British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Room 101 - Sport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/room-101-sport-751861/)

Meow Mar 17th 2012 11:06 am

Room 101 - Sport

You can choose a sport or any aspect of sport.

I can't stand football players that whine to the ref everytime a decision doesn't go their way.

I also hate Cristiano Ronaldo, which I don't think actually needs an explanation.

And is shot put even a sport? It's just a beefy lump throwing a cannonball. :confused:

commander Mar 17th 2012 12:14 pm

Re: Room 101 - Sport

Why did they ban smoking and drinking at the darts. Never been the same since. Bring back Jockey Wilson after 10pints.

Brian Moore, tit. Enough said.

kittycat1 Mar 17th 2012 12:20 pm

does darts qualify as a sport- the fact that they used to smoke and drink whilst playing would suggest otherwise- same as snooker- aren't they just pub games?

Do they have darts and snooker at the olympics?

commander Mar 17th 2012 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9957682)
does darts qualify as a sport- the fact that they used to smoke and drink whilst playing would suggest otherwise- same as snooker- aren't they just pub games?

Do they have darts and snooker at the olympics?

Do they have golf at the olympics...mind you, that's a game not a sport ;-)

They don't have in-line-skating at the Olympics either and these dudes are mega mega fit.

kittycat1 Mar 17th 2012 1:02 pm

but in line skaters don't puff on fags and drink beer when they are racing...

commander Mar 17th 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9957721)
but in line skaters don't puff on fags and drink beer when they are racing...

neither do darts or snooker players nowadays and its still not in the olympics..

Darts is a sport for sure ;-)

kittycat1 Mar 17th 2012 1:09 pm

no it isn't :p

co durham boy Mar 17th 2012 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9957729)
no it isn't :p

Of course it is with past athletes such as Cliff Lazerenco , Mike Gregory , Eric Bristow , John Lowe , Leighton Rees and the sublime Andy Fordham you really have to go far to think of a set of guys with more sporting prowess !

commander Mar 17th 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9957753)
Of course it is with past athletes such as Cliff Lazerenco , Mike Gregory , Eric Bristow , John Lowe , Leighton Rees and the sublime Andy Fordham you really have to go far to think of a set of guys with more sporting prowess !

Yea, old school, these guys knew how to maximise their potential. Jockey Wilson actually couldn't throw darts sober when the beer was banned from televised games..

flares Mar 17th 2012 2:07 pm

Polo

Millhouse Mar 17th 2012 3:44 pm

Although I know that is an unpopular vote but I'm going to banish Football to Room 101.

Boring low scoring game, irritating fans, pointless rivalry and, when screened in bars, reduces the focus on drinking and talking about breasts. WAGS are a thankful introduction to the game.

soukie Mar 17th 2012 7:37 pm

Football must go and the WAGS with it. Football players are paid far to much and WAGS capitalize on their partners by becoming overnight fashion designers - no training required just trading on a name. Colleen Rooney would look more at home behind the till in ASDA and don't get me started on VB.

The Dean Mar 17th 2012 7:47 pm

WWE or whatever it's called this week...........

Sandboy Mar 18th 2012 4:41 am

parents at childrens sporting events, especially in Dubai

I hate going to the kids JFL here. When I was a lad on Saturday mornings in Gateshead we played in front of one man and his dog in howling winds, pissing rain, sleet the lot. We had a great time and there were some great players.

Here you cannot move for Jumeirah Janes with their fold out sofas, high heels, designer shite from head to toe screaming like banshees at the ref because Jordan or Tyler has been tackled and is rolling around on the floor as if he's been hit like a tank etc etc. The kids themselves with their stupid haircuts, stupid boots and stupid goal celebrations - your all shit boys, I have seen one decent footballer among 100s in my years here ( Arsenal and n**castle invited him over to UK ) and lay off the KFC because none of you are fit either. Some of the coaches are twats too, whatever happened to the ref is always right ?

spartans53 Mar 18th 2012 4:50 am

Reffed a kids rugby game on Saturday U16s and the lads were great, they even said the wished the parents and coaches would shut up moaning. We actually had a laugh about it and ignored them.

One kid caught another quite high, wasn't deliberate or nasty. Called him over said don't do it again and lets pretend i have given you a bollocking just in case his mum is watching.

Partents at kids sport goes in for sure.