Room 101

Old Jan 2nd 2017, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Frozen Veg.
Carrefour because it always smells like fart.
UAE news channels with 15 minute VTs of Sheik Mo shaking hands with a line up of at least 200 men in robes who never crack a smile.
Having to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight just to sit in duty free bored shitless.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
People who say 'thank you in advance'

By the way, I strongly suspect Scamp isn't in recruitment. It's just a charade. That he writes too well gives him away.
You're too kind. But wrong. I am.

Originally Posted by Meow
2016. Way too many deaths of good celebrities.

(I really hope Sir David Attenborough is swathed in bubble wrap in a safe room somewhere until 1st Jan.)
I couldn't decide if the loss of a great like Sir David would be the nail in the coffin of 2016 or would potentially start another year on a huge downer.

Perhaps we just hope he lives forever and keeps making Planet Earth?

Originally Posted by BEVS
& people who say " It's nothing personal" when it obviously damn well is very mean and personal.
Originally Posted by ChumleyWarner
Cables - never remain untangled
Congestion is a tax on your life
People who think vacuousness is seemingly the new black
Originally Posted by Arcadia
Frozen Veg.
Carrefour because it always smells like fart.
UAE news channels with 15 minute VTs of Sheik Mo shaking hands with a line up of at least 200 men in robes who never crack a smile.
Having to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight just to sit in duty free bored shitless.
Yes to all of these.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 5:17 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

People in big SUVs who go slowly over speed humps like they're driving a $1m Veyron or something. Tw@ts
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

People who open a door the very barest amount necessary then shuffle through sideways, even when they know there's someone else walking right behind the.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
People in big SUVs who go slowly over speed humps like they're driving a $1m Veyron or something. Tw@ts

Originally Posted by Big_Show
People who open a door the very barest amount necessary then shuffle through sideways, even when they know there's someone else walking right behind the.
Or those who slip through the gap as it's closing because it's totally beneath them or too much effort to just grab it. Then they wonder why you call them a ****.....bizarre.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

****ers who get out of their car and bang their door into the side of yours. Uber pricks!
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
****ers who get out of their car and bang their door into the side of yours. Uber pricks!
Especially when you're in the car....get out, ask them why they did that, only to be told that "it doesn't matter, it's not a problem".

Oh god. I've made myself angry again.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Especially when you're in the car....get out, ask them why they did that, only to be told that "it doesn't matter, it's not a problem".

Oh god. I've made myself angry again.
Totally. I do have to admit I love shaming people who do stupid stuff like this. Like saying very loudly to the local guys who think they don't have to queue in the petrol station "EXCUSE ME, THERE IS A QUEUE HERE"....
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Totally. I do have to admit I love shaming people who do stupid stuff like this. Like saying very loudly to the local guys who think they don't have to queue in the petrol station "EXCUSE ME, THERE IS A QUEUE HERE"....
I do and I don't. Sometimes I just cannot be bothered and I often find the polite but firm level you example perfectly is a very hard thing for me to find.

I generally go from silent tutting and a build of secret anger and very personal insults in my head about the perpetrator to full blown "OI, DICKHEAD"....with no room in between for a calm but firm approach.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I do and I don't. Sometimes I just cannot be bothered and I often find the polite but firm level you example perfectly is a very hard thing for me to find.

I generally go from silent tutting and a build of secret anger and very personal insults in my head about the perpetrator to full blown "OI, DICKHEAD"....with no room in between for a calm but firm approach.
Ha ha. I must admit that sometimes although less so these days I'm the same, unfortunately if you do go down that route that's when you end up in trouble over here...... but if you do stick to the firm and polite approach they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Stiff upper lip and all that old chap....
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. I must admit that sometimes although less so these days I'm the same, unfortunately if you do go down that route that's when you end up in trouble over here...... but if you do stick to the firm and polite approach they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Calm and very firm and I give them The Look. The Look usually works.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:13 am
Account Closed

I'm getting better but I do find it hard sometimes. I find I might overreact a touch and shout when a politer approach would have been sufficient.

Still, we all have our faults.

Originally Posted by Meow
Calm and very firm and I give them The Look. The Look usually works.
The Look - a tool my Mum can still use successfully with me today.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:16 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Italians in old Fiats that actually stop dead still at speed bumps to then drive over them very slowly in first gear like they're driving a $1m Veyron or something. Tw@ts
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Since we're complaining about behaviours on here.

Just back from 10 days in France. Have to admit people in Paris and the provinces were noticeably pleasant. Young people got up to let my mum sit down on the busses / metro (a number of times), an elderly Frenchman helped may dad sort out a jammed metro ticket. Museum and restaurant staff were pleasant, helpful and even, gasp, smiled. Cars stopped to let you cross the streets. People were clean and well-dressed. There was a level of public courteousness that was evident everywhere we went.

In short, France is NOT going into Room 101 (sorry Farage, but this is one area where France trumps the UK).
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Since we're complaining about behaviours on here.

Just back from 10 days in France. Have to admit people in Paris and the provinces were noticeably pleasant. Young people got up to let my mum sit down on the busses / metro (a number of times), an elderly Frenchman helped may dad sort out a jammed metro ticket. Museum and restaurant staff were pleasant, helpful and even, gasp, smiled. Cars stopped to let you cross the streets. People were clean and well-dressed. There was a level of public courteousness that was evident everywhere we went.

In short, France is NOT going into Room 101 (sorry Farage, but this is one area where France trumps the UK).
So what you are saying is that all those migrants have really improved the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.