Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Robbing Bar stewards

The Robbing Bar stewards

Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Robbing Bar stewards

Sooo.... I asked a company to give me a quote to cut all the dead fronds off my palm trees and dispose of them.... they sent me a quote for 1080dhs.. 480dhs to cut them down and 600 dhs to dispose of them.

I got up this morning and pulled most of them off the tree with my bare hands and I have left them on the ground for my gardener to pick up tomorrow and take them across the road to the bin, where they will stay until the bin men turn up and take them away...for nothing!!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Robbing Bar stewards-20130913_083333.jpg   The Robbing Bar stewards-20130913_083343.jpg  
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Robbing Bar stewards

Oh!!! and..... I asked them what they would charge to clean 5 windows..outside only.... 1000dhs!! suffice it to say..I won't be recommending them to anybody!!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Oh!!! and..... I asked them what they would charge to clean 5 windows..outside only.... 1000dhs!! suffice it to say..I won't be recommending them to anybody!!
What's that in real money?

Going rate down my way tends to be $350-400 for a small house...they really do take the mick with windows....what ever happened to the moonlighting firefighters that would do them for a fiver
Old Sep 13th 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo.... I asked a company to give me a quote to cut all the dead fronds off my palm trees and dispose of them.... they sent me a quote for 1080dhs.. 480dhs to cut them down and 600 dhs to dispose of them.

I got up this morning and pulled most of them off the tree with my bare hands and I have left them on the ground for my gardener to pick up tomorrow and take them across the road to the bin, where they will stay until the bin men turn up and take them away...for nothing!!!!
They thought you meant THE Palm..............
Old Sep 13th 2013, 6:24 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 13th 2013, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

^^^

---

What I hate most is paying a contractor and him doing an ugly shoddy job such that I got fed up and rented tools (concrete breaker) and did the bloody thing myself.

Had bamboo flooring put down for basement, the subcontractor didn't know the basic fact of wood flooring that one needs to leave expansion gaps at the ends; suffice it to say the floor is quite hilly. Can't get money back or get general contractor to fix it because he went bankrupt.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Sep 13th 2013 at 7:24 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My window cleaner gets a fiver.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

It never ceases to amaze me how much people are quoted for "easy" jobs Patsy.

I was once quoted 4,000 Dhs for putting a bit of emulsion on my apartment walls! I could have paid for a flight for my son to come from the UK and paint the walls for that, and give him a nice bit of pocket money.

1000dhs for 5 windows!..I get 6 windows done for £2.50 lol
Old Sep 14th 2013, 7:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
It never ceases to amaze me how much people are quoted for "easy" jobs Patsy.

I was once quoted 4,000 Dhs for putting a bit of emulsion on my apartment walls! I could have paid for a flight for my son to come from the UK and paint the walls for that, and give him a nice bit of pocket money.

1000dhs for 5 windows!..I get 6 windows done for £2.50 lol
Mate of mine got a quote for his kids party, 2 filipino girls come over and paint the faces of 20 kids for 3 hours - AEd 3k.

That's FIVE HUNDRED QUID.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Mate of mine got a quote for his kids party, 2 filipino girls come over and paint the faces of 20 kids for 3 hours - AEd 3k.

That's FIVE HUNDRED QUID.
You can definitely get 2 Filipino girls to come over for a few hours for less than that , you'd probably be able to get them to come over the week and also throw in a bit of ironing .
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

First world problems
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You can definitely get 2 Filipino girls to come over for a few hours for less than that , you'd probably be able to get them to come over the week and also throw in a bit of ironing .
Sweet painted ladies.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 1:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My garden furniture needs re-staining so I called this number I saw advertised on a notice at the Lakes Club, he is charging 200 dhs a chair and I think it was 500 for the table. I have two tables and 9 chairs! (anyone know anyone who can re-stain garden furniture?)
Old Sep 14th 2013, 1:59 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
My garden furniture needs re-staining so I called this number I saw advertised on a notice at the Lakes Club, he is charging 200 dhs a chair and I think it was 500 for the table. I have two tables and 9 chairs! (anyone know anyone who can re-stain garden furniture?)
You, a pot of stain and a paint brush.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You, a pot of stain and a paint brush.
I would mess it up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.