RIP Steve Jobs

Old Oct 6th 2011, 12:53 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Default Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Apple and Pixar

What a legacy, few people have made an impact in more than one industry, Steve Jobs managed it...

An amazing guy, a true visionary. RIP
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like the I Phone , a bit of a toy but fun and great to look at . Read a lot of news on this subject today and i never quite understand the out pouring of grief people have for a total stranger.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like the I Phone
For me that would be like saying I quite like Angelina Jolie.

Read a lot of news on this subject today and i never quite understand the out pouring of grief people have for a total stranger.

Absolutely. I feel a tinge of sadness, but nothing much more because I never knew him and, in essence, to me he was merely the inspiriation behind a couple of companies which I like. Now, take my iPhone away from me, then you'll see grief...
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:58 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Well I'd hate to determine Sony's reputation based on a computer your husband bought, especially seeing as the Ipod is just a modern version of their original idea of mobile music.
Anyhow not sticking up for any brand in particular I just use what works best for me and so far that hasn't been any apple product.
RIP Steve he certainly wasn't a boring individual
the whole of Sony? No. Love their televisions. But would I hesitate before buying a Sony laptop? Well , actually I wouldn't Buy one anyway because I'm an apple tart. The vaio has annoyed me a fair old bit.

But I'm going by my own experiences. I know people have had problems with their mac stuff, I never have and I use the iPhone/iPod/ipad daily and pretty intensively. Until that changes I'm happy to pay what they cost. Preferably at an airport duty free...

Oh and they just look so bloody lovely. So well designed. Especially the iMacs and the MacBook air. Even the plugs. The connectors. Just really aesthetically pleasing.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:22 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Until the iPhone came along I had various Nokia and Motorola phones that were supposed to be 'smart'. They were actually stupid apart from SMS/phone calls.

Then the iPhone came and made it so much easier. To me, Samsung, HTC, etc... are all riding on the wave created by the iPhone.

Same with iPad - until it was released tablets had never taken off...lo and behold after it was released other companies started to release products looking very similar.

And guess what, with the success of the MacBook Air, PC companies are now pushing ultra slim laptops.

OK, technology may have had some limitations in the past, but am I the only one seeing the pattern?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:26 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle

Oh and they just look so bloody lovely. So well designed. Especially the iMacs and the MacBook air. Even the plugs. The connectors. Just really aesthetically pleasing.
To be fair, that is down to a Brit. And he learnt everything he knows at Newcastle Poly.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:51 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I know. The wonderful Jonathan Ive. He's brilliant. It's the attention to detail.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 7:31 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quoting him at the upcoming Arab Technology Awards. Only because what he told students at Stanford was so poignant.

My third story is about death.

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Also, I think Barack Obama's quote was quite poignant too.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.
Also, I don't normally link to the Daily Fail, but they have done an amazing job at collecting the various comments respecting his passing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

In all honestly, he is one of the few people in the past 100 years who can genuinely say they have changed our lives for the better.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Changed our lives forever??? maybe....certainly a triumph of form over function IMHO
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

'Changed our lives forever'.....Having a child changes or a serious illness changes your life forever not owning a fu**ing IPhone...

What utter rubbish
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

got to admire the fella, sold shiny shite at extortionate prices and people still love him
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Possible urban myth but rumour is the iphone 4s (iphone 4 steve)

Gimmick or what ?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Possible urban myth but rumour is the iphone 4s (iphone 4 steve)

Gimmick or what ?
If the "s" really denoted Jobbs, then they probably would have just named it " iphone S " or " iphone 4sj".
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:38 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

I can't think of any individual who has changed our lives for the better in the last 100 years with the exception of Tim Burners-Lee, without whom we would not be having this discussion, and Sir Frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine.

Plenty of other things like mobile phones, have also changed our lives, but have been the product of corporate innovation.

Steve Jobs' genius was to get punters to pay 500 quid for something he had knocked out for 100 in the sweatshops of China. A marketing genius, not someone who changed lives.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthestig
I can't think of any individual who has changed our lives for the better in the last 100 years with the exception of Tim Burners-Lee, without whom we would not be having this discussion, and Sir Frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine.

Plenty of other things like mobile phones, have also changed our lives, but have been the product of corporate innovation.

Steve Jobs' genius was to get punters to pay 500 quid for something he had knocked out for 100 in the sweatshops of China. A marketing genius, not someone who changed lives.
Exactly. And it was Steve Wozniak who was the engineering brains behind the 1st Apple computers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.