Rocco's off

Old Jun 24th 2013, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rocco's off

drove past the Rocco Forte last night by Zayed Sports City (Abu Dhabi) and all the Rocco Forte branding has gone. Hilton taking it over. That hotel never seemed to work for some reason.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rocco's off

It was announced a while ago. Basically when Rocco Forte signed the lease, they were promised that the area would develop in a way which it never ultimately did. There was a bittersweet quote from the manager which ran along the lines of "rather than museums and embassies, our only neighbour was a KFC" which made me laugh.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were talking about a new transfer scoop.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
It was announced a while ago. Basically when Rocco Forte signed the lease, they were promised that the area would develop in a way which it never ultimately did. There was a bittersweet quote from the manager which ran along the lines of "rather than museums and embassies, our only neighbour was a KFC" which made me laugh.
I ate there fairly soon after it had opened - one of the worst meals I've had here. Only 3 menus for the table of 10, small portions, cold food, wrong items delivered, and not cheap. Vowed I would never go back, and never did. I know others who had similar early days' experience.
Later I had a friend who stayed there, and said that she hardly slept due to the noise from the bar, which could be heard all around that end of the building.
Another friend stayed there and said it was like staying in a mausoleum - long empty corridors and hardly anyone around.
So, all in all, I rarely heard anything positive about the place, and wasn't surprised it never flourished.