British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rock Bottoms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rock-bottoms-702200/)

Spugsy Jan 25th 2011 6:51 am

Rock Bottoms

Was in the Tecom one last night, and I can hand on heart, honestly say it's the worst bar I've EVER been in.

The indian barmen had cowboy hats on, the russian waitresses were munters, the food menu was appalling so I had nowt and all of the tables were reserved even thoguh it was empty - we sat in one and were told we had to move and we refused and she said 'oh you'll have to give the table up by midnight', it was 8.30.

Shit. Don't ever go.

Madam Medusa Jan 25th 2011 7:00 am

Re: Rock Bottoms

bet the rock bottoms in bur dubai is worse, lol...

MM, xx

benzonar Jan 25th 2011 7:04 am

We nearly went on Friday, but then we discovered a cover charge of 100dhs was wanted so we told them where to go. Sounds like we made the right choice.

The Dean Jan 25th 2011 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9126855)
Was in the Tecom one last night, and I can hand on heart, honestly say it's the worst bar I've EVER been in.

The indian barmen had cowboy hats on, the russian waitresses were munters, the food menu was appalling so I had nowt and all of the tables were reserved even thoguh it was empty - we sat in one and were told we had to move and we refused and she said 'oh you'll have to give the table up by midnight', it was 8.30.

Shit. Don't ever go.

Otherwise OK?

Ethos83 Jan 25th 2011 7:10 am

I just noticed the sign outside one of the shit looking hotels on the Hessa Street side of Tecom. Was wondering if it was worth checking out.

Anyone been to the bar in the Laylia hotel?

Spugsy Jan 25th 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9126865)
bet the rock bottoms in bur dubai is worse, lol...

MM, xx

I don';t mind that one to be fair, well when I'm plastered.

commander Jan 25th 2011 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9126944)
I don';t mind that one to be fair, well when I'm plastered.

yea, its only ever acceptable when plastered. I went there recently and sober. **** me it stunk to high heaven of BO and fags. Funny how you dont notice that when bawbagged.

JulesinDXB Jan 25th 2011 9:18 am

Rock Bottom in Bur Dubai is ok. Not liking the new one. Surprised they have a cover charge for the guys, that's lame.

Spugsy Jan 25th 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by JulesinDXB (Post 9127069)
Rock Bottom in Bur Dubai is ok. Not liking the new one. Surprised they have a cover charge for the guys, that's lame.

Wasn't a charge last night. I don't pay to get into bars anyway.

Bahtatboy Jan 25th 2011 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9127081)
Wasn't a charge last night. I don't pay to get into bars anyway.

I refuse to go anywhere that charges to get in. Having said that, Heroes (in AD) now charges AED50 to get in after 11 (I think), but you get 2 free pints. Considering that a pint normally costs AED29, I can't quite see the point. I haven't paid at the AP for over a year, the trick seeming to be just walk in as if you have the right to be there.

Spugsy Jan 25th 2011 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9127169)
I refuse to go anywhere that charges to get in. Having said that, Heroes (in AD) now charges AED50 to get in after 11 (I think), but you get 2 free pints. Considering that a pint normally costs AED29, I can't quite see the point. I haven't paid at the AP for over a year, the trick seeming to be just walk in as if you have the right to be there.

aye that serves me well almost anywhere over here, hardly anyone stops you - I'm on first name basis with the security guard at one of the towers that I go to to use their gym, I don't live there, just use the gym.

GuyinUAE Jan 30th 2011 3:03 pm

Dunno how I missed this thread! Spugsy, I'll have a word with them and find out what happened, that's not what they should be doing down there. Kumar and Raj won't be happy that people are being put off, and as for the cover charge. We know why they have that at some bars and it sounds like it's being exploited.
As it happens, I know that it is massively popular and raking money in at the moment.

Spugsy Jan 30th 2011 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE (Post 9139427)
Dunno how I missed this thread! Spugsy, I'll have a word with them and find out what happened, that's not what they should be doing down there. Kumar and Raj won't be happy that people are being put off, and as for the cover charge. We know why they have that at some bars and it sounds like it's being exploited.
As it happens, I know that it is massively popular and raking money in at the moment.

was dead as ***** when we were there, last monday night.

Millhouse Jan 31st 2011 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9127169)

... that method also works in the Trap. Just walk in and say hi like you own the place.

Millhouse Jan 31st 2011 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9127179)
I don't live there, just use the gym.

Good lad. I admire that kind of free-loading.