Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Romance....a dying art !

Romance....a dying art !

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:07 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romance....a dying art !

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Your marbles????
others...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:10 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
others...
Are you being deliberately vague???
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if I tell mine I love him he normally thinks I am after more cash
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:15 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if I tell mine I love him he normally thinks I am after more cash
I think thats an automatic Scottish reaction to any kind of attention..... Certainly is for me....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think thats an automatic Scottish reaction to any kind of attention..... Certainly is for me....
yes you could be right there, I forgot about the Scottish bit
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I love you...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:34 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Confucius
I love you...
Usually I would ask 'What are you wanting?', but Im pretty sure I know, and the answer is no....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Usually I would ask 'What are you wanting?', but Im pretty sure I know, and the answer is no....
Tight bastard...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:39 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Tight bastard...
Don't try and get round me with compliments, it still aint happening...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't try and get round me with compliments, it still aint happening...
That phrase always worked with girls...Hmmm...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:41 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

That phrase always worked with girls...Hmmm...
Lemme try that one tonight.....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lemme try that one tonight.....
Just heard you're in Texas...You must wear cowboy boots for that phrase to work, pilgrim...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:46 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Just heard you're in Texas...You must wear cowboy boots for that phrase to work, pilgrim...
Well, they do go very well with the leather chaps....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:54 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they do go very well with the leather chaps....
hanging out with a group of Hells' Angels now are you ?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I was thinking.....I reckon romancing the one you love is a dying art, many things that were once looked upon with fondness and warmth are now seen as corny and outdated.

Maybe it's a lot to do with sexual equality and men don't know how to act with women anymore, mistakenly thinking that romance is somehow chauvinistic.

Chivalry has gone a similar way for the same reason.

For instance, when was the last time you saw a man give up his seat for a woman on the train or bus, it certainly isn't a regular occurrence and if you did offer it to a young able bodied female, there is a good chance she would take offence and an even bigger chance she'd think it of it as weird.

I have a theory that men don't want it to be this way and women certainly don't, we all yearn for the days when we could write a poem or love letter and not be thought of as sad and pathetic by our peers.

We long for a time when we wouldn't be embarrassed being seen by our mates carrying a bunch of flowers for the one that held the key to our hearts.

Well my fellow BE'ers it's time to stand up for what we want, it's time to put the shyness and embarrassment behind us, it's time to share our feelings with those that we love and who love us.

So stand up for the woman on the train on your way home tonight, do something romantic for the one you love, at the very least tell them you love them. Text them now and see what response you get.

And pass on the most romantic thing you have done so that other BE'ers can follow your lead and grab romance back from those that would see this art die.

So, over to you Casanovas.....and I thank you for listening !

Yours,
Bangleman
I adore romance - poems, love songs, loving messages, being wooed and treated beautifully. Romance often seems to get lost or put aside at the expense of daily stresses and demands.

Another problem with many people is they end up married and romance is thought to be unnecessary.

Or, it takes too much effort - being wooed and romanced needs time and effort - but the results are so worth it.

Romance should never be allowed to die

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.