Room mate wanted

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 8:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room mate wanted

Originally Posted by mentalist
He could always try Swansea for that purpose.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

ukfb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Oh yeah, the cars that look like they have smashed through a halfords.
Lol!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

jonk87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been getting pissed non-stop with the same mates for the last 3 years. It's boring, cold and repetitive. TV is shit and I'm bored of Ant and Dec Saturday Night takeaway being my life if I'm not getting mortal to die on the Sunday.

I don't care if I'm broke when I come out. It's a new lifestyle, culture, opportunity to meet new people and foreign lasses.

If I end up being broke then I'm sure my parents will swing me a £50 every now and then to watch the football in an irish bar.

I need to lose weight, concentrate on work and stop binge-drining so being forced out of my existing lifestyle through a lack of finance maybe isn't a terrible thing, as long as it's not for more than a year.

Worst comes to worst. I'll go home and get another job to be just like everybody else in Newcastle.

Thanks for the heads up, I understand your duty to educate me before I head out. But you must see my reasons for wanting to come out.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:21 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonk87
I've been getting pissed non-stop with the same mates for the last 3 years. It's boring, cold and repetitive. TV is shit and I'm bored of Ant and Dec Saturday Night takeaway being my life if I'm not getting mortal to die on the Sunday.

I don't care if I'm broke when I come out. It's a new lifestyle, culture, opportunity to meet new people and foreign lasses.

If I end up being broke then I'm sure my parents will swing me a £50 every now and then to watch the football in an irish bar.

I need to lose weight, concentrate on work and stop binge-drining so being forced out of my existing lifestyle through a lack of finance maybe isn't a terrible thing, as long as it's not for more than a year.

Worst comes to worst. I'll go home and get another job to be just like everybody else in Newcastle.

Thanks for the heads up, I understand your duty to educate me before I head out. But you must see my reasons for wanting to come out.
I totally understand, but why Dubai? Could you not get a marketing job in London or another big city where you can set up cheaper and home is only a few hours away? Your young and can build up in the UK then come to DBX on a more comfortable package?

Just have a budget set and accom before you come out, I am sure plenty of people will help advise with locations and traveling times etc.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Saudi should be your first port of call. Plenty of foreign nurse lasses. Relatively close knit community.

Hard pressed to spend too much cash and then graduate up to UAE in a few years when you've experienced living in an Arab city. If you can survive Riyadh, Dubai will be a breeze.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Saudi should be your first port of call. Plenty of foreign nurse lasses. Relatively close knit community.

Hard pressed to spend too much cash and then graduate up to UAE in a few years when you've experienced living in an Arab city. If you can survive Riyadh, Dubai will be a breeze.
I've never been to Saudi but from what I understand from this board and my colleagues over there, I reckon that's pretty sound advice. I can sympathise with the OP and his last post about giving it a bash anyway.

From what I know now, I'd definately not accept that offer. He's had a surprisingly amount of helpful advice on the thread, so if he buggers it up it's his own fault.

Best of luck Jonk, hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You won't enjoy life here with no cash. Honestly.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

The Middle East is a really bad place to have no money.
Most people you will associate with WILL have money to spend...and if you go into debt, which you most likely will, you are seriously effed if and when shit hits the fan...what if you lose your job and have debt? go look up some threads on the bored about this...serious shit, VERY serious!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
The Middle East is a really bad place to have no money.
Most people you will associate with WILL have money to spend...and if you go into debt, which you most likely will, you are seriously effed if and when shit hits the fan...what if you lose your job and have debt? go look up some threads on the bored about this...serious shit, VERY serious!
Very good point. Here they will lend people 20x salary upto Qr400,000 max without batting an eyelid. So the op could borrow QR160,000 to supplement their lifestyle, how tempting will that be when you are young and people are out enjoying themselves around you................
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

**** it. Given your post I say go for it but don't get into debt whatever ****ing happens don't go into debt. 8k will be difficult but an eye opener and I'd start job hunting from the day you arrive. In all honesty if you aren't a complete idiot even with no experience you'll be able to double that salary with any other job you get.

One last thing, if you have any cash at all spare buy an open return ticket to the uk and extend it as far as you can. There's probably a 50% or greater chance you will need to use the return within the year if you don't get a better paid job.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The only issue you need to be aware of is that if you arrive in May, you will need to stay until April 2016 to be fully tax free. i.e. if you go home, you should (in theory) pay tax on your salary. I'd suggest that you don't tell the taxman anything about you being here as when it goes wrong and you come back inside a year you don't want to face a tax bill too.

So, go for it but eyes wide open. Take up dragon boating/ running for sports. Consider sharing and making friends with filipinos vs. westerners - They don't earn much and they work hard but they don't smell and are quite good fun. They can show you how to make 100AED last all night and you'll probably get to root a couple too.

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 24th 2013 at 5:46 am.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:47 am
Shark Fisherman

Boost your income by becoming a Gigilo? Plenty of bored JJ's stuck at home bored whilst the husband is away on business/smashing Russian hookers.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
**** it. Given your post I say go for it but don't get into debt whatever ****ing happens don't go into debt. 8k will be difficult but an eye opener and I'd start job hunting from the day you arrive. In all honesty if you aren't a complete idiot even with no experience you'll be able to double that salary with any other job you get.

One last thing, if you have any cash at all spare buy an open return ticket to the uk and extend it as far as you can. There's probably a 50% or greater chance you will need to use the return within the year if you don't get a better paid job.
He will be fine, I have offered him a room with us until he gets himself sorted. I admire his guts at making such a huge lifestyle change. I don't watch Saturday Night take-away so he is safe there but he will have to suffer Britain's got talent. If he doesn't like that he can spend his time at our gym or in the pool. The lad will get a good start if he accepts my offer. I will get Spugsy to take him to the footy and Sand Dance etc

*sits back and awaits abuse*

Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

Issue being, of course, if his currently employer releases the visa.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
He will be fine, I have offered him a room with us until he gets himself sorted. I admire his guts at making such a huge lifestyle change. I don't watch Saturday Night take-away so he is safe there but he will have to suffer Britain's got talent. If he doesn't like that he can spend his time at our gym or in the pool. The lad will get a good start if he accepts my offer. I will get Spugsy to take him to the footy and Sand Dance etc

*sits back and awaits abuse*

If he needed a reason to reconsider coming, this is it.

I have a feeling it will end up like a scene from Misery. What ever you do jonk, don't touch the penguin - He always faces due North.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.