Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Roman Polanski - is time an excuse?

Roman Polanski - is time an excuse?

Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:17 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice
Default Roman Polanski - is time an excuse?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6854480.ece

http://archive.timesonline.co.uk/tol...-1977-03-14-09

He is wanted for fleeing bail 30 years ago to avoid sentencing after admitting unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

My view is that he should be strung up, famous or not - there is no greater crime.

Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:50 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roman Polanski - is time an excuse?

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsden

He is wanted for fleeing bail 30 years ago to avoid sentencing after admitting unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

My view is that he should be strung up, famous or not - there is no greater crime.

Fleeing bail? I'd say Homicide.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:53 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

He claims a plea bargain was proposed and accepted then reneged on. I'm not sure with the simple passing of time arguement...
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:17 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

More to this than meets the eye, I read an account in the Times yesterday by the girl (lady now) involved, it is obviously bringing it all back for her, her description of events was horrendous and time elapsed or not he should be punished for his crime, I just wonder why the authorities have suddenly acted, they would have had plenty of opportunity before now.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:53 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
More to this than meets the eye, I read an account in the Times yesterday by the girl (lady now) involved, it is obviously bringing it all back for her, her description of events was horrendous and time elapsed or not he should be punished for his crime, I just wonder why the authorities have suddenly acted, they would have had plenty of opportunity before now.
this article? pretty well written and thought provoking:-

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle6852993.ece
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:12 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Autonomy
this article? pretty well written and thought provoking:-

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle6852993.ece
Spot on guys - as quoted: “To those who have turned a blind eye: who are you to forgive? Would you if it was your child?”

I agree that they should have put this guy away a long, long time ago but the fact is he did a runner for a pre-meditated heinous crime. Whether he is in his seventies or twenties, celebrated director or not, he should pay for what he did - simple answer for me - children are sacred.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:13 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand that there is an issue at all...if he did it, he should be punished according to the law, regardless of who he is or what he has been through himself...
the whole circus around it, as to why now, why not sooner etc, what are the motives for Switserland to act etc etc just distracts from the actual event and is a separate matter as far as I am concerned...
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:14 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Originally Posted by MataHari
I don't understand that there is an issue at all...if he did it, he should be punished according to the law, regardless of who he is or what he has been through himself...
the whole circus around it, as to why now, why not sooner etc, what are the motives for Switserland to act etc etc just distracts from the actual event and is a separate matter as far as I am concerned...
Completely agree MH. Lock him up.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Hes a cretin of the first degree. It may not stack up in court but when you look at the theme of his movies, the manner in which his wife was murdered and then his penchant for young sexual partners and the circles he lives in...I would say he needs to be guillotined.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:26 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Wink Re: Roman Polanski - is time an excuse?

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Hes a cretin of the first degree. It may not stack up in court but when you look at the theme of his movies, the manner in which his wife was murdered and then his penchant for young sexual partners and the circles he lives in...I would say he needs to be guillotined.
Guillotine? Arguably too humane...? Love the strapline by the way - couldn't agree more:

"Too bad that all the people that know how to run this country are busy driving taxis and cutting hair." Not Dubai cab drivers and barbers though, surely...?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind sex with a 13 year old, you know he actually had anal sex with her? I mean holy shit come on, doesnt matter when it happened, send him away.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Guillotine? Arguably too humane...? Love the strapline by the way - couldn't agree more:

"Too bad that all the people that know how to run this country are busy driving taxis and cutting hair." Not Dubai cab drivers and barbers though, surely...?

It could be said my opinion is about as useful as a barbers shop on the steps of the guillotine but hey.....
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:43 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with all here ,hes a sex pest and should be treated as such .Do the crime do the time , he knew what he was doing ,just like the nazis did .no time limit on justice .
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:50 am