Room 101 - Modern Life

Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Room 101 - Modern Life

This is today's category. Something about modern life that really annoys you and you want to get rid of.

And give a reason why!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101 - Modern Life

erm The Kardashians

I'm not really getting this am I
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
erm The Kardashians

I'm not really getting this am I

See me after school please
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
See me after school please
No comment

Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Crackberrys, cant do without it but wish they had never been invented
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:29 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

facebook and twitter

provides a platform for every idiot in the world to publish their idiotic opinion about some idiotic event or equally idiotic person.

Nobody cares about your boring uneventful life.

lol u ok hun xxxx
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

globalisation and capitalism! because I hate going anywhere in the world and finding a starbucks, a gap and a hilton hotel- multibillion dollar businesses putting the small businessman out of business- hate it! power to the people i say- and yes I do work for a bluechip company

I'm feeling a bit hippish at the mo after my lovely holiday- gonna go and hug a palm tree- might get a job for greenpeace as well
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anti-globalisation is a patronising movement invented by Westerners to justify depriving non-Westerners of good coffee and clean hotels in order to preserve the 'authenticity' of the non-western world for the benefit of liberal progressive western travellers/backpackers seeking the unique.

Bring on the Starbucks, I say! Bring on the soft, clean bedbug free beds!

Originally Posted by kittycat1
globalisation and capitalism! because I hate going anywhere in the world and finding a starbucks, a gap and a hilton hotel- multibillion dollar businesses putting the small businessman out of business- hate it! power to the people i say- and yes I do work for a bluechip company

I'm feeling a bit hippish at the mo after my lovely holiday- gonna go and hug a palm tree- might get a job for greenpeace as well
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mobile phones.

Originally Posted by Meow
This is today's category. Something about modern life that really annoys you and you want to get rid of.

And give a reason why!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 9:32 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Anti-globalisation is a patronising movement invented by Westerners to justify depriving non-Westerners of good coffee and clean hotels in order to preserve the 'authenticity' of the non-western world for the benefit of liberal progressive western travellers/backpackers seeking the unique.
That's like a cross between Marx & Python.

I don't see how you can simultaneously hold the views (on an anti-anti-globalisation platform) that good coffee and clean hotels are ok, but mobile phones aren't. I'd happily ban mobiles, but only those of people I don't know.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

People who bought Dubai property when it was cheap, and sold it before the crash........

Bastards.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:26 pm
Bored liberal

I can't decide between

WAGs (Utterly pointless. Who cares about the airhead girlfriend of an overpaid footballer?)
The obsession with appearance (to the detriment of intelligence and personality plus the ghastly mags who critisize everyone mercilessly)
jeggings (the word is as bad as the item)

Last edited by Meow; Mar 13th 2012 at 1:28 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Text speak.
I don't like it in text messages but I like it even less when it crops up in emails and business communications. It's not professional and if you have time to type "TY 4 MSG" you have time to type "thanks" or "thank you".

Lazy school teachers who tell kids to go off and research something by themselves but never actually teach them anything about that topic.

Food and wine snobs who think they know it all but can be very boring and tedious.

Telephone sales. They always seem to ring at the worst moment and no - I don't want olive oil, solar panels, frozen food deliveries or Vodafone. If you ring my house at 8am on Saturday you will get a very curt and more than not, an impolite response from me. Same goes for Jehovah's Witnessess.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

People my age in Dubai who are actually thick, useless and complete spastics by nature.

50:50 between men and women. Both are generally so far up their own arses that they don't eat anymore, their digestive system is now a loop from bowel to throat. Twats.

Also, manners, or a lack of manners.

I now shout "you're welcome" at everyone who doesn't say thank you when I hold a door for them, or hold the lift so they don't have to wait. The number of people in my office that will not even notice walking ahead of a woman through the doorway instead of waiting less than a second for them to go first.

Manners are free and it's not difficult to just do the basics properly. I ****ing hate bad manners.

(swearing not included.)
Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I now shout "you're welcome" at everyone who doesn't say thank you when I hold a door for them, or hold the lift so they don't have to wait. .)
With you there, buddy. Although sometimes it comes out as "**** you very much".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.