British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Royal Wedding (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/royal-wedding-714913/)

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 9:45 am

The Royal Wedding

I am not that interested in it myself to be honest with you, I know KittyKat is celebrating with bunting and victoria sponge, anyone else doing anything to commemorate the Royal Wedding?

Spugsy Apr 28th 2011 9:49 am

Re: The Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9331279)
I am not that interested in it myself to be honest with you, I know KittyKat is celebrating with bunting and victoria sponge, anyone else doing anything to commemorate the Royal Wedding?

going to brunch at belgian beer cafe, they have promised not to show it.

Sandboy Apr 28th 2011 9:51 am

I'm paying for it but not invited

bollocks to them

Ethos83 Apr 28th 2011 9:57 am

Haven't decided yet. Either a champers picnic in Hyde Park or a street party in Fulham. Might go for the Hyde Park one, but it depends on how much rain there is.

Incidentally enough, London looks fabulous with all the bunting and Union Jacks and the place's is decidedly spruced up. That alone makes it worthwhile to see London, wedding or not.

Meow Apr 28th 2011 10:03 am

I will probably watch part of it but for the pageantry and views of London looking great, as much as for the wedding itself. I'd gladly get rid of the whole royal family, but I do enjoy the spectacles that the Brits can put on for a big event. It's for the same reason that I watch the Trooping of the Colour and the Remembrance Day parade etc.

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9331293)
Haven't decided yet. Either a champers picnic in Hyde Park or a street party in Fulham. Might go for the Hyde Park one, but it depends on how much rain there is.

Incidentally enough, London looks fabulous with all the bunting and Union Jacks and the place's is decidedly spruced up. That alone makes it worthwhile to see London, wedding or not.

yeah I like to see that sort of stuff, there is a house at the Ranches got flags out etc seems a bit weird here but there are plenty of brunches/parties going on. I have been making wedding favours all morning for a friend who is go to the Polo Club event.

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9331300)
I will probably watch part of it but for the pageantry and views of London looking great, as much as for the wedding itself. I'd gladly get rid of the whole royal family, but I do enjoy the spectacles that the Brits can put on for a big event. It's for the same reason that I watch the Trooping of the Colour and the Remembrance Day parade etc.

I won't be watching it live, I only really want to see The Dress and what everyone else is wearing. Will prob download the special afterwards.

Ethos83 Apr 28th 2011 10:11 am

If you see an aerial shot of Hyde Park, look for the 6'1 tall guy with the blue wool overcoat and a black umbrella.

That's me.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9331306)
I won't be watching it live, I only really want to see The Dress and what everyone else is wearing. Will prob download the special afterwards.

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9331315)
If you see an aerial shot of Hyde Park, look for the 6'1 tall guy with the blue wool overcoat and a black umbrella.

That's me.

I am pretty sure you will stand out in a crowd :D how's it going in the new job?

Ethos83 Apr 28th 2011 10:15 am

Start on Monday.

Right now I'm just enjoying London, settling into a temporary flat and catching up with old friends.

Getting hot down there?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9331317)
I am pretty sure you will stand out in a crowd :D how's it going in the new job?

Meow Apr 28th 2011 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9331306)

It is apparently on for hours. I will watch an hour or so. That's enough.

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9331327)
It is apparently on for hours. I will watch an hour or so. That's enough.

it will be on all day, full 24 hours I reckon, I will just watch the hi lights :thumbup:

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2011 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9331323)
Start on Monday.

Right now I'm just enjoying London, settling into a temporary flat and catching up with old friends.

Getting hot down there?

yup it is 38 now, going to the pool this afternoon :thumbup:

lionheart Apr 28th 2011 10:54 am

I've asked one of my sisters to buy for Jasmine a set of the Royal Mail commemorative stamps. That's about it as far as the Royal Wedding is concerned. As for BC rushing out into the mid-afternoon 38degC sunshine, how she doesn't get skin cancer is a mystery to me. I know so many people whose lives have been ruined by over-exposure to the sun. Before you say anything, sunscreen unfortunately does bugger-all to prevent skin cancer.

Meow Apr 28th 2011 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9331330)
it will be on all day, full 24 hours I reckon, I will just watch the hi lights :thumbup:

I think it already is judging by what I saw on Sky News last night. :rolleyes: