Room 101 - Food

Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:32 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101 - Food

Originally Posted by Meow
I love durian. You have to get past the smell, but the taste and texture is divine!

Peas - they don't taste like they look
Offal - there's a reason the word sounds like awful
Smell is a big thing for me and I can't get past it easily - that's why I'm not a fan of the aptly named stinky tofu either. I am getting past my strong fish aversion though and am going to be giving myself a coronary with some Bagna Cauda soon.

N.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Smell is a big thing for me and I can't get past it easily - that's why I'm not a fan of the aptly named stinky tofu either. I am getting past my strong fish aversion though and am going to be giving myself a coronary with some Bagna Cauda soon.

N.
I don't believe the notion that fresh fish doesn't smell either. It all smells. Always.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I love durian. You have to get past the smell, but the taste and texture is divine!

Peas - they don't taste like they look
Offal - there's a reason the word sounds like awful

N.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:04 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be cheese but had a bit of a Road to Damascus moment last year when my dad was in hospital after a heart attack. A bit of cheese and crackers with a good red wine or port is just marvellous.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Artichoke.

Close your eyes and you don't know whether what you're eating is animal, vegetable or mineral.........

Kiwi fruit.

The world's most overated foodstuff.... like sweetened vomit..........

(and in this part of the world)

Chicken sausages.

No explanation neeeded, I hope.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Melons of all types and stripes. Slimy, disgusting and with an awful smell. My parents put salt and pepper on melon slices. *gags*
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:45 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Artichoke.

Close your eyes and you don't know whether what you're eating is animal, vegetable or mineral.........

Kiwi fruit.

The world's most overated foodstuff.... like sweetened vomit..........

(and in this part of the world)

Chicken sausages.

No explanation neeeded, I hope.
Similar to chicken sausages...beef bacon. I defy anyone to eat it without looking like a dog trying to eat a toffee.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:28 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Kumquats
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

aubergines, turnips and parsnips- I can't bite them as the texture makes me gag

Soup- only soup I can eat is cream of tomoato by Heinz- again its the texture that makes me gag.

cabbage that is boiled to death-actually cabbage cooked at all- blurgh

turkey bacon- its simply not bacon

cinamon- instant gag reflex- and when they sneak it into food it upsets me- you get a mouthful and then cant get rid of the taste

Anaceed and liquorish- two of the worst flavors ever- both utterly revolting.

Steak tartar- its baiscally raw mince meat- ewww

Smoked haddock- oh dear god- just the smell is enough to make me hurl

Pate- another texture thing

oo i could go on and on!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

and ok this isnt strictly food but bad table manners- especialy people that make noise when they eat- it really upsets me- to the point of I have to leave the dining table - for a long time i couldnt watch people eat as it used to repulse me- I seem to have got over that but if someone eats with their mouth open it absolutely horrifies me. This has ended a couple of dates quite sharply!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
and ok this isnt strictly food but bad table manners- especialy people that make noise when they eat- it really upsets me- to the point of I have to leave the dining table - for a long time i couldnt watch people eat as it used to repulse me- I seem to have got over that but if someone eats with their mouth open it absolutely horrifies me. This has ended a couple of dates quite sharply!
Have you got a few food "Issues" kitty...
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

very possibly Kix- have most of them at bay these days but noisy eaters still turn my stomach- you should hear my brother eat cornflakes- he sucks the milk off then squelches them around in his mouth- urgh its disgusting!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:26 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm almost totally omniverous--but chicken feet and ducks tongues? They weren't meant to be eaten, surely. And miniature octopi with heads the size of golf balls and tentacles 1cm long, boiled--now they're not nice. Pan-fried scorpions don't taste of much.

Meringue: oh yes, Eton Mess and Pavlova.
Eggs: even raw
Aubergine: sliced, sprinkled with salt and left to dry in kitchen paper, then pan fried in olive oil; and the Arabic mush of it
Oysters: only deep fried
Tomatoes: best with buffalo cheese
Tofu: fried; raw with soya sauce and wasabi; mixed with minced beef
Tuna: a nice steak, seared on the outside and raw on the inside; tinned, mixed with tinned toms, warmed and on wholemeal toast
Mushrooms: preferably raw

But to be permanently consigned to Room 101: The Big Mac. Although I'm not sure it can really be classifed as food.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Veggie here, so obviously meat and fish can happily be shipped off to room 101.

For me though raw tomato is a gip-maker, cannot stand the feel of them, the skin or the seeds... bleurgghhh even thinking about them. Can eat tomato sauces/sundried tomato, but not chunks (bleurgh) of them.

Mushrooms unless chopped up really small so I don't know they are there and there aren't enough of them to give a strong flavour. Was a bit difficult being a veggie 20 odd years ago as the choices tended to be mushroom stroganoff or starve.

Peaches/nectarines, anything that is hairy... yuk!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tried these?

Room 101 - Food-bitter-gourd.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.