Ryder Cup

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:21 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryder Cup

Originally Posted by islandmom
The US team finally got it together and played with passion and unity .... the inclusion of the new players into the team added that passion for sure. Our old guard were hopeless - Garcia should be forgotten for next time - and Harrington has never done anything in the cup - the man has no fire.

BUT - this is where the yanks go wrong ..... theres passion, and theres balls out crassness, which is what it ended up being. Why the hell cant they support their team and enjoy a sport in a way the rest of the world does when their team is playing , why do they turn into woooping idiots? Style to the Yanks is gold plated taps, wall to wall marble, gold leaf ceilings, tinted windows and 22" rims on a Rolls Royce ...... there may be money and wealth, but not a CLUE about style and culture.

as for being the worlds superpower and leader ..... they couldnt beat a bunch of lads in tunnels under paddy fields 40 years ago and they're not getting too far either with the rag heads in the middle east.

Get rid of the ego USA, you make yourself look stupid, the rest of the world laughs at you - not with you. That why more than 80% have never left the US ..... god forbid they actually see there is more on the planet.

and enjoy the cup ...... it'll be back over the pond in 2 years time.

oh - and I'm a PGA Golf Professional, ex tour player, now a Director of Golf ..... I hold the highest qualifications on this subject therefore what I say goes
were you not supposed to have a stopover in Dubai at some point...did that ever happen...
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

oh - and I'm a PGA Golf Professional, ex tour player, now a Director of Golf ..... I hold the highest qualifications on this subject therefore what I say goes
we had a load of swedish lady pro's staying at my Inlaws gaff last year during the Dubai ladies masters. Lovely ladies, a credit to the game.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing quite so irritating as hearing a whooping redneck shout "in the hole! In the hole!!!" And they wonder why the world thinks they're all twats at this moment in history......
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:31 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
were you not supposed to have a stopover in Dubai at some point...did that ever happen...
my darling husband did on another of his "business trips" read holiday paid for by company.

Me and the kids - we're looking at bloody 2010 to get there!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
we had a load of swedish lady pro's staying at my Inlaws gaff last year during the Dubai ladies masters. Lovely ladies, a credit to the game.
did they share a room??
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:32 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

my darling husband did on another of his "business trips" read holiday paid for by company.

Me and the kids - we're looking at bloody 2010 to get there!
oh typical eh...
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:44 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see Fanny ?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

did they share a room??
actually they did....

with me (i wish)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Did you see Fanny ?
no but Henrik did pop round for a chat..

I missed that or i couldnt have resisted an immature 'does fanny keep your balls clean' or similar comment
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:19 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=arbroath_abroad;6811343]
Originally Posted by sassypilotswife

i was holding the 'Quiet please' sign at the 135th annual Phantasm world matchplay

So did you hold it so high Sassy couldn't read it?????

Wish Sam Torrance would come back..................
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

So i called my Sons fraternity house this morning to say hello and ask him what he thought of the game. He said they played well but he did comment on the same things you all have mentioned in regards to the actions of the Americans at the Ryder Cup. He said it is the most competitive game with Europe but he also stated He was appalled at the " USA USA" as well and said he is embarrassed as an American PGM major. Blake also told me that it pissed off even alot of Americans who were there. Blake said it will be unfortunate to have to respond to this when questioned on his next internship application and interview which is going to be over the pond this coming summer. I am praying he might have the opportunity for internship in Dubai. I can't wait for my kids to experience the UAE. He also said " mom, tell everyone on the forum you post to, don't hold it against all of us and " when I become a PGA professional leader I will ensure respect of the game, the pro's and the tours" The only games I have ever actually been to were his last year during the PGM parents weekend and it was nothing like what i saw when i watched a few minutes of the Ryder. I am glad my son saw the ignorance that went on there and that is why I am proud my son is a part of the PGA future.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Eva;6812745]

So did you hold it so high Sassy couldn't read it?????

Wish Sam Torrance would come back..................

No, but the tape he had over my mouth worked .. c'mon guys.. i am American by birth and getting out by the grace of God ! I just came to this forum to actually meet REAL people when I get to Dubai and not hang out with the usual " yanks" as you put it when I arrive. We're not all bad, i'm one of the 20% as IslandMom put it that actually gets out and I even have a Passport that wasn't applied for just to visit Mexico LOL
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

did they share a room??
Islandmom,

Can you arrange for me to have dinner with Natalie Gulbis please?

I've had her as my avatar - twice - so she owes me dinner at least..........
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean
Islandmom,

Can you arrange for me to have dinner with Natalie Gulbis please?

I've had her as my avatar - twice - so she owes me dinner at least..........
not her I dont think (she has terrible acne so I've heard) but I'm very good pals with the Head Twins, used to be members of the same club - infact OH used to lodge with them at their house .... they'd have dinner with you I'm sure, even though one of them is married to Ian Poulters caddy terry Mundy, she'd still be up for dinner with you I'm sure!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:50 pm

[QUOTE=sassypilotswife;6812888]
Originally Posted by Eva

No, but the tape he had over my mouth worked .. c'mon guys.. i am American by birth and getting out by the grace of God ! I just came to this forum to actually meet REAL people when I get to Dubai and not hang out with the usual " yanks" as you put it when I arrive. We're not all bad, i'm one of the 20% as IslandMom put it that actually gets out and I even have a Passport that wasn't applied for just to visit Mexico LOL

Y'ariba!!! It is a shame that Brits cant have even a degree of the patriotism that the yanks do .... if you put a Union Jack up in the UK you're a racist (thanks BNP!), at least the US does have that huge patriotism in most of the population .... they just need to know manners in most cases that go with it.

Its right to be proud of your country - its when it goes into overdrive of being "we are the world leaders" "we are the superpower" etc that it gets everyones back up.

I think every American should watch "World Police" DVD, and every Brit should be able to show the Union Jack without fear of being a racist scumbag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.