British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rush hour nutters (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rush-hour-nutters-790943/)

shiva Mar 18th 2013 10:32 am

Rush hour nutters

these people scare me

http://gulfnews.com/gntv/lifestyle/r...ames-1.1159637

britexpat76 Mar 18th 2013 11:05 am

Re: Rush hour nutters

Non of them play I-Spy?

soukie Mar 18th 2013 11:11 am

Mild stuff then. No putting make up on, texting, reading the paper etc

nonthaburi Mar 19th 2013 9:10 am

When I was working in London, going from home ( SE London ) to jobs in W.London I would regularly spend 3+ hours a day in traffic driving to and from work . Accept it or get another job . Don't see anything different here .

NorthernLad Mar 19th 2013 9:16 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 10612109)
When I was working in London, going from home ( SE London ) to jobs in W.London I would regularly spend 3+ hours a day in traffic driving to and from work . Accept it or get another job . Don't see anything different here .

Did you make up stories in your head about the other commuters?

When I was in London traffic I'd listen to the radio and smoke Marlboros, the time flew by.

britexpat76 Mar 19th 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10612117)

When I was in London traffic I'd listen to the radio and smoke Marlboros, the time flew by.

I spent the 8 mile (1 1/2 hour) drive from West Hampstead to Harrow & Wealdstone on my phone (Working) smoking marlboro shaking off the hangover.

nonthaburi Mar 19th 2013 4:14 pm

haha , nope . I was the navigator most of the time and the other guy was driving . On the way back I would have a couple of cans and smoke a few roll ups and watch the world go by . Spent hours on the Edgeware road going down to Marble Arch from jobs in N.London .

Norm_uk Mar 20th 2013 5:22 am

I sing sea shanties when I'm stuck in traffic...and lament not bringing my pipe to puff on.

N.

Scamp Mar 20th 2013 5:25 am

If it's shit I tap the buttons on the steering wheel and ring Dad, then Mum, then my Sister.

Normally have someone in the car here for the drive home though so it's smoking and chatting.

shiva Mar 20th 2013 5:34 am

thats what i meant by nutters.

everyone hates traffic but the level of insanity in the video is disturbing.

Blue Cat Mar 20th 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10613960)
thats what i meant by nutters.

everyone hates traffic but the level of insanity in the video is disturbing.

I am lucky enough to be able to avoid all rush hour traffic, it would drive me nuts. It's bad enough trying to get out of Barsha at 11 am never mine 7.30 am

britexpat76 Mar 20th 2013 7:39 am

My 3.5m journey to work takes @30 mins. I spend all of this on the phone (Work related) and eating sweets so I don't think about smoking. I banned myself from smoking in cars a few years ago. Same on the way home calling friends and family.

Roadking Mar 20th 2013 11:21 am

I ride my bike and don't get stuck in traffic....and laugh at the poor buggers who are!

The Dean Mar 21st 2013 2:57 am

Dubai Eye gives me all the entertainment I need. Mind you, my average daily commute is only ten minutes..............