British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Saudi (?) princess and an American army boy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/saudi-princess-american-army-boy-564935/)

Charismatic Oct 3rd 2008 8:06 am

Saudi (?) princess and an American army boy

I seem to remember reading a newspaper story about this a while ago, I think they appeared on Oprah to promote their book? Did they live happily ever after in the end? Must have been quite a lifestyle adjustment :D.

Ray Oct 3rd 2008 2:02 pm

Re: Saudi (?) princess and an American army boy

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6841126)
I seem to remember reading a newspaper story about this a while ago, I think they appeared on Oprah to promote their book? Did they live happily ever after in the end? Must have been quite a lifestyle adjustment :D.

You old romantic .....

Meriam Al Khalifa: 18-year-old Sheika Meriam Al Khalifa made international headlines in 1999 when the royal princess was whisked out of Bahrain by her boyfriend, U.S. marine Lance Cpl. Jason Johnson. She sought asylum in the U.S. on the grounds that her subsequent marriage -- to a non-Muslim -- could have her killed if she returned to Bahrain. She was granted permanent residency in 2001. "This is my home now," she told US Weekly magazine that same year. "I miss my family, but most days I am happy. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing." Meriam Al Khalifa filed for divorce in 2004 and has since reportedly returned to Bahrain where she received a royal pardon and was forgiven by her family.

Madam Medusa Oct 3rd 2008 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 6841669)
You old romantic .....

Meriam Al Khalifa: 18-year-old Sheika Meriam Al Khalifa made international headlines in 1999 when the royal princess was whisked out of Bahrain by her boyfriend, U.S. marine Lance Cpl. Jason Johnson. She sought asylum in the U.S. on the grounds that her subsequent marriage -- to a non-Muslim -- could have her killed if she returned to Bahrain. She was granted permanent residency in 2001. "This is my home now," she told US Weekly magazine that same year. "I miss my family, but most days I am happy. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing." Meriam Al Khalifa filed for divorce in 2004 and has since reportedly returned to Bahrain where she received a royal pardon and was forgiven by her family.

bloody hell...only married for 5 years, was it really worth all the grief...

MM, xx

Ray Oct 3rd 2008 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6841675)
bloody hell...only married for 5 years, was it really worth all the grief...

MM, xx

She grew a beard ....

Madam Medusa Oct 3rd 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 6841694)
She grew a beard ....

they all do...he should have known better...

MM, xx

Confucius Oct 3rd 2008 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6841126)

Should have been an American Princess and a Saudi Soldier...Mui erotico...

Charismatic Oct 3rd 2008 5:56 pm

That's the one, thanks Ray :thumbsup:.

So she's back on the market then? Might just give her father a call, anyone have his number? :p

Confucius Oct 3rd 2008 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6842209)
That's the one, thanks Ray :thumbsup:.

So she's back on the market then? Might just give her father a call, anyone have his number? :p

You don't have enough number of goats and camels and cocks...

Charismatic Oct 3rd 2008 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6842230)
You don't have enough number of goats and camels and cocks...

Fair point, anyone have his number and that of an small arms dealer?