Sandpit FP's..

Old Apr 8th 2015, 6:07 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sandpit FP's..

Now, every location based forum will have a natural ebb and flow of posters, especially a place like the Middle East. Its hardly a retirement location, so the expat population is employment driven, to a great degree.

Some area's of the ME have slightly higher turnover (Dubai at the top, I would suggest) and some lower.

As a result, it is no surprise to see some names missing from the forum.

Lets call them FP's - Former Posters...

People move away, as I did, and either move to different parts of BE or find a different forum to utilise.

What IS a surprise is that there are names missing from the forum who I know, for a fact, have not moved away.

Does this indicate that people 'grow out' of this medium?

Does it indicate that they now know everything there is to know and have made a point of turning their backs on the very medium that assisted them, foregoing friendships built up over that time?

There is a 3rd option, but am loathe to write it, for fear that my rabble-rouser sobriquet leads to an unleashing of claims of ad hominem, genetic fallacy posts which are usually 'tu quoqe', si verum dicendum est..!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 6:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandpit FP's..

A mix I think.

Some got fed up with the venom regularly spewed around here. Heavens knows I am not advocating warm and fluffy for this place but some could reign it in a bit from time to time. Even I took a break at a while ago for that reason.

Some have other things going on in their lives and are busy.

We could improve the board if more people made the effort to start threads rather than just post negatively on everything. It isn't exactly friendly-looking to new posters and while I am as guilty as anyone of taking the piss we could pretend to be a little more welcoming.

EDIT. I was even kind enough not to point out the extraneous apostrophe.

Oh...

Last edited by Meow; Apr 8th 2015 at 6:55 am.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Since I am in AbDab now, not Dubai like last time, can i ask a question?

Is Barasti busy?

Its usually a good barometer of the chav-factor in Dubai at any given time...
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

You're right, this place needs more pompous condescension
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

agree its a bit of both. I don't check whats happening on here much since I came back
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
A mix I think.

Some got fed up with the venom regularly spewed around here. Heavens knows I am not advocating warm and fluffy for this place but some could reign it in a bit from time to time. Even I took a break at a while ago for that reason.

We could improve the board if more people made the effort to start threads rather than just post negatively on everything. It isn't exactly friendly-looking to new posters and while I am as guilty as anyone of taking the piss we could pretend to be a little more welcoming.

Oh...
I remember that. It got very nasty on here for a while.

There's less people posting about moving out here I think, even fewer sticking around. I still feel new to it all but also still like to try and help where I can.

It's got a bit dull recently, so even though the thread about Sturgeon is pretty petty, it's at least more interesting than this place has been in a long time.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:57 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Whilst I am sorely tempted to view the post, Cypselos, first impressions are usually spot on...

Therefore, in Room 101 thou shalt remain....
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Scamp
I remember that. It got very nasty on here for a while.

There's less people posting about moving out here I think, even fewer sticking around. I still feel new to it all but also still like to try and help where I can.

It's got a bit dull recently, so even though the thread about Sturgeon is pretty petty, it's at least more interesting than this place has been in a long time.
I try, Scamp..

I try...

Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

A mix I think.

Oh...
I believe I know what you mean...

For a while, I thought it was the usual 'craic' I was receiving...

Then I realised that it really didnt qualify as craic, just a few keyboard warriors who I have finally tired of baiting..
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

By putting anyone who questions you or points out your bullshit on ignore? Very trying.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:08 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be honest here...that Sturgeon post is the real reason I changed my mind about coming to the ME...
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:10 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I'll be honest here...that Sturgeon post is the real reason I changed my mind about coming to the ME...
It is a heartbreaker, innit..!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Slightly OT, but since its my topic, I guess I'm allowed...

Just happened to click on My Profile instead of Discussion Forum...

Thank you all for the karma received for the Sturgeon thread...!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Since I am in AbDab now, not Dubai like last time, can i ask a question?

Is Barasti busy?

Its usually a good barometer of the chav-factor in Dubai at any given time...

Do many of our bored members go there?
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Do many of our bored members go there?
Historically, I would have said a small minority..

But based on my recent experience, I would suggest some are propping the bar up..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.