Room 101

Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by norsk
I'm going back to UK. Marlow to be specific..
All I need is a council house, every benefit possible and then I'm set!
You'll be pining for fyords before long.

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2016, 9:05 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You'll be pining for fyords before long.

Good luck
Actually there is nothing I would like less than move back to Norway...

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Convert to Islam, pop out eight kids and it'll all come flocking to you

Good luck back in the UK, mate. A cold, damp, peculiar place everyone has a love/hate relationship with
I think I will settle for a tax-paying job all things considered. I just couldn't face having 8 kids I think.

It's funny but I have gradually got used to the fact and not that bothered about the cold. Also I have a massive love/hate relationship with Dubai (and the last couple of years the love has shrank).
Old Dec 18th 2016, 4:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Good luck Norsk.......you splitter!
Old Dec 18th 2016, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I'm going back to UK. Marlow to be specific..
All I need is a council house, every benefit possible and then I'm set!
Nice part of the UK.

Good luck with the move and resettlement to civilization.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

People expecting full working effort this week in the run up to Christmas.

^ Straight in

Also, working for a UK company but not getting Xmas Day or Boxing Day as a free holiday (yes, I know I benefit from Islamic holidays, but that's not the point).

^ Straight in
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

^ Straight in

Also, working for a UK company but not getting Xmas Day or Boxing Day as a free holiday (yes, I know I benefit from Islamic holidays, but that's not the point).

^ Straight in
Agreed x 2.

I'm already on my Xmas slowdown!

As for Xmas day, yes I will be in the office but I will be at the bar by 12.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Agreed x 2.

I'm already on my Xmas slowdown!

As for Xmas day, yes I will be in the office but I will be at the bar by 12.
I'm flying back Wednesday morning. Few days with Dad, Xmas with Mum and Granny, Saints at home to Spurs with Dad, fly back for NYE. Perfect.

2 full days left.
2 full working days of doing nothing.
2 full working days of pretending to do stuff whilst secretly doing nothing.
2 full working days of actually doing stuff because pretending to do stuff is boring and doing nothing is boring so may as well do stuff.

2 full working days left then.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying back Wednesday morning. Few days with Dad, Xmas with Mum and Granny, Saints at home to Spurs with Dad, fly back for NYE. Perfect.

2 full days left.
2 full working days of doing nothing.
2 full working days of pretending to do stuff whilst secretly doing nothing.
2 full working days of actually doing stuff because pretending to do stuff is boring and doing nothing is boring so may as well do stuff.

2 full working days left then.
Going by the amount you post on here I wasn't aware you actually did do anything!
Old Dec 19th 2016, 3:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Going by the amount you post on here I wasn't aware you actually did do anything!
Multi-tasking God....Two screens helps.

This forum sort of keeps me sane at times. It's a semi-private sounding board where you can rant and rave about shit and can also have a chat with people about other shit / current affairs shit / funny shit. You know.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

^ Straight in

^ Straight in
I've been allowed to have Christmas Day off for "free" but had to use some annual leave for Boxing Day and the 27th.

Going to Jebel Ali Club on Christmas Eve for free mulled wine and mince pies, then brunch at the JBR Movenpick on the big day.

Still can't get as excited as I did back home but it's better than nowt.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 6:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
I've been allowed to have Christmas Day off for "free" but had to use some annual leave for Boxing Day and the 27th.

Going to Jebel Ali Club on Christmas Eve for free mulled wine and mince pies, then brunch at the JBR Movenpick on the big day.

Still can't get as excited as I did back home but it's better than nowt.
I'll be back in Blighty at my Mum's for Xmas Day and Boxing Day.

Can't wait, fly on Wednesday morning and keen to get out and get home for a bit. Maybe it's just the holiday but genuinely quite excited.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

I'll be back in Blighty at my Mum's for Xmas Day and Boxing Day.

Can't wait, fly on Wednesday morning and keen to get out and get home for a bit. Maybe it's just the holiday but genuinely quite excited.
Sounds lovely. Be great if we could go home for Christmas.

We used to go to my mum and dad's or they'd come to us on Christmas Day. Hubby and dad always went to the local WMC while me and mum would have a drink or five when doing the dinner. The next morning we'd drive to the in laws for a Boxing Day buffet.

Miss those days

Yep, away from family at this time of year - into 101
Old Dec 19th 2016, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Sounds lovely. Be great if we could go home for Christmas.

We used to go to my mum and dad's or they'd come to us on Christmas Day. Hubby and dad always went to the local WMC while me and mum would have a drink or five when doing the dinner. The next morning we'd drive to the in laws for a Boxing Day buffet.

Miss those days

Yep, away from family at this time of year - into 101
Agreed, being apart from family at Christmas is straight in.

Only shitter is that my Mrs and I don't see each other at all over the week-two weeks we're back....which does suck.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 10:05 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Norsk.......you splitter!
Originally Posted by Millhouse
Nice part of the UK.

Good luck with the move and resettlement to civilization.
Thanks guys!
Old Dec 20th 2016, 10:27 am
Account Closed

One of the mobile phone providers out here can go straight in.

Long story short is impossible, it is a genuinely long story and very boring but they're going in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.