RIP Steve Jobs

Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:24 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Default Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Exactly. And it was Steve Wozniak who was the engineering brains behind the 1st Apple computers.
"The Woz" is more of a cult icon than someone who has contributed greatly to Apple's current success. The stuff that really made Apple successful, all the i-Products, owe nothing to the Woz, other than his engineering brilliance having provided the foundations for the company.

A bit like Bruce McLaren's contribution to the current F1 team that carries his name, the success of which is almost entirely the work of Ron Dennis.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthestig
"The Woz" is more of a cult icon than someone who has contributed greatly to Apple's current success. The stuff that really made Apple successful, all the i-Products, owe nothing to the Woz, other than his engineering brilliance having provided the foundations for the company.

A bit like Bruce McLaren's contribution to the current F1 team that carries his name, the success of which is almost entirely the work of Ron Dennis.
For the current crop of Apple products and Apple's rescue with the Ipod and other iproducts, I agree that Woz wasn't part of it. But with Jobb's passing and people talking about Apple in its entirety from its foundation, it needed reminding that on the engineering side, Woz started it all.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Yeah.

Apple made us want to embrace technology as part of our everyday life.

Look at it this way: Ipod/Iphone/Ipad= cool and amazing devices that I can't live without. Who cares if my director still sms me 100 x day on it, it's still amazingly cool.

Blackberry: I hate my F%&#$%#%#$# director and can't wait to turn it off/get rid of it/flush it down the toilet.
Yup, before I was given an ipod for Christmas I was a hunter-gather luddite who had no interest in book-learning and technology.

And so the corporate cult which is Apple, along with Saint. Jobs of California continues to dominate the world.

N.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:41 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

There's a really interesting programme on YouTube called "Revenge of the Nerds." it's 3 programmes and each one is split into 6 parts. confusingly listed but worth sticking with.

All about Jobs, Wozniak, Allen and Gates et al from their drop out nerding around beginnings until around the early 90's I think. Certainly before Jobs returned to apple.

It is rather fascinating, especially with hindsight.