. Irresponsible yes I agree but to lose her life for it and the baby? no.

So if he's christian they cannot get married but can still f*** like blue arse flies!

Clearly he wanted to bang a princess got his way and then fooked off to England. He didnt bet on her getting knocked up and following him over. Now he's gotta explain to the missus why this rich bird is asking him for child benefit.

If he wanted to marry her they would have run off long before the baby was due, ffs they had 9 months!

Blue Cat Jul 21st 2009 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7769815)
So if he's christian they cannot get married but can still f*** like blue arse flies!

Clearly he wanted to bang a princess got his way and then fooked off to England. He didnt bet on her getting knocked up and following him over. Now he's gotta explain to the missus why this rich bird is asking him for child benefit.

If he wanted to marry her they would have run off long before the baby was due, ffs they had 9 months!

I rather got the impression they are still together ...

Norm_uk Jul 21st 2009 7:30 am

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 7768358)
If you had read it properly you would have seen that they havent heard from her since as she is wealthy enough not to be asking for the state support.

True I skim read over the article and missed that vital point so half my rant wouldn't apply to this case.

However she's still a married woman who got knocked up because she and her lover and too stupid to use contraception. I feel they probably planned this so she could stay in the UK with lover boy. It just seems a bit convienient to me.

In any case it won't be difficult for one of her relatives to pop over to the UK and kill her and the baby...which is something they do to save their "honour"...she should change her name and go into hiding - these people are often no better than animals.

N.

Inselaffen Jul 21st 2009 8:54 am

seems to be a vaild political asylum in this case. However if she had passed through another safe country she should have been deported to that country where she should apply for asylum.

Euc- Jul 21st 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7770031)
seems to be a vaild political asylum in this case. However if she had passed through another safe country she should have been deported to that country where she should apply for asylum.

While her baby is British?

Millsyisland Jul 21st 2009 9:29 am

There really are some ridiculous comments both here and at the end of the Daily Mail article.

OK yes, she was more than foolish to get in this situation, but it’s happened, so lets look at giving her a bit of help, we are supposed to be a civilized country after all.

Fact – if she wasn’t granted asylum and returned to Saudi, she, and probably her baby, would be dead either through execution or honour killing.

banter64 Jul 21st 2009 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7769805)

Depends if she wants to give up her religion.

Zico2009 Jul 21st 2009 10:47 am

Originally Posted by banter64 (Post 7770165)
Depends if she wants to give up her religion.

Technically, according to her actions she already has.....