Rock Bottoms

Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rock Bottoms

Originally Posted by JulesinDXB
Rock Bottom in Bur Dubai is ok. Not liking the new one. Surprised they have a cover charge for the guys, that's lame.
I tried the buffet on Friday 21st. Only about 6 people there and whilst the selection of food was pretty restricted it was pleasant, but cold! Maybe still trying to sort out the bugs and get people in??
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if was brunching in that area, I would go the Millenium, their is really nice
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if was brunching in that area, I would go the Millenium, their is really nice
If I was brunching in that area, I would take a long hard look at myself and go somewhere else.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
If I was brunching in that area, I would take a long hard look at myself and go somewhere else.
it can be handy if you don't want to taxi all over town, Millenium is nice food
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

We know your reputation for skintness. Have you ever been to a Dubai brunch?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ethos83
it's EM not LH
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
No. A couple in AD when I was ultra bored. Not really my thing.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Dunno how I missed this thread! Spugsy, I'll have a word with them and find out what happened, that's not what they should be doing down there. Kumar and Raj won't be happy that people are being put off, and as for the cover charge. We know why they have that at some bars and it sounds like it's being exploited.
As it happens, I know that it is massively popular and raking money in at the moment.
I was in there last week and I agree with Spugsy its rubbish! The design is poor, there is no room to swing a cat, too many table, slow service and that is not mentioning the fact that they let me and my mate (both white) and tried to charge my other 4 mates (all Asian). The managers excuse was that they get people who come in and nurse a pint. Thats fine but my 4 mates are all British Asian and professional p1ss artists.

Rock Bottoms in Dubai is what it is and is fine every 6 months or so but I will never go back to this place!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I was in there last week and I agree with Spugsy its rubbish! The design is poor, there is no room to swing a cat, too many table, slow service and that is not mentioning the fact that they let me and my mate (both white) and tried to charge my other 4 mates (all Asian). The managers excuse was that they get people who come in and nurse a pint. Thats fine but my 4 mates are all British Asian and professional p1ss artists.

Rock Bottoms in Dubai is what it is and is fine every 6 months or so but I will never go back to this place!
Same thing happened when we had an ex pats night in the original RBs, they wouldn't let our british indian mate in until MM kicked up a fuss.