British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rugby World Cup - Dubai coverage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rugby-world-cup-dubai-coverage-730980/)

Victor Meldrew Sep 3rd 2011 10:12 am

Rugby World Cup - Dubai coverage

Anybody know which channels will be showing this?

Cheers :thumbsup:

The Dean Sep 3rd 2011 11:25 am

Re: Rugby World Cup - Dubai coverage

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 9598002)
Anybody know which channels will be showing this?

Cheers :thumbsup:

OSN Sports, according to their adverts (every match live).

Victor Meldrew Sep 3rd 2011 11:35 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9598089)
OSN Sports, according to their adverts (every match live).

Brilliant - thanks!

Just got back from UK, been away since end June so not had chance to check

ctfc Sep 5th 2011 8:34 am

http://www.osnetwork.com/onlineguide/sep/index.html - Page 19

Millsyisland Sep 5th 2011 9:02 am

Christ - where have they dug 'Count' Jim Rosenthal up from??

The Dean Sep 5th 2011 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9601155)
Christ - where have they dug 'Count' Jim Rosenthal up from??

...... and whose actual match commentary are they taking? Hopefully someone from the NH, not the useless SH morons...........

I think ITV has the UK rights?

Millsyisland Sep 5th 2011 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9601197)
...... and whose actual match commentary are they taking? Hopefully someone from the NH, not the useless SH morons...........

I think ITV has the UK rights?

You're right, ITV does have the rights for all the matches in the UK, so I really hope OSN have their commentary. Whilst you expect a little bias for the commentator's home country, I do find the SH worse than NH. I find NH more knowledgable too, without sounding too anti-SH......

The Dean Sep 5th 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9601827)
You're right, ITV does have the rights for all the matches in the UK, so I really hope OSN have their commentary. Whilst you expect a little bias for the commentator's home country, I do find the SH worse than NH. I find NH more knowledgable too, without sounding too anti-SH......

The trouble is, ITV have no pedigree for rugby commentary or presentation, so I assume they will drag some freelancers in - no chance of poaching the superb Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes from Sky, I suppose?

Millsyisland Sep 6th 2011 5:16 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9601923)
The trouble is, ITV have no pedigree for rugby commentary or presentation, so I assume they will drag some freelancers in - no chance of poaching the superb Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes from Sky, I suppose?

Sadly it doesn't look like they have (although they did manage to poach them in 2007). The ITV commentary team look to be Nick Mullins, Simon Ward, Martin Gillingham & Bob Symonds with co-commentators of Alan Quinlan, Scott Hastings, Phil Vickery & Andy Gomarsall.

Pundits are Sean Fitzpatrick, Michael Lynagh, Francois Pienaar, Lawrence Dallaglio, Gareth Thomas & Thom Evans and presenters are Steve Rider, Martin Bayfield & Craig Doyle.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 6th 2011 6:59 am

As long as the little welsh chap from the BBC who's name escapes me is nowhere near a microphone.

Never heard such one sided commentary in my life.

Millsyisland Sep 6th 2011 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9602774)
As long as the little welsh chap from the BBC who's name escapes me is nowhere near a microphone.

Never heard such one sided commentary in my life.

I think you mean Jonathan Davies - tried to insert a picture of him but can't work out how to do it - just comes up as a link.......

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 6th 2011 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9602790)
I think you mean Jonathan Davies - tried to insert a picture of him but can't work out how to do it - just comes up as a link.......

Bingo!

I couldnt get Jonathan Edwards out my head when trying to remember.

Davies is the worst commentator I've ever heard.

The Dean Sep 6th 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9602690)
Sadly it doesn't look like they have (although they did manage to poach them in 2007). The ITV commentary team look to be Nick Mullins, Simon Ward, Martin Gillingham & Bob Symonds with co-commentators of Alan Quinlan, Scott Hastings, Phil Vickery & Andy Gomarsall.

Pundits are Sean Fitzpatrick, Michael Lynagh, Francois Pienaar, Lawrence Dallaglio, Gareth Thomas & Thom Evans and presenters are Steve Rider, Martin Bayfield & Craig Doyle.

Those commentators will be fiendishly doing their homework as I write. God knows which of them will be able to call Georgia v Romania..........

Millsyisland Sep 9th 2011 9:30 am

Had enough of the SH commentary already......

Victor Meldrew Sep 9th 2011 12:03 pm

What is it with Kiwis and vowels!

Just listened to the commentary on the NZ v Samoa game:

a = e
e = i
i = u
o = o (not bad)
u = a

"Thet scram is a miss" = "That scrum is a mess"
"It doesn't metter who wuns" = "It doesn't matter who wins"

It's driving me crazy:banghead: