Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Role-playing games......

Role-playing games......

Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:30 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Role-playing games......

Originally Posted by MataHari
I like to pretend I am Scottish...apparently that would make me special, which makes a nice change...
..err...I think people usually see through your disguise
Attached Thumbnails Role-playing games......-mh_as_scottish.jpg  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:45 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one I have made up:

An interesting role game or exercise would be to have two teams, each of which will choose their own 'appointed' manager. Unbeknown to the two managers (who will be sent out of the room for a few moments), you get all the underlings in one team to disagree with their manager and all in the other team to agree completely with their manager.

Then compare notes in a group discussion and compare the efficacy of achieving their stated objectives, etc. Then you can let the poor sod (i.e., manager) who received all the negative comment in on the secret.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Here's one I have made up:

An interesting role game or exercise would be to have two teams, each of which will choose their own 'appointed' manager. Unbeknown to the two managers (who will be sent out of the room for a few moments), you get all the underlings in one team to disagree with their manager and all in the other team to agree completely with their manager.

Then compare notes in a group discussion and compare the efficacy of achieving their stated objectives, etc. Then you can let the poor sod (i.e., manager) who received all the negative comment in on the secret.
Haha - maybe I should make one up where the guys play Max, Bernie, Luca, Ross and Flav and see if they can agree how best to race cars around a track....

I don't think I'd be in my job much longer.....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Actually I never liked D&D and preferred other games like Vampire, Shadowrun and Warhammer...and we used to have our girlfriend's join us.
Were they real girls?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Were they real girls?

With all that dope and beer, the presence of girls would be largely academic - they're hardly aphrodisiacs, after all.....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
If anyone's interested - there is a quite horrific account of a delegate's experience of a "personal development" course (includes an account of red/black game):

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/eldon.br...ess/lgat2.html
What in the ****ing good name of God was that all about???????????? Is this what all you maturated management type people do with yourselves on long weekends or is it a mid life crisis thing?

OMG! I just realised this is almost exactly the same type of thing my friend just did last week! Its like a cult. She asked me to attend her "Presentation" and I said, no thankyou.

http://www.caic.org.au/index.php?opt...d=73&Itemid=12
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_Education

Weird as man... psychological activities being carried out by poorly trained speakers. Nothing more.

Last edited by AnotherWorld; Jun 17th 2009 at 2:51 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What in the ****ing good name of God was that all about???????????? Is this what all you maturated management type people do with yourselves on long weekends or is it a mid life crisis thing?

OMG! I just realised this is almost exactly the same type of thing my friend just did last week! Its like a cult. She asked me to attend her "Presentation" and I said, no thankyou.

http://www.caic.org.au/index.php?opt...d=73&Itemid=12
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_Education

Weird as man... psychological activities being carried out by poorly trained speakers. Nothing more.
Scary, eh??? I was particularly impressed by the woman who was made to recount being raped by her father; the entire thing being broadcast over a tannoy, followed by primal scream therapy......

I believe the underlying principle is claimed to be that you tear a person down psychologically so that you can re-build them properly... Property rennovation for the soul. Dig it.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:30 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Were they real girls?

Quite real...is it hard to believe some women have imaginations and can share hobbies with their boyfriends?

N.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

With all that dope and beer, the presence of girls would be largely academic - they're hardly aphrodisiacs, after all.....
When you're a teenager booze and pot doesn't really stop the soldier standing to attention

Especially given the fact that we were a lot more active than today's teenagers. I used to ride my bicycle 30-40 miles just to see friends in other towns and think nothing of it...bloody mad when I think about it now.

N.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

....sorry... just read SYB's disclaimer.... nothing to add... carry on....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - you have a point. Somehow World of Warcraft just ain't the same as sitting in a bedsit with a bunch of other guys without girlfriends rolling dice and pretending you're a wood elf with healing skills and stealth but no armour....
Oh i wish someone, somewhere,could ban or maybe hack their server or something and WoW would just disappear
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Oh i wish someone, somewhere,could ban or maybe hack their server or something and WoW would just disappear
Why are you addicted and need to go cold turkey?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree - I blame it for my son not doing very much for the past few years!!!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
I agree - I blame it for my son not doing very much for the past few years!!!
ha ha, ditto, sometimes it slips my mind to pay the internet bill, does that happen to you
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha, ditto, sometimes it slips my mind to pay the internet bill, does that happen to you
No can't do that as he has a flat he shares with his sister and she has just finished doing a marine biology degree so needs the internet. He has not lived at home since 18 and is nearly 22. But I do ban it when he came to visit! Number 3 lived at home with us and drove us mad with Championship Manager till we bought him a laptop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.