Saudi again

Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:07 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi again

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Armed robbery will get you capital punishment in many countries - check it out !

and as i said before "errrr yes - you know the rules of the land. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. "
So now you are being ambiguous, 'Many' countries. Robbery will not get your head chopped off in any country except Saudi. It is a corrupt, hellish shit hole of the highest order. Read the story - underage, No lawyer and no chance as they were from the deprived south. It is indefensible.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Why ?

Everyone knows the law of the land. If you do the crime you have to pay the price.
Aren't you assuming that the chaps are guilty; claims have been made that they were tortured into signing a confession.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

No system is perfect.

There are miscarriages in every court (and i'm sure every prisoner says they were hard done by!).

The point still comes down to: Everyone knows the law of the land - and pleading ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Its simple mechanics.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
So now you are being ambiguous, 'Many' countries.
What part of the sentence "Armed robbery will get you capital punishment in many countries" do you find ambiguous. " - check it out !" assumes you will research facts rather than throw out comments like "What a barbaric, wretched country.".
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:08 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

What part of the sentence "Armed robbery will get you capital punishment in many countries" do you find ambiguous. " - check it out !" assumes you will research facts rather than throw out comments like "What a barbaric, wretched country.".
'Many countries' is ambiguous. Some of the perpetrators were allegedly underage and the confessions beaten out of them. How is that justice? Any beheading is barbaric, can you not see that. I suggest you research a little to see where you can be be headed for robbery as you keep conveniently avoiding that question.

And no system is perfect is bollocks when someone's life depends on the 'system'
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

No system is perfect.

There are miscarriages in every court (and i'm sure every prisoner says they were hard done by!).

The point still comes down to: Everyone knows the law of the land - and pleading ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Its simple mechanics.
No one is asking for perfection, an unattanable endeavor. What people though are looking for is some modicum of justice and respect for civil liberties.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corporal punishment is the sentence that a society subscribes to as part of its community. If you dont like it sentence dont do the crime.

The youth whether he was armed or not seems to be the area of contention (search the guardian paper of 7th of March). The punishment is the same for each crime (i.e. beheading or crux.)

He was given an extra week for further investigation by the King.

Decapitation is available as corporal punishment in Iran, Qatar, Yeman and KSA, and i believe UAE.

"Any beheading is barbaric, can you not see that." - So seeing someone sizzling on a wooden chair, or being hung is sensible and logical ? Or is it that you do not approve of the Saudi having its own rules and laws ?

You still cannot see that if the law of the land is corporal punishment dont do the crime !

I approve of corporal punishment - i would rather have a beheading than be KFC on an electric chair and pray to God that the sword has been sharpened!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:26 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Corporal punishment is the sentence that a society subscribes to as part of its community. If you dont like it sentence dont do the crime.

The youth whether he was armed or not seems to be the area of contention (search the guardian paper of 7th of March). The punishment is the same for each crime (i.e. beheading or crux.)

Decapitation is available as corporal punishment in Iran, Qatar, Yeman and KSA, and i believe UAE.

"Any beheading is barbaric, can you not see that." - So seeing someone sizzling on a wooden chair, or being hung is sensible and logical ? Or is it that you do not approve of the Saudi having its own rules and laws ?

You still cannot see that if the law of the land is corporal punishment dont do the crime !

I approve of corporal punishment - i would rather have a beheading than be KFC on an electric chair and pray to God that the sword has been sharpened!
Firing squad mate, at least you know you'll be dead.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Corporal or capital ? Or both ?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

I also approve on corporal punishment if someone is convicted by a jury of his peers and the conviction is beyond reasonable doubt. I do not agree with any sharia court using questionable conviction methods and policing. It stinks.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

The problem isn't the punishment as it is well known that certain things carry a death penalty under sharia law. However the law is not applied evenly and the same crime could result in wildly different judgments (by the same judge) depending on his mood and the attitude of the defendant.

It is for example fairly well known that denying you did something wrong will get you punished harder under sharia law. If you did something wrong, admit it and beg forgiveness...Also it has been claimed that if you are able to explain yourself in a logical manner (in English or Arabic) this counts in your favour...

Oh yeah and then there is the 'torturing' and forced confessions we hear about all the time. Impossible to know if the rumours are true, but if they are you could get picked up for a crime that was nothing to do with you and get your head chopped off three days later...
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: KSA is actually further behind the times than 1432AD

Originally Posted by Theseus
Yep - barbaric
In fact hanging is the worst method of execution. The body does not die immediately, the cause of death can be either suffocation or a painful breakage of the neck. It really is awful to die like that. Saddam Husain requested that his execution be done by shooting but the court refused him this request because they wanted him to die in agony.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:53 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by redShark
In fact hanging is the worst method of execution. The body does not die immediately, the cause of death can be either suffocation or a painful breakage of the neck. It really is awful to die like that. Saddam Husain requested that his execution be done by shooting but the court refused him this request because they wanted him to die in agony.
That twat should of been hung by his testicles. I watched the video and with a long rope death is instantaneous. I suggest you google it, it's out there and you are talking shit if he died in agony.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Having been in Kuwait when the Iraqis invaded in1990, I am sure that hanging Saddam was a far better result for him than, say, handing him over to the Kuwaitis for a spot of retribution...