Room 101

Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
People who bring their rugrats to work.

For the past 3 hours I've been listening to an 11 month old shrieking the place down.
And...

People who choose to have kids, maybe even more than just one or two and then spend their entire waking day moaning about kids and telling you how hard it is to have kids.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:35 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
And...

People who choose to have kids, maybe even more than just one or two and then spend their entire waking day moaning about kids and telling you how hard it is to have kids.
Spot on
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

And...

People who don't have kids who think it's easy to have kids.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
People who don't have kids who think it's easy to have kids.
Nobody who doesn't have kids thinks it's easy......They're reminded every time they meet someone who has kids already that it's the hardest thing on earth etc.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

At a till in Park & Shop DIP yesterday when three women stood behind me. I was still putting shopping on the belt when one of them stood in front of me and put her stuff down between mine.

I looked at her in a ‘what the hell do you think you’re doing” kind of way. She just giggled and said “it’s ok”. I got hold of her shopping and put it behind mine.

I don’t think it was the Aldi effect when someone doesn’t have a lot to be scanned so they’re let in front (the lady on the till was still scanning my shopping).
I don’t think she was wanting me to pay for her stuff because she’d already got her money ready.

I’m still trying to figure it out.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Did she have blond hair?

At a till in Park & Shop DIP yesterday when three women stood behind me. I was still putting shopping on the belt when one of them stood in front of me and put her stuff down between mine.

I looked at her in a ‘what the hell do you think you’re doing” kind of way. She just giggled and said “it’s ok”. I got hold of her shopping and put it behind mine.

I don’t think it was the Aldi effect when someone doesn’t have a lot to be scanned so they’re let in front (the lady on the till was still scanning my shopping).
I don’t think she was wanting me to pay for her stuff because she’d already got her money ready.

Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Good on you. I'd say it makes a difference but it probably doesn't. These people (rude people) will always push in or be rude if they can get away with it.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Slopey ****ing shoulders in work.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Have we done people walking around malls talking very loudly into their phone while wearing a hearing aid thingy.

If not right in.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Slopey ****ing shoulders in work.
Ahhh the old teflon shoulders...... we have one of those in our team which is a massive shame as hes something of an industry genius and he really doesn't need to be such a fanny!
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ahhh the old teflon shoulders...... we have one of those in our team which is a massive shame as hes something of an industry genius and he really doesn't need to be such a fanny!
It's all the most senior people too. They're bollock-less ****tards who are just terrified.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's all the most senior people too. They're bollock-less ****tards who are just terrified.
Well, to be logical, it's pretty pointless having teflon coating if you're at the bottom of the pile because there's nowhere lower for the shit to fall.

Most aren't terrified -- just callous, out of touch, and willing to chuck any empathy they ever felt out of the window.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Well, to be logical, it's pretty pointless having teflon coating if you're at the bottom of the pile because there's nowhere lower for the shit to fall.

Most aren't terrified -- just callous, out of touch, and willing to chuck any empathy they ever felt out of the window.
True, but the slippery nature of letting middle managers make decisions and then blaming them or taking the credit is just ****ing pathetic. It's all far too prevalent at the moment.

The market's a bit tough, people need wins and to be secure so they're happy dodging bullets, pointing fingers and claiming successes that aren't theirs. Real shame.

Got told to be careful earlier this week by my boss, even if he did laugh originally....I asked for some help on behalf of a junior person on a project. I couldn't answer the question because I didn't know for sure. Asked a senior person and the response was "not my problem". I was pretty surprised and don't get on with this bell end at the best of times but said it was for so-and-so and we needed some help because I think the answer is X and need to be sure...response..."I just said, not my problem", delivered with a big grin and a **** off kind of attitude that arrogance provides in heaps.

I got a chuckle from the boss because I just stood there and muttered "**** it. I'll just guess then if you can't be bothered".

He was pretty unhappy but when my boss laughed at his blustering and chest puffing after the indignation of me responding at all, and when another ops director listening laughed he had no choice but to back down and help by providing a two word answer.

Got me back yesterday by peppering me for no reason in front of a few people though so got to be careful of these pricks.

This week can't end soon enough...
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have a colleague who I call Teflon openly, especially to his face.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Bad posture - can't stand it. Even mentioned to the missus that we wouldn't be together if she had a hunch. Or scraping the feet whilst walking (seems to be particularly prevalent amongst the Filipino community...)

I think I just get annoyed by a complete lack of care by an individual. In the way you carry yourself, deal with others and practice common courtesy (especially on the roads!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.