Royal Split

Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Split

Opium of the people.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:31 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What do you want? Prince Harry the bin man? Meghan the care worker?

This is probably the kind of reason they want to step back.
I want them to disappear into obscurity. They can't have their cake and eat it too. If they want to step back from the royal life and all the privilege that comes with it that's fine. But don't then expect to stay in a rent free 'cottage'.... Rent or buy a house like everyone else. If that's in the middle of Ontario or wherever so be it .
Old Jan 14th 2020, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta agree with Christmas.

I'm old enough to remember other royals being dragged over the coals by the media. Remember the ferocious attacks and press over Fergie before, during and after the divorce? The ugly side of the media that certainly has nitpicked Meghan Markle to death has done the same thing to the York girls, there's plenty of nasty online comments about their physical appearances and clothes. And even Kate went through a period with the press complaining she was lazy and not doing anything. And remember the scandal about those photos taken of her and Will when they were sunbathing naked? I remember the snide comments and sneers about Carole Middleton and her former life as an air hostess. I don't see Meghan being treated any differently.

I do see people whose identities are wrapped up in seeking racism in every facet of life finding the racism they're looking for and refusing to acknowledge the same degree of press hostility has faced other royals too. So when a woke misanthrope like Miss Ann comes along and tells us to check our privileges, I only roll my eyes and tell him he needs to check his woke ignorance. I do also see people who are republicans / disdain the monarchy / disdain the UK in general flocking to "support Meghan" when in reality they're just using her as fuel for their own prejudices.

The simple reality is Meghan Markle is running away because she doesn't want to spend her life doing the royal duty and being second fiddle to Will and Kate. I guess the red carpet Hollywood glamorous lifestyle with all the shallowness and parasites implied with it is better suited for Harry and Meghan than a lifetime of duty opening hospitals and charity events and concerts. Hey, I'm sure I wouldn't like the royal duty, but let's be real here. They're running away from the press in the UK to be what? "Influencers?" Which means they fully intend to remain in the public spotlight and expect millions of flashing camera bulbs adoring them. They just didn't like people mocking their hypocrisy in wanting to save the environment while running around in private jets. And now they want to be financially independent despite already having a, what, fortune estimated between 30-40 million, and pray tell how will they accomplish the extra hundred or so million they apparently need? Fat speaking fees preaching environmentalism to other rich people before hopping on their private jet back home? Ok.... Their only justification for being influencers is effectively the royal status, but they don't want the obligations of duty that we in the UK expect of the royals.

I'd have a lot more respect for Harry and Meghan if their goal was to set up a quiet life on a farm on a Canadian island and live the environmentally conscious lifestyle there, quietly with family and close friends, and occasionally going back to the UK for the periodic family photo. That I completely understand. But that's not what they want, isn't it? It's to hang out with hollywood stars and strut the red carpet and give soulful interviews about how important their causes while pocketing the fees instead of donating it to those causes.

I must say, I expect a divorce. Give it five years. Harry will go back to the UK and maybe remarry someone from his former tatler set of friends and set up housekeeping on a Scottish estate doing his low key environmental stuff, and Meghan goes back to LA.

Old Jan 14th 2020, 7:39 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I'm old enough to remember other royals being dragged over the coals by the media. Remember the ferocious attacks and press over Fergie before, during and after the divorce? The ugly side of the media that certainly has nitpicked Meghan Markle to death has done the same thing to the York girls, there's plenty of nasty online comments about their physical appearances and clothes. And even Kate went through a period with the press complaining she was lazy and not doing anything. And remember the scandal about those photos taken of her and Will when they were sunbathing naked? I remember the snide comments and sneers about Carole Middleton and her former life as an air hostess. I don't see Meghan being treated any differently.

I do see people whose identities are wrapped up in seeking racism in every facet of life finding the racism they're looking for and refusing to acknowledge the same degree of press hostility has faced other royals too. So when a woke misanthrope like Miss Ann comes along and tells us to check our privileges, I only roll my eyes and tell him he needs to check his woke ignorance. I do also see people who are republicans / disdain the monarchy / disdain the UK in general flocking to "support Meghan" when in reality they're just using her as fuel for their own prejudices.

The simple reality is Meghan Markle is running away because she doesn't want to spend her life doing the royal duty and being second fiddle to Will and Kate. I guess the red carpet Hollywood glamorous lifestyle with all the shallowness and parasites implied with it is better suited for Harry and Meghan than a lifetime of duty opening hospitals and charity events and concerts. Hey, I'm sure I wouldn't like the royal duty, but let's be real here. They're running away from the press in the UK to be what? "Influencers?" Which means they fully intend to remain in the public spotlight and expect millions of flashing camera bulbs adoring them. They just didn't like people mocking their hypocrisy in wanting to save the environment while running around in private jets. And now they want to be financially independent despite already having a, what, fortune estimated between 30-40 million, and pray tell how will they accomplish the extra hundred or so million they apparently need? Fat speaking fees preaching environmentalism to other rich people before hopping on their private jet back home? Ok.... Their only justification for being influencers is effectively the royal status, but they don't want the obligations of duty that we in the UK expect of the royals.

I'd have a lot more respect for Harry and Meghan if their goal was to set up a quiet life on a farm on a Canadian island and live the environmentally conscious lifestyle there, quietly with family and close friends, and occasionally going back to the UK for the periodic family photo. That I completely understand. But that's not what they want, isn't it? It's to hang out with hollywood stars and strut the red carpet and give soulful interviews about how important their causes while pocketing the fees instead of donating it to those causes.

I must say, I expect a divorce. Give it five years. Harry will go back to the UK and maybe remarry someone from his former tatler set of friends and set up housekeeping on a Scottish estate doing his low key environmental stuff, and Meghan goes back to LA.
I'm in shock. Actually agreed with something you said.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 8:04 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I couldn't actually give a toss what they do as long as none of it ever gets paid for from my taxes.

If you don't see racism in the coverage of Megahan Markle then its because you have chosen not to see it. FFS, pictures of the child as a chimp? Not so subtle little remarks by paid commentators in the Mail about "niggling" issues with her as a Duchess? Seriously, have you even talked to one black British person about how they have experienced it?

Last edited by Miss Ann Thrope; Jan 14th 2020 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 8:06 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've read this several times and am still none the wiser. Eh?
Wiser is an appropriate choice of word. The use of little "dog whistle" words and phrases is all over the right wing press coverage. If you don't know what that means then I suggest you educate yourself.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Wiser is an appropriate choice of word. The use of little "dog whistle" words and phrases is all over the right wing press coverage. If you don't know what that means then I suggest you educate yourself.
Perhaps instead of patronising and belittling, you could have simply answered my question. I haven’t seen any racism because I don’t read any right wing press. A short answer or a link or two would have sufficed.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps instead of patronising and belittling, you could have simply answered my question. I haven’t seen any racism because I don’t read any right wing press. A short answer or a link or two would have sufficed.
I'll save Miss Woke Ann Thorp the trouble. Insofar as I can see, the racism is some BBC reporter who commented on a social media outlet like Twitter that baby Archie looked like an ape or chimpanzee (and was promptly fired), and the usual online nasties you find everywhere. Like those cybernats. The claim that the established media was racist and hounding Meghan Markle because she has a black mother is utterly unfounded.

Because if it was true it doesn't explain why other royals have also been hounded. Other white royals.

I will say the presses did have a lot of fun mocking her wokeness and appearance of entitlement and royal missteps. It is, perhaps, not the greatest idea to go on a tour to some of the poorest countries in the world and then complain in an interview that no one asked her how she was.

It didn't help that she made a big fuss at Wimbledon about her security and cordoned off an entire ring of prime empty seats around her for privacy and threw a fit when someone took her photo. It doesn't help that you marry into a majorly tradition bound royal family and turn down the Queen's invitation to Balmoral and instead go to a tennis open in New York with your celebrity friends.

I'm sure I'd hate the constant press intrusion and flashing bulbs and the regimented lifestyle but she should have known what she signed up for. And that in the UK you don't accept nearly three million quid of public funding to renovate your posh shack and then refuse to allow photos of your baby and basically tell the Queen to bugger off and not even have the dignity to meet face to face with the royal family before running away to Canada.

I'm all for the decision to leave the gilded fishbowl and wanting privacy. But the manner it's being done reeks of hypocrisy, both the excuses and the expectations.

Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:14 am
On a grand tour

tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
I couldn't actually give a toss what they do as long as none of it ever gets paid for from my taxes.

If you don't see racism in the coverage of Megahan Markle then its because you have chosen not to see it. FFS, pictures of the child as a chimp? Not so subtle little remarks by paid commentators in the Mail about "niggling" issues with her as a Duchess? Seriously, have you even talked to one black British person about how they have experienced it?
And you've chosen to see racism everywhere, even where there is none. MM arrived to a wave of goodwill - even though several rules were bent for her. The chimp episode was stupid, sure, but other than that, not much...
The word "niggling" is verboten now? Who decided this, and when?
How many black British people have YOU talked to about this? What did they say? And given that "black British" are a small minority in Britain, why should their opinions or feelings be more precious, or more valid, than anyone else's?
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I want them to disappear into obscurity. They can't have their cake and eat it too. If they want to step back from the royal life and all the privilege that comes with it that's fine. But don't then expect to stay in a rent free 'cottage'.... Rent or buy a house like everyone else. If that's in the middle of Ontario or wherever so be it .
I'd rather see them do something positive or good. We all know they're hugely wealthy so they can buy as many houses as they wish, but who gives a monkeys if they live in a royal cottage? I'm sure their individual contributions to society has probably warranted a home.

The butthurt the royals cause is genuinely beyond me.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It's 2020 Christmas, you've got to seek to be offended wherever possible.

I'm actually offended that you said right wing. I think that's too unfair. I don't have wings, only arms and legs and it's not fair to make me feel stupid for not having wings, left or right.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I feel quite sorry for Archie, Queenie etc. They haven't got long to bond with their great-grandson, it's as if they've been shut out of his upbringing. He won't know uncles, aunts, cousins etc.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly couldn't give a shit...

BoJo's 2 drafts for the infamous pro or con-Brexit piece show most of the MSM hacks arent printing something they vehemently believe in, they print it to get a reaction.. Any reaction..

This kinda BS fills the pages when the politically-driven MSM want to create a diversion from the real issues happening in the country...

And its clearly working... Even 'woke' people fall into the trap...
Old Jan 15th 2020, 8:51 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I feel quite sorry for Archie, Queenie etc. They haven't got long to bond with their great-grandson, it's as if they've been shut out of his upbringing. He won't know uncles, aunts, cousins etc.
The curse of the expat (and the expat's family), it happens to most of us. Although from some of the posts I've read over the years, some people see it as a blessing that they don't have to see some family members.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 9:48 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I honestly couldn't give a shit...

BoJo's 2 drafts for the infamous pro or con-Brexit piece show most of the MSM hacks arent printing something they vehemently believe in, they print it to get a reaction.. Any reaction..

This kinda BS fills the pages when the politically-driven MSM want to create a diversion from the real issues happening in the country...

And its clearly working... Even 'woke' people fall into the trap...
Probably the best post on this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.