Room 101 - Cars

Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Room 101 - Cars

This

or this

and I guarantee in 18 months time JBR walk will be clogged with the effing things.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

The Maz doesn't look half bad but similarities to the Q35/Q50

The Bentley is just plain butt ugly!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
The Maz doesn't look half bad but similarities to the Q35/Q50

The Bentley is just plain butt ugly!
Maserati plan to make it on the same production line as Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos - I rest my case.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob

and I guarantee in 18 months time JBR walk will be clogged with the effing things.
A Bentley SUV screams Dubai (and the rest of the rich Gulf states).
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I have two kids and I reckoned I will not need a 7 seat XC90 so I bought a 5 seater and saved a few quid. I have come to regret this decision on several occasions. Whenever my parents or wife's parents visit we're ****ed and need to go about like a convoy.
My Mrs drives a 5 seat XC90.

Just sayin.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I was considering Fortuner or a Prado but then I realised they only come with front airbags here. Looks like it's going to be an Armada this time. Wins on price, road presence and space.
Came very close to buying the Armada. Just put off by the size of the thing. It's ridiculous.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Came very close to buying the Armada. Just put off by the size of the thing. It's ridiculous.

That's why it's called the Armada
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
That's why it's called the Armada
No shit.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You dodged the bullet there mate. The tyres on that thing cost a fortune - 1800Dh a piece.

Still, I'm trying to understand why 2 "single" people with no kids need the ability to transport 14 people. Living the dream... or maybe a safe contingency plan of transporting workers if the recruitment business goes south? Obviously, I'm on thin ice here and I know it.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

this thread has proved my point
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You dodged the bullet there mate. The tyres on that thing cost a fortune - 1800Dh a piece.

Still, I'm trying to understand why 2 "single" people with no kids need the ability to transport 14 people. Living the dream... or maybe a safe contingency plan of transporting workers if the recruitment business goes south? Obviously, I'm on thin ice here and I know it.
I wanted a big car without being stupid. I wouldn't pay for a 4l 4x4 in the UK ever unless I had silly money. So out here, it's cheaper than my Lancer hire car and therefore a bit of a no brainer.

Reccruitment business go South? Are you kidding me, this is the best career in the world and opportunities are endless and theres loads of work and theres loads of money and and and.....

My mrs wanted something big and safe. She gets wet over Volvo's for some reason so when hers came up in her budget it was well worth getting. She wants to be safe too and apparently they turn into bouncy castles on the inside if you crash.

All that being said, I see your point, it is stupid but from my place in business bay she drives to Mirdiff and I drive to Internet City and wherever else I need to go (AD tomorrow morning, Sharjah next week etc).
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

International MXT, lots of potentional. Enough room for 5 or 6 people. Towing, hauling and all round off road thrashing. Cost is something around $77,000
Old Mar 21st 2012, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

scamp - there is a deal on cobone for tinting. I think you could get the exploader done with 3M for 500AED. Also, for 99AED there is a fat and cellulite reducing massage. Just saying.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
scamp - there is a deal on cobone for tinting. I think you could get the exploader done with 3M for 500AED. Also, for 99AED there is a fat and cellulite reducing massage. Just saying.
Today's cobone? They end up in my ****ing email filter.

Bastards don't trust me it seems.

Fat and cellulite reducing massage? I'm in there like swimwear.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:15 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

I have two kids and I reckoned I will not need a 7 seat XC90 so I bought a 5 seater and saved a few quid. I have come to regret this decision on several occasions. Whenever my parents or wife's parents visit we're ****ed and need to go about like a convoy.
Erm, I've got the V8 7 seater (3rd hand, 50k on clock, 60k AED cost), and 2 kids, and erm, yes, with folks, it's rather handy.

Last edited by OriginalSunshine; Mar 21st 2012 at 5:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.