Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Not half as tired as everything post-Morning Glory (or even some of that)...

Actually I enjoy a bit of Oasis but they are about 1% as good as NG seems to think they are.
I love Oasis.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I love Oasis.
You'd like Riyadh, then....
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'll pay 250 to watch you put a campfire out with your face.

Ha ha ha

250 tho..... Maybe need a bit more than that!

Stopping a lawnmower with my arse is cheaper tho!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

i have waited about 10 years for decent bands in dubai. we got the stone roses and now noel gallagher within a month of each other. i really have struggle to see a band i liked before that. (snow patrol possibly)

gutted i am offshore working when noel and ashcroft are here. seen oasis 6 times and although the pair of them are tossers, i love the music.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
i have waited about 10 years for decent bands in dubai. we got the stone roses and now noel gallagher within a month of each other. i really have struggle to see a band i liked before that. (snow patrol possibly)

gutted i am offshore working when noel and ashcroft are here. seen oasis 6 times and although the pair of them are tossers, i love the music.
I've got my best mate moving here to work for me. He lands on the 15th in the evening.

Tempted to make him find his own way to accomm but that would be pretty brutal I think.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's not called Sandance though - he asked fro it to be changed so now it's called 'Live at Atlantis'. Weirdo.
No it's just him live, Sandance is a lot more dance orientated.

Also like the Roses gig they were going to charge 500 to get down the front and 250 for normal tickets, but he said no way to that. Good man.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Don't think that's true though. It's not a 'Sandance' as there is no 'dance' element, and rather than being a mini-festival style line-up, there's the more traditional support plus headliner (who'll play a full 90min set). They are apparently looking to have a series of ‘Line at Atlantis’ concerts in addition to Sandance’s.

Tickets bought, looking forward to it. Love him or loathe him he has written a lot of good sing-a-long numbers.
He's brilliant, as was Oasis, and his solo album is pretty good - he is a genius and I can;'t wait to see him it'll be a cracking night.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:06 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
He's brilliant, as was Oasis, and his solo album is pretty good - he is a genius and I can;'t wait to see him it'll be a cracking night.
See you on the beach.....;-))
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:41 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Also like the Roses gig they were going to charge 500 to get down the front and 250 for normal tickets, but he said no way to that. Good man.
It was supposed to be under the Sandance label - and they have pissed off a big sponsor by changing it.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

tell me about it. I bought the 500DHS tickets thinking it got you more than just down the front. (got vip for glasgow and although thats around 1200 dhs, you ahve access to bars, some goodies, a few free drinks/food and, in general, you wont have to wait 4 hours for a drink like heaton park.)

I ahve now paid another 500 dhs for the mad pad. the mad pad is at the aback of the normal tickets on a raised platform so basically, my tickets which were for down the front were a waste of money. I will see how the mad pad looks when i get in and if its crap, will head closer to the front.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Maybe time to bring this back.. Really looking forward to this at the weekend.

Not been to gig at Sandance before, and I see that they are running buses to some areas after gig. Is this normal? Do they run pretty quickly after gig if so?

Hopefully there will be more beer stalls than at the Stone Roses!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
Not been to gig at Sandance before, and I see that they are running buses to some areas after gig. Is this normal? Do they run pretty quickly after gig if so?
Good question, I hadn't thought about transport, I doubt taxis will be in abundance either. Is there a link to what routes the buses will be taking so I can try and make a plan? Is the metro open that time of night, I guess not?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Not sure, i spotted it on twitter. Certainly buses to marina/ jbr and mall of emirates were 2 i remembered
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
Not sure, i spotted it on twitter. Certainly buses to marina/ jbr and mall of emirates were 2 i remembered
From the Twitter feed:

SANDANCE ‏@SandanceDubai
We'll be running a FREE bus service from @NoelGallagher @Atlantis to JBR/Marina, TECOM/Greens & MOE Metro Station. #seeyouonthesand
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME!

Richard Ashcroft was outstanding, best I've seen him by far. Noel- fantastic apart form all the fights breaking out, I was right down the front and got caught up in 4 fights close by one which resulted ina ciggie being stubbed into my back. Such a shame these guys can't handle their booze.

Other than that it was the bollocks!

Discovered I am too old for Zane Lowe- no idea how to dance to that shite without substances being taken, big fish little fish doesn't cut it these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.