British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ryder Cup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ryder-cup-562467/)

BangleMan Sep 22nd 2008 4:32 am

Re: Ryder Cup

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife (Post 6807319)
All the crowd wasn't from just the US.. perhaps you weren't watching that closely. I know too well about the game of Golf, the sportsmanship and ethics. I have raised a very fine young son who is a Golf Major and in the PGM program so don't speak for all of them. Your replies to me clearly indicate exactly the rudeness that is expected though. Afterall, you have a reputation for it. If the US has no respect for the game, why is it we have more here than in any other country and we have the best golfers and reputations around ? Relax and you will feel much better later :)

Errr......could it have anything to do with the fact that you have the largest population of any golf playing country ??????

Nothing wrong with cheering your team on.....but to hear every time an American struck a ball, the shouts of "geeet in the holeee", "whoooooh", or some other gormless shout was tiresome to say the least.

arbroath_abroad Sep 22nd 2008 4:33 am

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife (Post 6807319)
All the crowd wasn't from just the US.. perhaps you weren't watching that closely. I know too well about the game of Golf, the sportsmanship and ethics. I have raised a very fine young son who is a Golf Major and in the PGM program so don't speak for all of them. Your replies to me clearly indicate exactly the rudeness that is expected though. Afterall, you have a reputation for it. If the US has no respect for the game, why is it we have more here than in any other country and we have the best golfers and reputations around ? Relax and you will feel much better later :)

So who was doing the whooping and hollering then?

you have the best golfers? maybe, given the population of the US. Reputations? dont make me laugh.

As for my reputation, you dont know me, so dont make assumptions please and why is my rudeness expected? it is just my opinion of your country in general. I never once said anything personal to you. So please elaborate on my general expected rudness?

I also am very well aware of the etiquete of golf, and have been in various high level golfing circles in my time also.

I am totally relaxed espcially as its another 2 years before i need to watch a hollering, whooping fat yank

Jeeper Sep 22nd 2008 6:46 am

I vote Boo Weekley gets to be captain soon as I'd love to hear his speech. Listening to him talk is frickin hilarious.

Watching him though is sickening.:mad:

TGFKASE Sep 22nd 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6807360)
So who was doing the whooping and hollering then?

you have the best golfers? maybe, given the population of the US. Reputations? dont make me laugh.

As for my reputation, you dont know me, so dont make assumptions please and why is my rudeness expected? it is just my opinion of your country in general. I never once said anything personal to you. So please elaborate on my general expected rudness?

I also am very well aware of the etiquete of golf, and have been in various high level golfing circles in my time also.

I am totally relaxed espcially as its another 2 years before i need to watch a hollering, whooping fat yank

Unfortunately, I only have 2 weeks till I have to watch and listen to a fat, whooping Yank, as an ex-boss of mine is heading over to see 'lil ole Doobye'......:thumbdown:

arbroath_abroad Sep 22nd 2008 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 6807496)
Unfortunately, I only have 2 weeks till I have to watch and listen to a fat, whooping Yank, as an ex-boss of mine is heading over to see 'lil ole Doobye'......:thumbdown:

well as he is an ex-boss then conveniently switch your phone to 'ignore'

TGFKASE Sep 22nd 2008 8:40 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6807681)
well as he is an ex-boss then conveniently switch your phone to 'ignore'

Im going even further than that.. Im pissing of to Kuwait City for a few days!!!!!

arbroath_abroad Sep 22nd 2008 8:45 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 6807719)
Im going even further than that.. Im pissing of to Kuwait City for a few days!!!!!

not far enough, you will still here his hollering and whooping...

i bet he wears jeans, white socks and tacky white trainers?

standard US fashion.

Truly retarded...

lobby lou Sep 22nd 2008 10:14 am

was good to see they could win with out woods !!!!!!
if like rugby they had motm .....poulter defo
totally agree with the ignorant yanks yellin.......my god what a bunch of fish wives......
IMHO their benaviour was more fittin to the fat idiots who prance and shout in knickers ....commanly known as WWE!!!!!!!!>>>>but then they have some real idiots runnin te country >>>>what hope do they have LOL:rofl:

Blue Cat Sep 22nd 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 6807491)
I vote Boo Weekley gets to be captain soon as I'd love to hear his speech. Listening to him talk is frickin hilarious.

Watching him though is sickening.:mad:

the Booing was doing my head in :thumbdown:

The Dean Sep 22nd 2008 11:30 am

Any hopes of a putative comeback disappeared down the toilet when Furyk/Jimenez came to the short 14th. Furyk was 3 up after 13.

Europe had been clawing their way back into contention and were ahead in 3 of the last 4 matches, and hopes were raised when Furyk hit his tee shot way to the right onto a dirt road behind some spectators. Jimenez then went pin-hi with a shortish putt for a birdie 2, and a valuable match point.

And what happened?

Furyk recovered brilliantly, Jimenez (who I thought looked out of sorts all weekend) missed his putt, and Furyk escaped with a half.

At that point it was 'Goodnight, Mavis'.

sassypilotswife Sep 23rd 2008 11:28 am

[QUOTE=arbroath_abroad;6807360]So who was doing the whooping and hollering then?I also am very well aware of the etiquete of golf, and have been in various high level golfing circles in my time also.

Caddy jobs don't count :)

arbroath_abroad Sep 23rd 2008 11:37 am

[QUOTE=sassypilotswife;6811319]

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6807360)
So who was doing the whooping and hollering then?I also am very well aware of the etiquete of golf, and have been in various high level golfing circles in my time also.

Caddy jobs don't count :)

i was holding the 'Quiet please' sign at the 135th annual Phantasm world matchplay:D

sassypilotswife Sep 23rd 2008 11:45 am

Thats better than me.. Only thing i held at Southwind last year was John Daly's drink while trying to clean his face up after we responded to his house on the domestic call the night before. I will agree he is definitely the worst embarrassment to the game but he did give my son a very nice set of his golf clubs while my son did his internship there last year.

arbroath_abroad Sep 23rd 2008 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife (Post 6811376)
Thats better than me.. Only thing i held at Southwind last year was John Daly's drink while trying to clean his face up after we responded to his house on the domestic call the night before. I will agree he is definitely the worst embarrassment to the game but he did give my son a very nice set of his golf clubs while my son did his internship there last year.

I cant keep up, all i have done is kissed Fanny

username 34 Sep 23rd 2008 12:18 pm

The US team finally got it together and played with passion and unity .... the inclusion of the new players into the team added that passion for sure. Our old guard were hopeless - Garcia should be forgotten for next time - and Harrington has never done anything in the cup - the man has no fire.

BUT - this is where the yanks go wrong ..... theres passion, and theres balls out crassness, which is what it ended up being. Why the hell cant they support their team and enjoy a sport in a way the rest of the world does when their team is playing , why do they turn into woooping idiots? Style to the Yanks is gold plated taps, wall to wall marble, gold leaf ceilings, tinted windows and 22" rims on a Rolls Royce ...... there may be money and wealth, but not a CLUE about style and culture.

as for being the worlds superpower and leader ..... they couldnt beat a bunch of lads in tunnels under paddy fields 40 years ago and they're not getting too far either with the rag heads in the middle east.

Get rid of the ego USA, you make yourself look stupid, the rest of the world laughs at you - not with you. That why more than 80% have never left the US ..... god forbid they actually see there is more on the planet.

and enjoy the cup ...... it'll be back over the pond in 2 years time.

oh - and I'm a PGA Golf Professional, ex tour player, now a Director of Golf ..... I hold the highest qualifications on this subject therefore what I say goes :p