British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Saudi again - you couldn't make this up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/saudi-again-you-couldnt-make-up-790478/)

Meow Mar 14th 2013 9:11 am

Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...e#.UUGG0ByLCSo

" A Saudi Arabia Airlines flight from Jeddah to the eastern city of Dammam was delayed over a passenger's demand that a stewardess be removed from the aircraft because she wasn't accompanied by a male guardian, Okaz newspaper reported.

Flight 1108 was delayed when a stewardess began to read out and demonstrate flight safety procedures was interrupted by a passenger who asked her "why are you on the plane without a guardian?" the newspaper reported.

The passenger then proceeded to demand the plane not take off until all women unaccompanied by male guardians be removed from the aircraft.
"

See article for more

Boomhauer Mar 14th 2013 9:21 am

Re: Saudi again - you couldn't make this up

I like the reply that lays bare the hyporcrisy of Saudi demanding that housemaids only be released from the airport after their employer comes for them. Seeing as how the employer is almost always male, this contradicts their own laws on unaccompanied females. The other mention of hypocrisy is Saudi women making their housemaid sit in front next to the driver.

Beaverstate Mar 14th 2013 9:25 am

It baffles the mind. I think I can more easily understand dolphins than Arabs.

Dorothy Mar 14th 2013 9:37 am

Love the guy who commented that Cate Stevenson (Yusef Islam) couldn't land in the US for some flimsy reason. :lol:

Boomhauer Mar 14th 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 10603028)
Love the guy who commented that Cate Stevenson (Yusef Islam) couldn't land in the US for some flimsy reason. :lol:

Theres always some disengenous apologist sh$t who tries to draw moral equivalency where there is none.

Blue Cat Mar 14th 2013 9:48 am

Articles like this no long surprise me :(

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 14th 2013 10:51 am

Idiots.

britexpat76 Mar 14th 2013 11:04 am

I don't think there is a word invented that is strong enough to describe my dislike for Saudi Arabia.

Bahtatboy Mar 14th 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 10603028)

He's had a sex change as well? Wouldn't have thought that went down very well... And changed his former surname. Must be one mixed up guy/gal.

mikelincs Mar 14th 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10603276)
He's had a sex change as well? Wouldn't have thought that went down very well... And changed his former surname. Must be one mixed up guy/gal.

I did wonder that myself always thought HE was CAT STEVENS originally, al least he was on my records.. :rofl::rofl:

kittycat1 Mar 14th 2013 1:57 pm

Last month, the monarch appointed 30 women to the 150-member Shoura Council which was previously an all male body that advises the government on legislation.
I wonder how this works as the women can't talk to the men or even be in the same room? Notes under the door perhaps?

Boomhauer Mar 14th 2013 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 10603284)
I did wonder that myself always thought HE was CAT STEVENS originally, al least he was on my records.. :rofl::rofl:

Ooh baby baby it's a wide world....

Bought his album just for this song.

scot47 Mar 14th 2013 5:56 pm

Cat Stevens in his new-found rolw of Yusuf islam sees himself as a missionary for The One Tru Faith. Maybe hwe will convince Britexpat76 ?

nonthaburi Mar 14th 2013 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10603476)
I wonder how this works as the women can't talk to the men or even be in the same room? Notes under the door perhaps?

Apparently there was talk of using a videolink from the next room. With Skype etc feasible enough.

flares Mar 14th 2013 7:11 pm

but if you read the article the loon got forcibly removed...not the stewardess.

I don't mean to defend the place but it is only a v v small minority of nutjobs.