British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   S, who is in twitter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/s-who-twitter-745009/)

maudawia Jan 15th 2012 6:12 am

S, who is in twitter

tewitter connetcts people and u can write 140 ls only spreading what ever in ur feel or think

Dumbo Jan 15th 2012 8:28 am

Re: S, who is in twitter

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9842786)
tewitter connetcts people and u can write 140 ls only spreading what ever in ur feel or think

Bravo, an excellent point well made, I think you probably suit "tewitter" down to the ground.

maudawia Jan 15th 2012 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 9842914)
Bravo, an excellent point well made, I think you probably suit "tewitter" down to the ground.

thanks but as u know.. Twitter m my space and facebook are a relatively new free social networks that allow family, friends, and co-workers stay connected via mobile texting, instant messages, or on the web.
but twitter hasn't chat link

commander Jan 15th 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9842954)
thanks but as u know.. Twitter m my space and facebook are a relatively new free social networks that allow family, friends, and co-workers stay connected via mobile texting, instant messages, or on the web.

Wow,thanks for the groundbreaking insight.

Commander (circa 2006)

Ronnie Biggs Jan 15th 2012 9:51 am

Yes but have you tried the Commodore 64? It blew my mind when I first played "Chuckie Egg."

maudawia Jan 15th 2012 9:55 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9842983)
Wow,thanks for the groundbreaking insight.

Commander (circa 2006)

Thanks and praise, but whichof these sites are the most effective?

maudawia Jan 15th 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9843027)
Yes but have you tried the Commodore 64? It blew my mind when I first played "Chuckie Egg."

chuckie Egg it is an old computer game 1983;)

Millsyisland Jan 15th 2012 10:13 am

Ah yes, but the ZX Spectrum +2 has a built-in tape recorder.

maudawia Jan 15th 2012 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9843053)

am agree with ur view

lullabelle Jan 15th 2012 10:51 am

You've just arrived here from the planet Nonerdsformiles, haven't you?

Boomhauer Jan 15th 2012 1:46 pm

Does anyone else feel that Facebook has or is in the process of jumping the shark?

I ask because I have noticed FB pages being created to sell goods much like a classifieds, multiple pages for a particular celeb/minor star, all manner of corporations creating pages to advertise their products/services. The whole thing just seems soo far removed from a cosy simple venue for people to keep in touch.

Hello.Kitty Jan 15th 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9843053)

tapes are definitely the new BluRay...

OleJanx Jan 15th 2012 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 9843284)
tapes are definitely the new BluRay...

Damn! Anyone want to buy some 8-track cartridges? Little use...

giddyup Jan 15th 2012 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9843258)
Does anyone else feel that Facebook has or is in the process of jumping the shark?

I ask because I have noticed FB pages being created to sell goods much like a classifieds, multiple pages for a particular celeb/minor star, all manner of corporations creating pages to advertise their products/services. The whole thing just seems soo far removed from a cosy simple venue for people to keep in touch.

I am so over FB, Google etc with all the sponsored banners, adwords and shite... it would be great to just have a non-commercial search engine...sigh

hnd Jan 15th 2012 7:56 pm

What exactly are Facetw@t and and Twitbook?

shiva Jan 16th 2012 2:42 am

Originally Posted by giddyup (Post 9843428)
I am so over FB, Google etc with all the sponsored banners, adwords and shite... it would be great to just have a non-commercial search engine...sigh

There is a reason non commercial search engines have pretty much died......they were all shite couldn't pay for decent engineers or server farms and pretty much only identified sites you weren't looking for

kittycat1 Jan 16th 2012 4:02 am

I used to love chuckie egg and space invaders-probably the last time I played a computer game- does Donkey Kong count- they sell for a fair few bob these days.

I say bring back vinyl and record players :D and post- can't be doing with this new fangled email milarky. Gone are the day when people had nice penmenship...

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 4:15 am

good morning all , have great day full of spirits ,
It is not uncommon to hear someone boast about how many followers she has on Twitter. This suggests a high number of impersonal relationships; people who will follow you not because they know you very well, but because they are hoping for "following reciprocation." There are too many people who mistake the following of another person's life as having an actual relationship with that person, according to Lev Grossman of "Time" magazine. The reality is, while you may know what someone likes for dessert, how many times she walks her dog and the color of her pajamas, you really are not connecting with her.

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 4:17 am

Twitter and other social networking tools can possibly numb a person's level of compassion.

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 4:19 am

As a subscriber with followers, you may not realize exactly who is following you, whether it is an ex-boyfriend, a stalker or sex offender.

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 4:21 am

In addition to social predators, there are career and financial interests watching your every move. If you pose the wrong image online, you may be passed up for a promotion, considered undesirable for hire or, even, denied disability benefits for having too much fun

Sandboy Jan 16th 2012 4:54 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844494)
In addition to social predators, there are career and financial interests watching your every move. If you pose the wrong image online, you may be passed up for a promotion, considered undesirable for hire or, even, denied disability benefits for having too much fun

too right mate, the internet is full of bucknuts, tread carefully there

Dumbo Jan 16th 2012 6:17 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844493)
As a subscriber with followers, you may not realize exactly who is following you, whether it is an ex-boyfriend, a stalker or sex offender.

I like you Maudawia, you bring some balance to this board.

Unlike me who is just a parasite.

Ronnie Biggs Jan 16th 2012 6:45 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844494)

Interesting comments. They'll always hit you and hurt you (defend and attack) but at the end of the day, there's only one way to beat them - get round the back.

You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time.

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9844522)
too right mate, the internet is full of bucknuts, tread carefully there

yeah we shpuld be care :thumbsup:

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9844628)
Interesting comments. They'll always hit you and hurt you (defend and attack) but at the end of the day, there's only one way to beat them - get round the back.

am agree with you

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 9844594)
I like you Maudawia, you bring some balance to this board.

Unlike me who is just a parasite.

thanks dear me u and other can make the board more attractive and usefull:D

Seagull_smash Jan 16th 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9844628)

Now catch me if you can, cos I'm a England Man and what your looking at is the Masterplan........

Seagull_smash Jan 16th 2012 6:59 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844642)
am agree with you

I actually just spat my cereal out.........

Amazing.

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 7:12 am

can't deny the advanges of twitter too .. am not looking to empty space of the cup !
twitter is is Easy to Join & use.
Twitter is a Democracy.
Twitter Can Be Anonymous.
Twitter Can Be Automated.
Twitter Offers Free Widgets and Apps.
Note : am not working for this company but it is a view it may be right or false hhhhh

Dumbo Jan 16th 2012 8:23 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844657)
Note : am not working for this company but it is a view it may be right or false hhhhh

http://www.elvisinvegas.net/graphics/greg45.jpg

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2012 8:41 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844488)
It is not uncommon to hear someone boast about how many followers she has on Twitter. This suggests a high number of impersonal relationships; people who will follow you not because they know you very well, but because they are hoping for "following reciprocation." There are too many people who mistake the following of another person's life as having an actual relationship with that person, according to Lev Grossman of "Time" magazine. The reality is, while you may know what someone likes for dessert, how many times she walks her dog and the color of her pajamas, you really are not connecting with her.

you are a tad wrong there, if someone follows you they see your timeline but you don't see theirs, it is up to you whether you choose to follow back and view their timeline.

http://www.geordiearmani.com/lifesty...ide-to-twitter

this might help you understand twitter a bit better :)

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9844815)
you are a tad wrong there, if someone follows you they see your timeline but you don't see theirs, it is up to you whether you choose to follow back and view their timeline.

http://www.geordiearmani.com/lifesty...ide-to-twitter

this might help you understand twitter a bit better :)

What a wonderful general advice !.. thank you for Dedicative your site, it has spent on the subject of consideration by Twitter and become a prisoner of interesting narrative style in the description and self-expression . I appreciate your point of view

littlejimmy Jan 16th 2012 10:09 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844488)

Yes, I think we're all full of spirits...

maudawia Jan 16th 2012 10:20 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9844975)
Yes, I think we're all full of spirits...

cose ur location is In between a wok and a hard plaice:frown:

OleJanx Jan 16th 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9844983)
cose ur location is In between a wok and a hard plaice:frown:

Perhaps the fish wouldn't be hard if it was actually in the wok...

shiva Jan 16th 2012 11:06 am

What the f u c k are you talking about and why the **** are you posting it here?

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2012 11:12 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9845045)
What the f u c k are you talking about and why the **** are you posting it here?

:thumbsup:

kittycat1 Jan 16th 2012 11:49 am

cose ur location is In between a wok and a hard plaice
seriously?

made me laugh anyway

littlejimmy Jan 16th 2012 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9845109)
seriously?

made me laugh anyway

Why was he/she angry about it?