Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

for the sake of the children...

for the sake of the children...

Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the sake of the children...

Originally Posted by jmh
Couldn't agree more. Many parents sacrifice a lot to keep the family together but is can be a desperately miserable existence for some.
We as parents are always expected to sacrifice for our children...
If everyone will pursue personal happiness, then we will have millions of violent and psychotic children/teens/adults roaming around carrying that stigma around...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Couldn't agree more. Many parents sacrifice a lot to keep the family together but is can be a desperately miserable existence for some.
yeah, and i don't understand how they (the parents) can do it, it must be hell...and then surely the kids pick up on it...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
If everyone will pursue personal happiness, then we will have millions of violent and psychotic children/teens/adults roaming around carrying that stigma around...
but most people do pursue personal happiness, whatever they say...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but most people do pursue personal happiness, whatever they say...

MM, xx
That's what I mean by half-measure approach...Keep everyone happy till they're 18-20, then go separate ways...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:08 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

My parents divorced and I can assure you that I am not
violent and psychotic children/teens/adults roaming around carrying that stigma around.
Hey I have three female friends staying in loveless marriages for the sake of the children. I don't know if they are doing the right thing. MM, people hold strong moral values on these issues. You have to decide for yourself what you believe the right thing to do is. Staying put will probably effect your children. So will leaving. It is hard. All you can do is be honest with yourself and ensure your motives are genuine.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmh

Hey I have three female friends staying in loveless marriages for the sake of the children. I don't know if they are doing the right thing. MM, people hold strong moral values on these issues. You have to decide for yourself what you believe the right thing to do is. Staying put will probably effect your children. So will leaving. It is hard. All you can do is be honest with yourself and ensure your motives are genuine.
There you go then...There is no right or wrong answer...

And we hope MM will take the right decision in her life...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmh

oh i'm not asking this question for me, lol...i've just been watching a tv series which made me think about it, and i have a girlfriend here who has 2 kids and hasn't had sex with her hubbie for about 5 years...but he adores her and gives her anything and everything she could ever want -she can't bear him, but has stayed for the kids...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And we hope MM will take the right decision in her life...
have done so far...mostly...let's hope this isn't a decision i will ever have to face though...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:14 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

oh i'm not asking this question for me, lol...i've just been watching a tv series which made me think about it, and i have a girlfriend here who has 2 kids and hasn't had sex with her hubbie for about 5 years...but he adores her and gives her anything and everything she could ever want -she can't bear him, but has stayed for the kids...

MM, xx
mmmm, tell us about your friend. she sounds much more interesting than anything I have seen on tv lately
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx
There is no such tv series and I think that you are your girlfriend...Hah!!!
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmh
mmmm, tell us about your friend. she sounds much more interesting than anything I have seen on tv lately
watch mistresses, it's compulsive viewing...

MM, xx
Lost in BE Cyberspace

have done so far...mostly...let's hope this isn't a decision i will ever have to face though...

MM, xx
Me too...Wouldn't want that to happen to people I love and care about...
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There is no such tv series and I think that you are your girlfriend...Hah!!!
bloody hell sherlock, you've got me sussed...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bloody hell sherlock, you've got me sussed...

MM, xx
Yes of course...The butler did it...
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes of course...The butler did it...
nah...it was miss scarlett, you fool...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.