Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Romance....a dying art !

Romance....a dying art !

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:47 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romance....a dying art !

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
I adore romance - poems, love songs, loving messages, being wooed and treated beautifully. Romance often seems to get lost or put aside at the expense of daily stresses and demands.

Another problem with many people is they end up married and romance is thought to be unnecessary.

Or, it takes too much effort - being wooed and romanced needs time and effort - but the results are so worth it.

Romance should never be allowed to die

Thing is Squirtle, most famous love poems,songs, messages were resultant from tragedies.Broken hearts, starcrossed lovers, cups of hemlock blah blah.Authors of same such as Byron and Shelley(not Mary) etc were all kinda depressives..
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day
Thou art more lovely and more temperate
nkvnoiosdnvnnsonpnvs darling buds of may
cnnsdvfidfonpnsdnsfviodspsnvo bla bla
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:53 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I adore romance - poems, love songs, loving messages, being wooed and treated beautifully. Romance often seems to get lost or put aside at the expense of daily stresses and demands.

Another problem with many people is they end up married and romance is thought to be unnecessary.

Or, it takes too much effort - being wooed and romanced needs time and effort - but the results are so worth it.

I totally agree, it should be strangled at the first opportune moment. It only interferes with beer, TV and pretzels.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
I totally agree, it should be strangled at the first opportune moment. It only interferes with beer, TV and pretzels.
Did you ever get yourself a shelter for your bike? I wonder because Missus Roadking told me that it was actually a lean-to bedroom you was after. She said that since you had strangled romance she could no longer put up with your sleep apnoeia . The tennis ball down the back of your pyjamas wasn't working so it was outside for you, without airconditioning, a supply of lukewarm beer, tv but no Sky Sports and soggy pretzels.

The gorgeous bike on the other hand, sleeps next to her and gets lovingly polished every day.

Better resuscitate the strangled romance..............
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever get yourself a shelter for your bike? I wonder because Missus Roadking told me that it was actually a lean-to bedroom you was after. She said that since you had strangled romance she could no longer put up with your sleep apnoeia . The tennis ball down the back of your pyjamas wasn't working so it was outside for you, without airconditioning, a supply of lukewarm beer, tv but no Sky Sports and soggy pretzels.

The gorgeous bike on the other hand, sleeps next to her and gets lovingly polished every day.

A bit harsh, non???
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Thing is Squirtle, most famous love poems,songs, messages were resultant from tragedies.Broken hearts, starcrossed lovers, cups of hemlock blah blah.Authors of same such as Byron and Shelley(not Mary) etc were all kinda depressives..
Sadly true - I adore Tristan and Isolde - the book NOT the film and it was beautiful but so tragic.

But somehow a night out at the Bingo with a bottle of Pomagne and a bag of pork scratchings doesn't breathe romance..............

I was once told my fortune by a very old Lebanese woman at the former Chicago Beach Hotel. Long story short, she said I was in love with being in love and bowled over by romance............
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
A bit harsh, non???
Didn't you know? I'm his sister, he was mean to me when we were growing up and now I can get my own back. He knows I love him really though!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Didn't you know? I'm his sister, he was mean to me when we were growing up and now I can get my own back. He knows I love him really though!
Whatever you say, Lisa Simpson...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day
Thou art more lovely and more temperate
nkvnoiosdnvnnsonpnvs darling buds of may
cnnsdvfidfonpnsdnsfviodspsnvo bla bla

Get away with you!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Get away with you!!
I think it ends with spaceship...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:23 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Hah! Mrs RK told you nuffink cos she is in the kitchen chained to the sink where she be appiest. I know how to look after the ones what loves me.
But now that you ask, no, I didn't get a reasonable answer to my request for a bike shelter. Some people suggested a TENT, ffs. How would Mrs RK feel if my bike had a tent when she has been asking for one for years. She claims it's a bit cramped under the stairs. I think it's just jumeirah jane syndrome and we can't have that!
lukewarm beer, hmmmm, soggy pretzels, hmmmm, Sky Sports, hunh? SPORTS?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:36 pm
If I have to explain...

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Squirty I saw this earlier and thought of you....

Load of all crock if ya ask me....

kidding,I nearly put it in the crying thread
aaaaaw