Room 101

Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by The Dean
You rated Planes Trains and Automobiles highly??? It even had John Candy in it, to make it even worse........

OK it's agreed - there are positive votes for Martin and Ferrell - so Cosby (my preferred choice anyway) goes into Room 101.
Amen.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:35 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Re Financial Advisers - Take a read of this, from Greg Smith who is resigning today as a Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the firm's United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Basically a bloody well paid Financial Adviser.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=925225&f=28&p=0
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Re Financial Advisers - Take a read of this, from Greg Smith who is resigning today as a Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the firm's United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Basically a bloody well paid Financial Adviser.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=925225&f=28&p=0
"Make the client the focal point of your business again. Without clients you will not make money. In fact, you will not exist. Weed out the morally bankrupt people, no matter how much money they make for the firm. And get the culture right again, so people want to work here for the right reasons. People who care only about making money will not sustain this firm - or the trust of its clients - for very much longer"

Amen to that.

Kix, we aren't all cowboys you know. Some of us do care and practice proper holistic financial planning, rather than flogging unsuitable savings plans.

But can we get back to slagging off celebrities as that's more fun?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
"Make the client the focal point of your business again. Without clients you will not make money. In fact, you will not exist. Weed out the morally bankrupt people, no matter how much money they make for the firm. And get the culture right again, so people want to work here for the right reasons. People who care only about making money will not sustain this firm - or the trust of its clients - for very much longer"

Amen to that.

Kix, we aren't all cowboys you know. Some of us do care and practice proper holistic financial planning, rather than flogging unsuitable savings plans.

But can we get back to slagging off celebrities as that's more fun?
James Blunt; he's just an idiot. He knows that he is hated and thinks it's funny and jokes about it.

It isn't funny. You're a twat. Just go away.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:52 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'll put that down to youth. Try:
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Father of the Bride
Pennies from Heaven

Although I have to agree his recent stuff has been shite.
The Man With Two Brains
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
The Jerk

All classics - from then on he went a bit shit really...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:55 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

(OK, sorry Pussycat, forgot it was celebs, just saw the GS resignation letter earlier)

Chantelle Houghton - thick as shit, tries to look demure like Paris Hilton, fails, tart!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
(OK, sorry Pussycat, forgot it was celebs, just saw the GS resignation letter earlier)

Chantelle Houghton - thick as shit, tries to look demure like Paris Hilton, fails, tart!
Paris Hilton, demure?

Really?
Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Not the George Orwell book, but the current TV show.

Let's try and get some conversation going. I will pick a category each day and you lot have to pick your suggestion to be consigned to history, with an explanation. Got it?

Today's category is 'A celebrity'

My choice is Lulu. I absolutely loathe the short, shouty, ginger Scottish dwarf who hasn't had a decent record since 1974 (ignoring when she shagged half of take That) yet still releases albums on a regular basis. I want to know who on earth buys them. She has clearly had so much plastic surgery it's a wonder she can still 'sing'.

Even typing that about the vile harridan makes me feel a bit stabby.

Anyway, your choice plus explanation please, in the category of 'a celebrity'.
Paula ****ing Dean. Do I need to give an explanation for that fat cow?
Old Mar 17th 2012, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Do you mean Paula Deen (I had to Google her anyway)? My 10 seconds of Googling suggest she's fat due to type-2 diabetes........

What's your problem with someone most people on here will have never heard of?
Old Mar 17th 2012, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone from Big Brother and other reallity tv shows that are famous for 5 minutes and think they are the bees knees (never really understood that saying- why are the bees knees so good?). Anyway all crappy z listers and anyone that is famous for pretty much nothing- the Hiltons, Kardashians, all of that shit. The world was a better place before we had reality tv!

Also Jordan, Jodie Marsh, anyother silicon enhanced bore.

Basically anyone that regularly gets featured in heat magazine.

Can I also include heat magazine and other gossip mags- its kind of celeb related- I absolutely hate them, I used to enjoy going into whsmith- now its rows and rows of gossip mags that have created a national obsession with nobodies- once upon a time people were famous for actually doing something. And seeing that I am adding gossip magazines I'm going to include reality tv shows as well. all of them , even the jungle one-although the apprentice can stay.

erm what else- ooo can I put in celeb clothing ranges. Ranges that are 'designed' by a celebrity - right of course they are, bin them please Meow! Actually all Celebrity endorsements, unless they make nice really creative commercials like the Baz Luhrman Chanel one with Nicole Kidman and the Dior one with Charlize Theron - they can stay-( and anything with Ryan reynolds in it is ok too) everything else- such as because your worth it can go please.

Oh and the nolan woman from loose women- she winds me up, actually all the women from loose women.

Who else... Vanessa Paradis- so then Jonny Depp would be mine and Hugh Jackmans wife for the same reason.

I think thats it. actually I'm sure it isn't I shall come back with more once I've thought about it.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
That annoying American woman who cooks food that will give you a heart attack and the worst ever American accent?

If that's the one you mean, she's straight in!
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

financial advisors hassling you while you're trying to watch the bairn play football
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:33 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Sandboy
charlatan salespeople hassling you while you're trying to watch the bairn play football
Slight amendment there. Proper advisers don't cold call and should know better than to call anyone during sporting fixtures!

Flipping amateurs!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Slight amendment there. Proper advisers don't cold call and should know better than to call anyone during sporting fixtures!

Flipping amateurs!
it was your bloody lot - win an ipad by simply giving us every little detail about your life and we promise we won't use it honest !
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Who else... Vanessa Paradis- so then Jonny Depp would be mine
I think they're going through a divorce nowadays