Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Ooh baby baby it's a wide world....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHXpnZi9Hzs

Bought his album just for this song.
I had actually met that guy twice back in the early eighties in Regent Park Mosque where he used to attend study circles during Ramadan. I believe he gave up his music carrier, and I think he has been running a Muslim school since. At the beginning he was not actually a controversial type of person, he initially wanted to keep his new faith to himself but he was pushed into going public by both the zealous Muslims and also the media by spreading rumors about him.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

He was running - maybe still is - a Muslim School in central London.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 7:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Cat Stevens was born Steven Demetre Georgiou and he has performed music in recent years, and still is. Seems he is less hardline than he was as he released an album in 2009, has released singles since and I think he is behind a musical of his life that was performed in Australia last year
Old Mar 18th 2013, 5:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I had actually met that guy twice back in the early eighties in Regent Park Mosque where he used to attend study circles during Ramadan. I believe he gave up his music carrier, and I think he has been running a Muslim school since. At the beginning he was not actually a controversial type of person, he initially wanted to keep his new faith to himself but he was pushed into going public by both the zealous Muslims and also the media by spreading rumors about him.
He's still a theocratic creep who simply goes for the peaceful means of spreading the word rather than the violent means.

If he was sincere he'd would denounce the threat of punishment and/or violence for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Mollie Norris, the Danish cartoonist, Geert Wilders and the growing numbers of people who need 24 hour security for simply holding unfavourable opinions of a religion. I know of no people in hiding with 24 hour security for insulting Christianity, Judaism or many other religions.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Mar 18th 2013 at 6:00 am.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
He's still a theocratic creep who simply goes for the peaceful means of spreading the word rather than the violent means.

If he was sincere he'd would denounce the threat of punishment and/or violence for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Mollie Norris, the Danish cartoonist, Geert Wilders and the growing numbers of people who need 24 hour security for simply holding unfavourable opinions of a religion. I know of no people in hiding with 24 hour security for insulting Christianity, Judaism or many other religions.

N.
Nuthin worse than an..adult convert. Some of the most vociferous Muslim women in France demanding acceptance of the Burqa/Niqab are converts.

Oh and Glenn Beck is an adult convert, to Mormonism.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:10 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Nuthin worse than an..adult convert. Some of the most vociferous Muslim women in France demanding acceptance of the Burqa/Niqab are converts.

Oh and Glenn Beck is an adult convert, to Mormonism.
Indeed. Converts tend to be more extreme.

Glenn Beck is a weirdo isn't he? Even by US standards but he doesn't believe in punishing people for blasphemy as far as I can tell.

N.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

In any other country they would have thrown him off the plane.

If I had my way he'd be wearing in his orange jumpsuit in Gitmo by now.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seven seas

RTFA

The captain called security who then forcefully removed the objecting passenger and his son and started an investigation, according to the newspaper. The incident caused the flight to be delayed two hours.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Indeed. Converts tend to be more extreme.

Glenn Beck is a weirdo isn't he? Even by US standards but he doesn't believe in punishing people for blasphemy as far as I can tell.

N.

Would you then consider the law against anti-semitism being on par with the anti-blasphemy law? After all, anti-blasphemy law is about no ridiculing, no mockery and no insult of people or religion!

As I gather, I think you are more qualified to answer this question than others, given your knowledge of the subject and also your Old testament upbringing
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:34 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you then consider the law against anti-semitism being on par with the anti-blasphemy law? After all, anti-blasphemy law is about no ridiculing, no mockery and no insult of people or religion!

As I gather, I think you are more qualified to answer this question than others, given your knowledge of the subject and also your Old testament upbringing
You are unbelievably stupid and your arguments are ludicrous.

I cannot remember anyone wanting to murder Mel Gibson or John Galliano for their views..................
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:17 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

' Gitmo '

I like that . Not heard that before.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

Why don't religions get charged with blasphemy for blasphemying other faiths, since supremacism is an intergral part of many religions.

You see Blashphemy laws are blatantly hypocritical, because they protect the big influential religions that denigrate others.